• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping discount when more than 1 item

RojanUK

Hi,

I'm using the individual shipping price per item contrib and have entered a shipping price for every product. However, I would like to automatically offer a discount on the shipping when people order 1 or more items. Is there a contribution that could do that, or is there something I could change to make that happen?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

RojanUK

I'm in the same boat, any help from you guys would be really helpfull , most of my product on my website are under $20 and I carge $6.99 for S/H for each product and I want to be able to give discont for mulitiple item purchased, and I want the discout to be calculated automatically at the check out (ex $6.99 for 1st item and $2.99 for each additional), any help from your guys or if u know the right direction where I should look, I would really appreciate it.

thank you

parvez

There is a contribution that is already heading in the right direction:

First/second item shipping, but it's not quite there yet. This contrib allows you to enter a flat rate shipping price for the first item and another rate for the second and more items.

Something like this would be great if entering the flat rate first item is optional and the rate for the second or more items would be in percentages (ie. 10% discount when buying 2 or more items).

Is this possible, do you think?

Thanks,

RojanUK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's hard to believe that there isn't a solution for something as rudementary as a discount on shipping when purchasing multiple items. So I'm activating this thread again, hoping that somebody has a solution.

RojanUK

It's hard to believe that there isn't a solution for something as rudementary as a discount on shipping when purchasing multiple items. So I'm activating this thread again, hoping that somebody has a solution.

I too an agonizing with what I think is a simple problem. I have separate pricing installed as I have 2 groups (retail wholesale).

Ive tried break point mods (works only on individual items) and Discount mods (does not allow separate breakpoints for different groups)

I want to say on the retail group 10% off on 5 or more items from the retail catagory and 10% off on 50 or more items from the wholesale catagory.

Somebody surely solved this long ago, but I cant seem to find a solution.