• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ship to US only

ttoomey

I searched the forums for a contribution or maybe a configuration setting to adjust shipping for this, but how do I disable, or dissallow people to place orders from outside of the united states?

We are receiving orders from West Africa and I am not entirely sure how to disable order placing from outside countries. Ideally we'd like for a popup to appear telling customers to call for international shipping information.

Has anyone else found a simple fix for this? Currently we use the UPS XML real time rates shipping module.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Assault

If you want to find it you'll have to google "Assault T-Shirts" because posting my damn url in my signature is against the forum rules.

T-Shirts with an edge

Powered by OSCommerce + about 20 different custom addons and some Wordpress

If you remove the contries you do not ship to from your locations they wont be able to select it and will get the hint they can buy there but i suggest putting the fact you only ship to the us somewhere where people can see it. Save them and you time.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

• 2 weeks later...
I searched the forums for a contribution or maybe a configuration setting to adjust shipping for this, but how do I disable, or dissallow people to place orders from outside of the united states?

We are receiving orders from West Africa and I am not entirely sure how to disable order placing from outside countries. Ideally we'd like for a popup to appear telling customers to call for international shipping information.

Has anyone else found a simple fix for this? Currently we use the UPS XML real time rates shipping module.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi, well the fix was not simple, but I asked recently for the same and noone had an naswer so I built my own. Added a column to the countries table in phpmyadmin and marked countries we ship to as 1, leaving null for the others. Then I question before going from checkout_shipping.php to checkout_payment.php whether the country selected as shipping address is in my list, if not only display info and the option to enter a new shipping address (in that form I only show the countries we ship to).

I also added a popup to create_account.php so the customer can easily see what countries we ship to, and a link in the information box with the same popup.

:-)

Monika

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Hi, well the fix was not simple, but I asked recently for the same and noone had an naswer so I built my own. Added a column to the countries table in phpmyadmin and marked countries we ship to as 1, leaving null for the others. Then I question before going from checkout_shipping.php to checkout_payment.php whether the country selected as shipping address is in my list, if not only display info and the option to enter a new shipping address (in that form I only show the countries we ship to).

I also added a popup to create_account.php so the customer can easily see what countries we ship to, and a link in the information box with the same popup.

Monika

I ship worldwide for the most part, but would like to limit some countries. I'd be interested in this. Have you released it as a contribution or would you be willing to share?

Thanks,

James

I ship worldwide for the most part, but would like to limit some countries.  I'd be interested in this.  Have you released it  as a contribution or would you be willing to share?

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

nope not a contrib as my site is more then heavily modded. Not sure if anyone would be intersted in it anyway ;-) ... so I haven't taken the trouble to reproduce it on a vanilla install.

If you send me a PM with your email addy, I'd be glad to share what I have.

love

Monika

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

• 2 weeks later...
This is easy.  Go into your sql database, and edit the "countries" table.  Delete all but the United States.

well not really. That would mean that I, living in Germany, could not order something from that US site to be sent to a US friend.

Monika

Monika

well not really. That would mean that I, living in Germany, could not order something from that US site to be sent to a US friend.

Monika

You could if the site would be setup to accept accounts for people from all different countries but restrict to US shipping only. If the shipping address is US than it would be no problem.

I am not really seeing the problem. If you want to ship to the US only you can ie. use the zones module and have one zone only which says US. All other countries will get a message that unfortunately you will not ship to their country but to the US only.

I guess you can do the same with the table rate module or any other module where you can define zones you will ship to.

You could if the site would be setup to accept accounts for people from all different countries but restrict to US shipping only. If the shipping address is US than it would be no problem.

I am not really seeing the problem. If you want to ship to the US only you can ie. use the zones module and have one zone only which says US. All other countries will get a message that unfortunately you will not ship to their country but to the US only.

I guess you can do the same with the table rate module or any other module where you can define zones you will ship to.

I read somewhere that you can do the zones stuff, add the message too, but people will still be able to checkout ... with a rate of zero for shipping. I didn't want that and programmed a mod for my customer.

Monika

Monika

I read somewhere that you can do the zones stuff, add the message too, but people will still be able to checkout ... with a rate of zero for shipping. I didn't want that and programmed a mod for my customer.

Monika

Monika,

That shouldn't be ?! If I have someone from a country which I do not ship to they get the message and can't choose a shipping method hence can not checkout.

Monika,

That shouldn't be ?! If I have someone from a country which I do not ship to they get the message and can't choose a shipping method hence can not checkout.

Not sure ... this is info I got from the boards. I never tried to do it that way. If it works for you, that's fabulous!

Monika

Monika

• 1 year later...

Looks like everyone may be happy here, but I just set up a site to only allow shipping in US. It wasn't too hard:

1) Created United States zone.

2) Edited all shipping modules to apply to just United States zone.

Now, for anyone outside US, there will be no shipping options...but wait, that means they will ship for 0!

So, I edited checkout_shipping.php - look for "if (tep_count_shipping_modules() <> 0)". Instead, see if == 0 (no shipping options), and:

1) Show a message in the displayed page instead of the shipping options: "no options for this shipping address, change or add address..."

2) Find Confirm section, and 'if' it out using "if (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 0)".

- Dave