• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Product Support v1.5.4

jcisar

I installed version 1.5.8 with the fix for the deeper categories. It works perfectly but there is something that I can't figure out how to fix.

I have a multilanguage site but when I drill into a sub-category the header of the Featured Products box still reads the (sub) category name in english.

This is the line causing me problems; any ideas where I need to make the change so that %s picks up the (sub)category name in the language the visitor is viewing the site in?

nl: define('TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY', 'Geselecteerde artikelen in %s');

Alternative languages:

en: define('TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY', 'Featured Products in %s');

de: define('TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY', 'Highlights in %s');

Also, I have done the database update as per the install script. I did not get an error message but can not see the max. number of featured products displayed option either. I have changed '39' to '33' and then it shows up; but when I change it it doesn't change it on the website.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have installed version 1.5.8 and all is working fine. On my main page the products display fine but there is no title for the infobox. As soon as I go into any subcat then it displays "Featured Products in CAT NAME". Is there a way I could just make it say "Featured Products" for the top level and all sub-level categories? Thanks a bunch!

Sam

I installed version 1.5.8 with the fix for the deeper categories. It works perfectly but there is something that I can't figure out how to fix.

I have a multilanguage site but when I drill into a sub-category the header of the Featured Products box still reads the (sub) category name in english.

This is the line causing me problems; any ideas where I need to make the change so that %s picks up the (sub)category name in the language the visitor is viewing the site in?

nl: define('TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY', 'Geselecteerde artikelen in %s');

Alternative languages:

en: define('TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY', 'Featured Products in %s');

de: define('TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY', 'Highlights in %s');

Hi

To display the name of category in multilingue do the next:

OPEN file:

catalog/includes/modules/featured.php

FIND:

$cat_name_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' limit 1");

REPLACE:

$cat_name_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' limit 1");

with this when enter a category the title of module display:

Featured Products in category name in each language

Also, I have done the database update as per the install script. I did not get an error message but can not see the max. number of featured products displayed option either. I have changed '39' to '33' and then it shows up; but when I change it it doesn't change it on the website.

Any ideas?

This option will be appear in:

Admin >> Configuration >> Featured

Is a new submenu in menu configuration of admin

in this option appear a list with two options:

Display Featured Products

Maximum Display of Featured

Edit "Maximum Display of Featured" and can change the number of products to display in featured module

Hello,

I have installed version 1.5.8 and all is working fine. On my main page the products display fine but there is no title for the infobox. As soon as I go into any subcat then it displays "Featured Products in CAT NAME". Is there a way I could just make it say "Featured Products" for the top level and all sub-level categories? Thanks a bunch!

Sam

Hi in main page the featured module display the title with link, and this link use the style define in catalog/stylesheet.css

in:

title of module:

color of text define here:

A.headerNavigation { 
 color: #FFFFFF; 
}

color when posicionate the cursor over the title:

A.headerNavigation:hover {
 color: #ffffff;
}

and when posicionate the cursor over the title appear a underline, define here:

A:hover {
 color: #AABBDD;
 text-decoration: underline;
}

Is posible you have a different colors and can see the title

If you want to quit the link of title and do the change to display only the title Featured Products do this:

OPEN file:

catalog/includes/modules/featured.php

1. FIND:

$featured_products_category_id = $new_products_category_id;
 $cat_name_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' limit 1");
 $cat_name_fetch = tep_db_fetch_array($cat_name_query);
 $cat_name = $cat_name_fetch['categories_name'];
 $info_box_contents = array();

if ( (!isset($featured_products_category_id)) || ($featured_products_category_id == '0') ) {
$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => '<a class="headerNavigation" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' . TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a>');

REPLACE:

$info_box_contents = array();

if ( (!isset($featured_products_category_id)) || ($featured_products_category_id == '0') ) {

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS));

2. AND FIND:

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY, $cat_name));

REPLACE:

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS));

this second step quit the category name in title

nicko107 ?

Hi , I have installed all of your layout contribs for individual boxes with descriptions , including specials and featured on main page... great stuff and all working fine.

is it possible to have individual boxes on the actual featured_products.php page , the same as on the specials.php page ?

cheers

is there a way in which you can add entire categories in one go rather than one product at a time?

i have a lot of products to sift through and it takes some time.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

D4

Hi

there are a version of 24 May 2006

Featured Products v1.5.6 of guardianms

that include this option

the file needed is:

catalog/admin/featured.php

see the different with Winmerge program to compare both file, and do the changes to have this option in admin

only see in line 246 the correct path of directory images

nicko107 ?

Hi , I have installed all of your layout contribs for individual boxes with descriptions , including specials and featured on main page... great stuff and all working fine.

is it possible to have individual boxes on the actual featured_products.php page , the same as on the specials.php page ?

cheers

Hi

Im creating new version for thats contributions, in the next days or next week I upload it

Hello,

I'm using STS 4.2 and I find myself a bit lost on three occasions when I follow the installation procedure. Any help would really be appreciated : )

Step 13 - The instructions say:

edit /catalog/index.php and change the two instances of FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS to FILENAME_FEATURED

Does this mean that I have to replace:

<tr>
<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
</tr>

by

<tr>
<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
</tr>

or that I should add the FILENAME_FEATURED lines before the two FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS occurrences?

Step 15.2 - Should I add the following code anywhere in /catalog/includes/column_right.php or column_left.php.

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'featured.php');
// STS: ADD
$sts_block_name = 'featuredbox';
require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
// STS: EOADD

Step 15.3 - The text says:

15.3 Add the following lines to /catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php

I don't have this file at this location: should I add the lines into \catalog\includes\modules\sts_inc\sts_display_output.php?

Step 15.3 - I'm lost again. The instructions are to add these lines in sts_display_output.php:

$template['featuredbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['featuredbox'], 'featuredbox');
and further down
echo $sts_block['featured'];

The "and further down" part puzzles me - I don't speak Php and I just don't understand what I should put where.

My sts_display_output.php file contains the following:

<?php
/*
$Id: sts_display_output.php,v 4.1 2006/01/25 05:57:12 rigadin Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2005 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

Based on: Simple Template System (STS) - Copyright (c) 2004 Brian Gallagher - [email protected]
STS v4.1 by Rigadin ([email protected])
*/

// Get list of modules to include
$sts_modules_inc = $sts->capture_fields(); // Returns an array of files to include
$sts_modules_str = ''; // Added in v4.0.7 for debug
if (!empty($sts_modules_inc)) {
 foreach ($sts_modules_inc as $sts_mod){
include(DIR_WS_MODULES.'sts_inc/'.$sts_mod);
$sts_modules_str.= $sts_mod .' - '; // Added in v4.0.7 for debug
 }
}

// If we use a template, replace placeholders and display the page
 if ($sts->display_template_output == 1) {
$sts->replace();  // Read file and replace placeholders with variables content
echo $sts->template['template_html'];  // Display the page
 }

// Display debug information if we are in template debug mode
if ($sts->display_debug_output) {
 // Print Debugging Info
 print "\n<pre><hr>\n";
 print "STS_VERSION=[" . $sts->version . "]<br>\n";
 print "OSC_VERSION=[".PROJECT_VERSION."]\n";
 print "STS_TEMPLATE=[" . $sts->template_file . "]\n";
 print "STS_MODULE=[" . $sts->script->code . "]\n";
 print "STS_INC_MODULES=[". $sts_modules_str . "]<hr>\n"; // Added in v4.0.7 to know what modules are included

$sts->template['template_html'] = 'This variable is the source code of this page, without debug informations. As it is quite long, we dont show it here.';
 foreach ($sts->template as $key=>$value) {
print "<b>\$sts->template['$key']</b><hr>" . htmlspecialchars($value) . "<hr>\n";
 }

}
?>

Could someone please assist me?

To make Featured Products work with STS 4.2, replace the original 15.2 "Add the following lines to /catalog/includes/column_right.php or column_left.php" by:

15.2 Add the following lines to /catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php or sts_column_right.php:

$sts->restart_capture ('featuredbox', 'box');  // Get Featured Products Box

And skip step 15.3

It works fine here - hope this helps : )

Got this problem in Admin with Featured Products 1.5.9

Productos Destacados	  
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-4, 4' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, s.featured_id, s.featured_date_added, s.featured_last_modified, s.expires_date, s.date_status_change, s.status from products p, featured s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '3' and p.products_id = s.products_id order by pd.products_name limit -4, 4

[TEP STOP]

any clue? :wacko:

Got this problem in Admin with Featured Products 1.5.9

Productos Destacados	  
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-4, 4' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, s.featured_id, s.featured_date_added, s.featured_last_modified, s.expires_date, s.date_status_change, s.status from products p, featured s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '3' and p.products_id = s.products_id order by pd.products_name limit -4, 4

[TEP STOP]

any clue? :wacko:

Found the answer for this.. it was only an error that is shown when you don't have any item in the category (in this case, fetured). Once added one item, all works nicely :)

hehe, worked like a charm, thanks Mookie_Jam! :thumbsup:

For those that are not sure, i know i wasnt anyway, go into phpmyadmin, table featured and click insert to add a new row to the featured list. Once added, refresh the admin page and it should be working fine... :)

I have Featured Product installed and it works great! I noticed that the Maximum Display of Featured within the Configuration panel changes both the featured displayed on the main page as well as the featured product page. Is there a way to have the maximum number displayed on the featured product page (featured_products.php) different from the main page?

Thanks,

~~~Rob

Edited by rkever

Hello i installed the new version 1.5.9 and i get this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-10, 10' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, s.featured_id, s.featured_date_added, s.featured_last_modified, s.expires_date, s.date_status_change, s.status from products p, featured s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id order by pd.products_name limit -10, 10

any ideas

Thanks

Hi

Im creating new version for thats contributions, in the next days or next week I upload it

Hi nicko107

Did you get chance to work on this?

I have bodged it to work with graphic borders with the following

In modules\featured.php, How ever I have a small problem in that only the first item has the title displayed :huh:

after

<!-- featued_products //-->

add

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<?php echo mws_header(TEXT_FEATURED_PRODUCTS); ?>

<td>

Before

<!-- featured_products_eof //-->

Add

</td>

<?php echo mws_footer(''); ?>

</tr>

</table>

Change:

$num ++; if ($num == 1) { new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents); }

To:

$num ++; if ($num == 1)

Change:

new contentBox($info_box_contents);

To:

new noborderBox($info_box_contents);

In catalog\includes\languages\english.php

Add before <?

define('TEXT_FEATURED_PRODUCTS', 'Featured Products');

There is probably an easier\better way to do the above, I would now like to get the individual boxes and or short descriptions working on this now, but that will have to wait as I need so ZZzzz

Also would it be possible to make the box (when used in a colum) to scroll up like in special offers?

Heres a link to my test site

Get-Wireless

I hope someone can help with this and also the border issue with the individual new products

Regards

Shaun

Hello,

I'm using STS 4.2 and I find myself a bit lost on three occasions when I follow the installation procedure. Any help would really be appreciated : )

Step 13 - The instructions say:

Does this mean that I have to replace:

<tr>
<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
</tr>

by

<tr>
<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
</tr>

or that I should add the FILENAME_FEATURED lines before the two FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS occurrences?

Step 15.2 - Should I add the following code anywhere in /catalog/includes/column_right.php or column_left.php.

// STS: ADD
$sts_block_name = 'featuredbox';
require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
// STS: EOADD

Step 15.3 - The text says:

I don't have this file at this location: should I add the lines into \catalog\includes\modules\sts_inc\sts_display_output.php?

Step 15.3 - I'm lost again. The instructions are to add these lines in sts_display_output.php:

$template['featuredbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['featuredbox'], 'featuredbox');
and further down
echo $sts_block['featured'];

The "and further down" part puzzles me - I don't speak Php and I just don't understand what I should put where.

My sts_display_output.php file contains the following:

<?php
/*
$Id: sts_display_output.php,v 4.1 2006/01/25 05:57:12 rigadin Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2005 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

Based on: Simple Template System (STS) - Copyright (c) 2004 Brian Gallagher - [email protected]
STS v4.1 by Rigadin ([email protected])
*/

// Get list of modules to include
$sts_modules_inc = $sts->capture_fields(); // Returns an array of files to include
$sts_modules_str = ''; // Added in v4.0.7 for debug
if (!empty($sts_modules_inc)) {
 foreach ($sts_modules_inc as $sts_mod){
include(DIR_WS_MODULES.'sts_inc/'.$sts_mod);
$sts_modules_str.= $sts_mod .' - '; // Added in v4.0.7 for debug
 }
}

// If we use a template, replace placeholders and display the page
 if ($sts->display_template_output == 1) {
$sts->replace();  // Read file and replace placeholders with variables content
echo $sts->template['template_html'];  // Display the page
 }

// Display debug information if we are in template debug mode
if ($sts->display_debug_output) {
 // Print Debugging Info
 print "\n<pre><hr>\n";
 print "STS_VERSION=[" . $sts->version . "]<br>\n";
 print "OSC_VERSION=[".PROJECT_VERSION."]\n";
 print "STS_TEMPLATE=[" . $sts->template_file . "]\n";
 print "STS_MODULE=[" . $sts->script->code . "]\n";
 print "STS_INC_MODULES=[". $sts_modules_str . "]<hr>\n"; // Added in v4.0.7 to know what modules are included

$sts->template['template_html'] = 'This variable is the source code of this page, without debug informations. As it is quite long, we dont show it here.';
 foreach ($sts->template as $key=>$value) {
print "<b>\$sts->template['$key']</b><hr>" . htmlspecialchars($value) . "<hr>\n";
 }

}
?>

Could someone please assist me?

Hi Philippe,

Did you already have an answer found for this?

I have the same problem as you have...

Cheers,

Eric :D :D :D

I have Featured Product installed and it works great! I noticed that the Maximum Display of Featured within the Configuration panel changes both the featured displayed on the main page as well as the featured product page. Is there a way to have the maximum number displayed on the featured product page (featured_products.php) different from the main page?

Thanks,

~~~Rob

Hi

I think the better option is use the maximun display products of the new products list ( option

Open file:

catalog/featured_products.php

and Find:

MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS

replace by:

MAX_DISPLAY_PRODUCTS_NEW

with this change the max. products to display in featured products list is the same of option:

admin >> Configuration >> Maximum Values >> New Products Listing

Other method is insert a new sql in database and define other option for this file featured_products.php but this add other querie to database

Heres a link to my test site

Get-Wireless

I hope someone can help with this and also the border issue with the individual new products

Regards

Shaun

Hi I upload a new version of individual boxes and now Im working in instructions to applied to the Featured products modules, since version 1.1 of individual boxes there are others version of Featured products and need other changes to display the individual boxes

In two or three days I finish it and I can upload