• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Product Support v1.5.4

jcisar

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed everything and everything in the admin is looking correct. But I dont see any changes to my site. i went in and changed the index file. I changed the two files that said change FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS to FILENAME_FEATURED. When I did that I received and error message,Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/whadatf1/public_html/index.php on line 296

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/whadatf1/public_html/index.php on line 296

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/whadatf1/public_html/index.php on line 296

This is my stores url: www.whadatfa.com

What i would like to do is only display a specific item on my main page from each category.

Is there anyone who could help me configure this template???????

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I am COMPLETELY lost.

My featured.php is the below and i get "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_featured_status() (previously declared in /home/vplaza/public_html/catalog/laurent/includes/functions/featured.php:16) in /home/vplaza/public_html/catalog/laurent/includes/functions/featured.php on line 18":

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

Featured Products V1.1
 Expiry Functions
*/

////
// Sets the status of a featured product
 function tep_set_featured_status($featured_id, $status) {
   return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_FEATURED . " set status = '" . $status . "', date_status_change = now() where featured_id = '" . $featured_id . "'");
 }

////
// Auto expire featured products
 function tep_expire_featured() {
   $featured_query = tep_db_query("select featured_id from " . TABLE_FEATURED . " where status = '1' and now() >= expires_date and expires_date > 0");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($featured_query)) {
     while ($featured = tep_db_fetch_array($featured_query)) {
       tep_set_featured_status($featured['featured_id'], '0');
     }
   }
 }
?>

I simply uploaded the documents into the right places, made all of the adjustments in the manual file, etc...

Hello -

I have installed Featured Products 1.6.3. I am receiving this error and i cant figure this out. I have ran the SQL scripts,already. The admin section works just fine, but the site doesn't work.

This is the error I receive -

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/thesoc7/public_html/test store/includes/application_top.php on line 355

Thanks for help.

Hello, I just installed Featured Products and my website acts strange. In Admin it works ok, but after editing something (for example if I change Active/Inactive to some product), the website doesn't load anymore. I have to close the browser and open it again.

How can I use Featured Products on main page, rather than in left column?

I would like that Featured Produscts to appear like "New Products for (Month)" appeared: on main page, with as many products as I want. Now, on sidebar I can see just one product, even if I have several active in Admin.

EDIT: Tried in IE and here some server error appeared:

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

Thank you.

Edited by mondobongo3

Hello -

I have installed Featured Products 1.6.3. I am receiving this error and i cant figure this out. I have ran the SQL scripts,already. The admin section works just fine, but the site doesn't work.

This is the error I receive -

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/thesoc7/public_html/test store/includes/application_top.php on line 355

Thanks for help.

Take a look here for your solution.

Also, look here before you make any changes.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Hopefully this forum still function. After installing the Featured products i got this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/topdispl/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php:16) in /home/topdispl/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 76

then I click on a category, i got this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/topdispl/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 361.

I do not know why I would have an error in categories since the modification didn't ask to modified the categories.

Could someone help me with this. Thank you so much in advance

• 3 weeks later...

I hope someone can help me?

I'm trying to display the manufacturers name as well. I changed the query to include "$featured_products['manufacturers_name']" but I seem to be missing something as it does not show up.

code:

$query = 'SELECT distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, m.manufacturers_name IF (s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, p.products_price, pd.products_name
   FROM ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS . ' p 
   LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . ' m ON p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id 
   LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . ' p2c using(products_id)
   LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES . ' c USING (categories_id)
   LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_FEATURED . ' f ON p.products_id = f.products_id
   LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_SPECIALS . ' s ON p.products_id = s.products_id
   LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ON p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' 
   where c.categories_id IN(" . $catIdSql . ") AND p.products_status = '1' AND f.status = '1' ";

if ( defined('FEATURED_PRODUCTS_SPECIALS_ONLY') AND FEATURED_PRODUCTS_SPECIALS_ONLY == 'true' ) {
	$query .= " AND s.status = '1' ";
}
$query .= 'ORDER BY rand(' . $mtm . ') DESC LIMIT ' . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS;

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query( $query );

• 2 weeks later...

For those looking to get control of the product order instead of using the random order or sorting by price or name I found this quick fix for the latest version. If, like me, you don't require the expiry date you can use it to control the display order of the products instead.

You just need to edit the "order by" section of catalog/includes/modules/featured.php to the below:

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, f.expires_date, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by f.expires_date ASC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS);

You can then order the products using an arbitrary date in ascending order.

I was wonder if someone could tell me what needs to be changed so I can have the picture image and price center align and the description text left align. I know how to change the alignment of all of them, but I would like to center only picture and price, and left align text. It seems the code for this is located in /includes/modules/featured.php around line 140. but I dont know how to modify it correctly.

thanks

• 1 month later...

I just installed featured products add on. It is great. I have a couple of questions. How do I change the look, Links, sizes, colors, etc? If you go to http://soundwavedirect.com scoll down to featured product. How do I make featured products to match the template I have? Right now the featured products on that page is a copy and paiste from another page until I make this add on live.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the great contribution, I have installed it , but a little problem appears:

When i click the Categories->Hardware, the "Featured Products in Hardware" box appears under the Sub Categories,

I don't want the box appears here, and how to modify it ?

and I set the ADMIN->Configuration->Featured->Include Sub Categories When Displaying Featured Products value to false,but

nothing changes.

any body can helps?

Thanks

JUN

i have the same problem, i think here is the code:

if ( defined('FEATURED_PRODUCTS_SUB_CATEGORIES') AND FEATURED_PRODUCTS_SUB_CATEGORIES == 'true' ) {
     // current catID as starting value
     $cats[] = $new_products_category_id; 
     // put cat-IDs of all cats nested in current branch into $cats array, 
     // go through all subbranches
     for($i=0; $i<count($cats); $i++) {
       $categorie_query = tep_db_query('SELECT `categories_id` FROM ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " WHERE parent_id = '" . (int)$cats[$i] . "'"); 
       while ($categorie = tep_db_fetch_array($categorie_query)) {
         $cats[] = $categorie['categories_id'];
       }
    // sort out doubles
       $cats = array_unique($cats);
     }
     $catIdSql = implode(', ', $cats);
} else {
     $catIdSql = $featured_products_category_id_list;
}

To fix set "Include Sub Categories When Displaying Featured Products value" to false nothing changed

include/modules/featured.php

fine this code:

} else {

replace with this;

} else {
$catIdSql = $new_products_category_id;

Sean

Hi all,

I just installed this add-on, it's great. I've got two problems though I need help with, one is that there is always a zero being displayed right below the items name? How do I get ride of that?

And my second question is, can this mod be used to replace the whole products_new.php page? I want to have the ability to control what appears on my what's new page, like a sort function where I can set numbers 0,1,2,3 for each product which would determine how they would appear? that's what I'm looking for basically.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently installed this contribution and the featured products seem to be working except for two things:

1.) The New Products module still appears. The Featured module did not take the place of the New Products module but instead was simply added to the end.

2.) The Featured products always stay the same and do not seem to change when I click into different categories.

Did I miss something?

Here is my page so you can see what I mean:

http://www.ffie.com/catalog

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

ANyone know how to edit the box style that shows on index.php ?

Im trying to change the background color and get rid of the box heading.

(The large box which shows in the middle of index.php)

I am trying to alter the box style too or go one even better and revert back to my original template monster front page template which originally showed new products in a formatting I liked.

Featured Products v1.6.5_1 is a great mod but it's somewhat knocked my template out a bit.

There are 2 files.

/modules/featured.php

/modules/new_products.php

I'm wondering if it is possible for me to use the new_products.php formatting but call in featured products in it instead of new. It's full of code and I don't have a cat in hells chance of doing it.

Could anyone help me? There is a reward.

<?php
/*
 $Id: featured.php,v 1.7 2008/08/22 22:30:20 aa0001 Exp $

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Featured Products V1.1
 Displays a list of featured products, selected from admin
 For use as an Infobox instead of the "New Products" Infobox  
*/
?>
<!-- featured_products //-->
<?php
if( defined('FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY') AND FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY == 'true' ) {
 $featured_products_category_id =  (isset($new_products_category_id))?$new_products_category_id:'0';
 $cat_name_query = tep_db_query('SELECT `categories_name` FROM ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " WHERE `categories_id` = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' limit 1");
 $cat_name_fetch = tep_db_fetch_array($cat_name_query);
 $cat_name = $cat_name_fetch['categories_name'];
 $info_box_contents = array();

list($usec, $sec) = explode(' ', microtime());
 srand( (float) $sec + ((float) $usec * 100000) );
 $mtm= rand();

if ( (!isset($featured_products_category_id)) || ($featured_products_category_id == '0') ) {
 	$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => '<a class="headerNavigation" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' . TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a>');

// Phocea Optimize featured query
   // Ben: Option to only show featured products on sale
   $query = 'SELECT p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, IF (s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, p.products_price, pd.products_name ';

if ( defined('FEATURED_PRODUCTS_SPECIALS_ONLY') AND FEATURED_PRODUCTS_SPECIALS_ONLY == 'true' ) {
     $query .= 'FROM ' . TABLE_SPECIALS . ' s LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS . ' p ON s.products_id = p.products_id ';
} else {
     $query .= 'FROM ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS . ' p LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_SPECIALS . ' s ON p.products_id = s.products_id ';
}

$query .= 'LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ON p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'
   LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f ON p.products_id = f.products_id
   WHERE p.products_status = '1' AND f.status = '1' order by rand($mtm) DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS;

} else {
   $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY, $cat_name));
   $subcategories_array = array();
   tep_get_subcategories($subcategories_array, $featured_products_category_id);
   $featured_products_category_id_list = tep_array_values_to_string($subcategories_array);
   if ($featured_products_category_id_list == '') {
     $featured_products_category_id_list .= $featured_products_category_id;
   } else {
     $featured_products_category_id_list .= ',' . $featured_products_category_id;
   }

if ( defined('FEATURED_PRODUCTS_SUB_CATEGORIES') AND FEATURED_PRODUCTS_SUB_CATEGORIES == 'true' ) {
     // current catID as starting value
     $cats[] = $new_products_category_id; 
     // put cat-IDs of all cats nested in current branch into $cats array, 
     // go through all subbranches
     for($i=0; $i<count($cats); $i++) {
       $categorie_query = tep_db_query('SELECT `categories_id` FROM ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " WHERE parent_id = '" . (int)$cats[$i] . "'"); 
       while ($categorie = tep_db_fetch_array($categorie_query)) {
         $cats[] = $categorie['categories_id'];
       }
    // sort out doubles
       $cats = array_unique($cats);
     }
} else {
}

// Phocea Optimize featured query
$query = 'SELECT distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, IF (s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, p.products_price, pd.products_name
   FROM ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS . ' p LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . ' p2c using(products_id)
   LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES . ' c USING (categories_id)
   LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_FEATURED . ' f ON p.products_id = f.products_id
   LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_SPECIALS . ' s ON p.products_id = s.products_id
   LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ON p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' 
   where c.categories_id IN(" . $catIdSql . ") AND p.products_status = '1' AND f.status = '1' ";

$query .= " AND s.status = '1' ";
}
$query .= 'ORDER BY rand(' . $mtm . ') DESC LIMIT ' . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS;

}

$row = 0;
 $col = 0; 
 $num = 0;
 while ($featured_products = tep_db_fetch_array($featured_products_query)) {
   $num ++;
   if ($num == 1) {
     new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents); 
   }
// If on special show regular and sale price
 	if (tep_not_null($featured_products['specials_new_products_price'])) {
     $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br>';
    	$products_price .= '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
   } else {
     $products_price = $currencies->display_price($featured_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id']));
   }
   $info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
                                         'params' => 'class="" width="33%" valign="top"',
                                         'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products['products_image'], $featured_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . $featured_products['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $products_price);
   $col ++;
   if ($col > 1) {
     $col = 0;
     $row ++;
   }
 }
 if($num) {

new contentBox($info_box_contents);
 }
} else {
  // If it's disabled, then include the original New Products box
  // include (DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); // disable for dont show if desactive the feature module
}
?>
<!-- featured_products_eof //-->

What I'd like it in so it formats nice:-)

<?php
/*
 $Id: new_products.php 1806 2008-01-11 22:48:15Z hpdl $

Copyright (c) 2008 osCommerce

*/
?>
<!-- new_products //-->
<?php
//  $info_box_contents = array();
//  $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS, strftime('%B')));
//  new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);
 if ( (!isset($new_products_category_id)) || ($new_products_category_id == '0') ) {
   $new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 } else {
   $new_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 }
 $row = 0;
 $col = 0;
 $info_box_contents = array();
 while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {
// ----------	
 $product_query = tep_db_query("select products_description, products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$new_products['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);
 $p_id = $product['products_id'];	

$p_pic = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';

$p_name = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a>';

$p_desc = ''.substr(strip_tags($product['products_description']), 0, MAX_DESCR_1).' ...';

$p_price = '<span class="productSpecialPrice">'.$currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])).'</span>';

$p_details = '<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id='.$p_id) . '">'.tep_image_button('button_details2.gif', '', ' class="btn1"').'</a>';
 $p_buy_now = '<a href="'.tep_href_link("products_new.php","action=buy_now&products_id=".$p_id).'">'.tep_image_button('button_add_to_cart1.gif', '', ' class="btn2"').'</a>';

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'left',
                                          'params' => ' style="width:50%;"',
                                          'text' => ''.tep_draw_prod2_top().'
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td class="new">									   
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
	<tr><td class="name name2_padd">'.$p_name.'</td></tr>
	<tr><td class="pic2_padd">'.tep_draw_prod_pic_top().''.$p_pic.''.tep_draw_prod_pic_bottom().'</td></tr>
	<tr><td>'.tep_draw_name_top().'
			<tr>
				<td class="price2_padd"><b>'.PRICE.':</b>'.$p_price.'</td>
				<td>'.tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'part.gif').'</td>
				<td class="button2_padd button2_marg">
						<tr><td>'.$p_details.' '.$p_buy_now.'</td></tr>
					</table>
				</td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	'.tep_draw_name_bottom().'</td></tr>
</table>
</td></tr></table>									   
'.tep_draw_prod2_bottom().'');
   $col ++;
   if ($col > 1) {
     $col = 0;
     $row ++;
   }
 }

new contentBox($info_box_contents);
?>
<!-- new_products_eof //-->

Hope you are well.

Andrew

Edited by hostyork

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I've attempted, which seems a mistake on my part, to load featured products, the latest version from the download page v1.6.5.

I can't get past or resolve

Step 6:

Edit the file /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php:

Find:

define('BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'Products Expected');

I've found this in a search here, but the user only said it was fixed with no indication of how this is achieved :(

The file box catalog etc is not in the english file. Can someone please help with some clear advice, I've spent two full days trying to figure out how the products are chosen for the front page, alas no simple explanation other than new products, i.e new shop they are all new products ?? , so i try Featured Products and I'am now at a standstill.

any help wil be greatly appreciated .. thanks alan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Any help on this would be hugely appreciated!

Basically, I have run through the instructions and implemented every step (excluding the steps relating to STS, as I do not use it), and whilst the infobox is displaying featured boxes perfectly well, the main page is just blank. There are no errors on screen, nor in my error log.

I have triple checked the index.php page, so I know it's nothing to do with that. In fact, I've gone through the instructions many times over.

If anybody can suggest anything that might cause this, I'd be very grateful.

The version I'm using is Featured Products v1.6.5. I have run the SQL commands correctly, and there really does seem to be nothing wrong with anything I've done. I'm not ruling it out though - I'm only human, afterall.

Any suggestions would be great!

EDIT: I have also (just!) realised that there are references within the code to featured.php. Any idea where this file is and where it's meant to go? I've never seen it!

Edited by Rubin Remus

I no longer require any help. Just thought I'd let you know before somebody spends their time replying.

I will mention though, that my problem was solved simply by flushing out all references of "Featured" from the database, and then running the SQL again.

Thanks for a great mod!