• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Product Support v1.5.4

jcisar

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed this mod. I had this on another store and it worked perfectly without a hitch however on this new store its not working at all. It simply doesnt appear anywhere and my New Products for the Month has totally disappeared. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I just installed this mod. I had this on another store and it worked perfectly without a hitch however on this new store its not working at all. It simply doesnt appear anywhere and my New Products for the Month has totally disappeared. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

You need to make the modifications to the index.php file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi all,

I'm having a problem - the Featured Products is not displaying in the main area - I installed version 161, non STS. When a category has sub cats that category will display any 'Featured Products' but not the main index. Wierd. Can't figure out why.

It seems to me that the Index page is updated correctly otherwise the sub cats wouldn't display at all. Also the left column wouldn't display either!

Must be to do with the logic in featured.php in catalog/includes/modules but I don't know enough about it to figure out why!

Anybody help with this?

Cheers

Didgemandu

It would appear that on the main index it's not registering any products - I added the little contribution which puts the New Products box back if there are 0 featured and lo and behold up pops the new products which means that the system thinks there are no featured products on the main index.... strange! Any help appreciated!

Hi all,

I'm having a problem - the Featured Products is not displaying in the main area - I installed version 161, non STS. When a category has sub cats that category will display any 'Featured Products' but not the main index. Wierd. Can't figure out why.

It seems to me that the Index page is updated correctly otherwise the sub cats wouldn't display at all. Also the left column wouldn't display either!

Must be to do with the logic in featured.php in catalog/includes/modules but I don't know enough about it to figure out why!

Anybody help with this?

Cheers

Didgemandu

Hi all,

Anybody help with this?

Cheers

Didgemandu

For Your Info: The version that has STS in the title IS Featured Products, it only adds a few lines of extra installation instructions for STS users. All non-STS users would simply skip those added steps.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I have a BIG problem with this contribution!

It's displaying me only one product on my index even i set it up to 6 products max and activate the contribution!

I don't know why... I tried to modify the featured.php from modules..

limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS

to

limit 2"

but nothing happens...

I put this contribution in index with the sts contribution.. in middle i have $featurebox.. and i want to display more products, not one..

What i want requires a special contribution? Or i make a mistake when i installed the featured products contribution (but i don't think so)?

What could be the problem? Many thanks in advance for support!

Edited by SmileX

Have a look at the Featured Products Contribution list - I had a similar problem although not using STS - downloaded the

"Used the featured.php now showing products from all nested subcategories"

And uploaded the new featured.php and it worked fine!

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/651

Its about 3 from the top.

Just copy over the featured.php. Check there isn't any changes for the file required by STS as well!

Good Luck!

Rob

A very quick look suggests that you don't need to put the $featuredbox in the middle column - it should be activiated automatically, I guess instead of the New Products box. So if you have taken the STS code out for the New Products Centre Box try putting that back in?

It works! I put in the middle column $content (not $featuredbox) and it continued to display only one product... I make what Didgemandu did says in its latest post and it works! THANK YOU!

Now i want to set a maximum 2 columns to display for featured products.. How can i do this?

Edited by SmileX

I solved my problem with maximum 2 columns with featured products:

includes/modules/featured.php

find:

$col ++;

if ($col > 2) {

$col = 0;

$row ++;

}

replace line:

if ($col > 2) {

with:

if ($col > 1) {

First, awesome contribution! Really, many thanks. Now my question.

Everything seems to work perfectly, from the Admin stuff to the column_left.php, but for some stupid reason I can't figure out how I buggered the index.php. I'm not getting any errors, just the new products box is gone, but the main featured products box isn't showing up. Could someone take a look at this and point out my error? Thanks!

Site www.dianebears.com

index.php code...

Here:

// needed for the new products module shown below
$new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
</table></td>
<?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list

And here:

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); ?></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brandon,

Don't know if you've fixed this........

I just had the same problem. I tried the 'Featured products for nested categories' as mentioned above - now works great.

What I noticed with the first file I added to /modules was that it was named 'featured_products.php', but the new file from the 'nested categories' contribution was just named 'featured.php' - so it works.

Don't know if I used the wrong file to start with - thought I followed the right paths.....

Anyway, hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi,

I want to disable the link on the "Featured Products" heading for the infobox.

Can anyone help me find which file I alter to do this?

Thanks,

Jim

Got it working! "Used the featured.php now showing products from all nested subcategories" addition to Featured Products. Works like a dream so far now!

Rob

I ran into the same problem and this solved it for me as well and is probably worth repeating:

I downloaded the package 'Featured Products 161 with STS 453 instructions' and installed everything but did not have the Featured Products section show up on my store's homepage. I repeated the entire install thinking I missed something with no luck.

Following Didgemandu's suggestion I went to the submission titled: 'featured.php now showing products from all nested subcategories' and uploaded the file: includes/modules/featured.php and the Featured Products displayed properly on my homepage.

I ran into the same problem and this solved it for me as well and is probably worth repeating:

I downloaded the package 'Featured Products 161 with STS 453 instructions' and installed everything but did not have the Featured Products section show up on my store's homepage. I repeated the entire install thinking I missed something with no luck.

Following Didgemandu's suggestion I went to the submission titled: 'featured.php now showing products from all nested subcategories' and uploaded the file: includes/modules/featured.php and the Featured Products displayed properly on my homepage.

My version has never caused this problem so maybe something has changed since then.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

I want to disable the link on the "Featured Products" heading for the infobox.

Can anyone help me find which file I alter to do this?

Thanks,

Jim

includes/modules/featured.php

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi - there seems to be *BUG* with the latest (1.61) version of this contribution... The author adds joins for the Special products (evidentally to display the prices, etc...), however this makes it so that NO featured products will be displayed UNLESS they are on special...

I fixed mine (for the moment) by using the includes/modules/featured.php file in the Contribs page just before the 1.60 (or 160) update...

** Please do not PM with personal support requests (even if offering "payment"). Thank you.

I installed 161 w/STS 453 instructions(running STS), but have a problem. If I enable Featured Products in the Admin, the Featured Products box "pushes" the main page content ($content) out of the middle column, instead of displayed under the main page content. According to Bill K's excellent instructions, I should be able to position the Featured box anywhere I want it:

Step 15.2:

Add the following STS Tag anywhere on your template pages if you want an individual (separate) Featured Infobox (optional), use this tag ONLY if you turn the Feature option OFF in your store's admin.

$featuredbox

but the $featuredbox tag does not work if I turn off the Featured option in the Admin and when enabled, I get 2 Featured Products on the main page? anybody know what's going on?

thanks,