• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zone Rates

saud_realistic

Al-Rashed CenterHey I need Some Help we are setting up the online shop every thing is done ;) by i am stuck on the shipping module i set the methd of shipping Zone Rates but in Zone Rates ther is only one Zone name Zone1 but i need there should be 6 zones so that i can cover the world any one can help me regarding this problem i will be thankful

Al-Rashed CenterHey I need Some Help we are setting up the online shop every thing is done ;) by i am stuck on the shipping module i set the methd of shipping Zone Rates but in Zone Rates ther is only one Zone name Zone1 but i need there should be 6 zones so that i can cover the world any one can help me regarding this problem i will be thankful

Open up catalog/includes/modules/shipping/zones.php and read the introduction text at the beginning. Don't forget to remove and install again the zone module right after you changed it to reflect the change.

I open this page ----> catalog/includes/modules/shipping/zones.php and i change the zone number from 1 to 6 as i need six zones to cover all the countries . when i go back in Admin and the modules then shipping -----> zone rates there is additional boxes but there is nathing writen on then where should i put wut information and secondly if i put info by my self and then i click on update it dosnt show on the right side of main zone rates page

I open this page ----> catalog/includes/modules/shipping/zones.php and i change the zone number from 1 to 6 as i need six zones to cover all the countries . when i go back in Admin and the modules then shipping -----> zone rates there is additional boxes but there is nathing writen on then where should i put wut information and secondly if i put info by my self and then i click on update it dosnt show on the right side of main zone rates page

That's why I added:

Don't forget to remove and install again the zone module right after you changed it to reflect the change.

Once you changed the amount of zones you have to go to your Admin and remove the zones module installing it directly after that again. Only that way all the zones will get the appropriate text with it and work.

HTH

hey Thanx i realize it and i have done it thanx alot kindly tell me one more thing the weight and the price we are defining like this e.g 3:40 i want to know 3 is the weight and 40 is the price right 3 which is a weight is in kg,gm or lb(s) i will wait for ur reply thanx alot again

hey Thanx i realize it and i have done it thanx alot kindly tell me one more thing the weight and the price we are defining like this e.g 3:40 i want to know 3 is the weight and 40 is the price right 3 which is a weight is in kg,gm or lb(s)  i will wait for ur reply thanx alot again

That's correct: 3 is your weight and 40 will be your price for packages up to 3 kilogram, lbs or whatever you name it. Just be consistent with your weights when defining your products. If the 3 is meant for kilograms and you have a product of ie. 500 grams you will give it 0.5 with your product definition.

That should be it !

can zones.php be changed to use single Country States rather than all countries?

You can use this for that:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2571

And actually you can use the above linked module to solve any of the problems that came up in this thread ;)

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i need some help kindly any one can tell me can i use two zones one with low price and one with high price actully i want to put two diff shipping rates but i want to use zone rates or any one can give me some batter idea then this i will be gr8full thanx

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I changed the zones to 3 and then tried to activate from admin and got the following message which I don't understand - can you help?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'True', 'False'), ', now())' at line 1

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Enable Zones Method', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer zone rate shipping?', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('True', 'False'), ', now())

[TEP STOP]

Hey ! frnd

Hope u will be fine see its simple now remove the zones.php file and replace it with the new file from the orignal copy if u have of oscommerse this is the path \catalog\includes\modules\shipping\zones.php and then find the option of zones and change the default value is 1 change it to 3 or wut ever u want save the file the important point now go in admin remove the old zone rates option and install it again it will work ;)

take care

byee byee ;)