• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Product Support v1.5.4

jcisar

hi i installed this contrib (latest package) and it works fine.. good work.

however im running the graphical borders mod and i cant get rid of the standard header column that says featured products.

This results in having Featured Products written twice across the top of the box!

can anyone offer some advice or have a go for me..

thanks.

hi i installed this contrib (latest package) and it works fine.. good work.

however im running the graphical borders mod and i cant get rid of the standard header column that says featured products.

This results in having Featured Products written twice across the top of the box!

can anyone offer some advice or have a go for me..

thanks.

Hi

The code that display the title of the module is this:

$num ++; if ($num == 1) { new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents); }

replace this code by the next:

$num ++; if ($num == 1) { // new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents); 
}

this hide the title of module

take care dont repeat the last } or comment it

this mus be in the next line

Regards

Ok, this is a really dumb question but here it goes. I installed the contribution and there are no errors. However, I can only get it to display on the right or left columns not in the center area. Any guidance on how to do that would be appreciated

Hi

If all installation is correct then try go to admin and in Configuration menu see a new submenu called Featured

click on Featured submenu and then edit "Display featured products" to set to true

Or see in catalog/index.php

if this lines are:

<tr>
<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
</tr>

appear about line 120 and about line 318, before lines:

<tr>
		<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
	  </tr>

• 1 month later...

Hi-

I am getting the error:

1146 - Table 'oscommerce_mp.featured' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from products p, featured s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id

What can i do to fix this?

Thanks,

Tracy

Hi,

Is there a way to change the number of products listed in the "featured products list". By default it seems to be set at 9 (3 x3).

I have changed the columns to 2 products per line and now I have 6 items listed so it seems it has been set to 3 rows. Is it possible to change this anywhere?

Thnaks,

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone had asked how to get the featured items to show up in one column.

Worked it out altered the code

}	
$col ++;
if ($col > 2) {
  $col = 0;
  $row ++;
}

to:

}	
$row ++;
if ($col > 2) {
  $col = 0;
  $row ++;
}

That worked perfectly for me, thanks! If I wanted to change it to two columns, what might I do?

• 2 weeks later...

I must be stupid.

Have installed this contrib and it seems to work fine. On each categories page I get a featured products box of just features from that category etc. However I was expecting (perhaps incorrectly) that this would also replace or appear above/below the new products box on the index page. Would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction of whatever code I need to edit?

Many thanks in advance

Help! I added the Featured Products, and it works GREAT!! -- except that my product descriptions are missing!!

When I click on a category (that has an item in it), the page for the subcategories comes up.

I then click on the subcategory link, and there is nothing showing even though there really are items loaded in there.

I can only view my Featured Product items because when I click on them, they go to their product description page.

Any thoughts where I went wrong??? Thanks so much!!

Help! I added the Featured Products, and it works GREAT!! -- except that my product descriptions are missing!!

When I click on a category (that has an item in it), the page for the subcategories comes up.

I then click on the subcategory link, and there is nothing showing even though there really are items loaded in there.

I can only view my Featured Product items because when I click on them, they go to their product description page.

Any thoughts where I went wrong??? Thanks so much!!

Ah ha!! I had replaced the instance of FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING as well with the new feature text. Yea!!!

Hello, I hva installed this contrib and its great! But looks not so great!

Is there a way to get this to look like the new product page that comes up when you click on a product category? not like the new product list.

I have the same problem as Nefertiti. I am using SPPC 4.15 to and you can´t see any featured Productson the start side.

And I have the Problem in the admin Panel. When I will insert a featured product I got following mistake:

Product:	  1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_name' in 'field list'

select distinct customers_group_name, customers_group_id from customers order by customers_group_id

[TEP STOP]

Any Ideas??? Please Help

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

not sure where to post this so gonna start here. I just installed HEADER TAGS contribution which appears to be working perfect first time (thank god - it took over an hour to do!). However in my admin page when I now go to featured products I get the following error message:

1146 - Table 'db196522168.TABLE_FEATURED' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from products p, TABLE_FEATURED s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id

Featured products are still on the site itself, so my guess is that the header tags install has somehow cocked up the admin page. Could someone please point me in the direction of the right code to edit?? Or which bit of the featured products install I can just repeat to get it back?

THanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I changed the query to this, and you can use the product decription

$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

if you are going to use the product description, this will save the the extra queries to the database to get the product description.

This is how I used my product description, truncated

osc_trunc_string(strip_tags($new_products['products_description']))

This is how I used my product name

$new_products['products_name']

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just Installed latest version of featured product .

www.zeeshop.co.uk

Every thing seems working as it supposed to be, but I am getting Error in SSL pages.

When someone click my account or open any ssl page it comes up with this warning "This page contain both secure and non secure itme, do you want to display non secure items?"

This warning started comming after I installed this contribution.

Can Some one please advise me what is a reason for this and where I have to make changes to fix this problem.

please help!!

regards

zee

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

just installed the latest complete package version and I have an error message in place of the page where I add the featured products.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/sites/www.jewelleryfountain.co.uk/public_html/jewelry/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/sites/www.jewelleryfountain.co.uk/public_html/jewelry/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

Does this mean I have added it to the wrong database? Or that theres a probem with my code - yet I havent edited this part of the file...

Confused....

Please help

As said I have to install for SPPC Version 1.56. I have three customer groups with different prices but at featured product only the retail price is shown and not the different prices from the other categories.

I am using SPPC 4.15

any Ideas?

Hello.

I've just installed the latest version of osC and STS 4.5.2. I have tried twice to install featured products to no avail. Is there something I am missing? I usually competent at installing contribs, but some of the instructions for installing FP don't exist in the files I have.

TIA for any help.

--rd

Hello.

I've just installed the latest version of osC and STS 4.5.2. I have tried twice to install featured products to no avail. Is there something I am missing? I usually competent at installing contribs, but some of the instructions for installing FP don't exist in the files I have.

TIA for any help.

--rd

Think I figured it out, skipped steps 15 in the install.

I must be stupid.

Have installed this contrib and it seems to work fine. On each categories page I get a featured products box of just features from that category etc. However I was expecting (perhaps incorrectly) that this would also replace or appear above/below the new products box on the index page. Would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction of whatever code I need to edit?

Many thanks in advance

To remove the New Products BOx I edited the following code on catalog/index.php around line 313:

<tr>
  <td><?php //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
</tr>

Just add the // infront of include and it will be gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this installed and working really well. I want it to work with the 'short description' contribution (also working - Short Description Contribution).

I have changed the "/includes/modules.featured.php" to show the following code:

<!-- featured_products //-->
<?php
if(FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY == 'true')
{
 $featured_products_category_id = $new_products_category_id;
 $cat_name_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' limit 1");
 $cat_name_fetch = tep_db_fetch_array($cat_name_query);
 $cat_name = $cat_name_fetch['categories_name'];
 $info_box_contents = array();

if ( (!isset($featured_products_category_id)) || ($featured_products_category_id == '0') ) {
$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => '<a class="headerNavigation" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' . TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a>');

list($usec, $sec) = explode(' ', microtime());
 srand( (float) $sec + ((float) $usec * 100000) );
 $mtm= rand();

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand($mtm) DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS);
 } else {
$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY, $cat_name));
$subcategories_array = array();
tep_get_subcategories($subcategories_array, $featured_products_category_id);
$featured_products_category_id_list = tep_array_values_to_string($subcategories_array);
if ($featured_products_category_id_list == '') {
  $featured_products_category_id_list .= $featured_products_category_id;
} else {
  $featured_products_category_id_list .= ',' . $featured_products_category_id;
}
$featured_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c using(products_id) left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c using(categories_id) left join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where c.parent_id = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand() DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS);
}

$row = 0;
 $col = 0; 
 $num = 0;
 while ($featured_products = tep_db_fetch_array($featured_products_query)) {
$num ++; if ($num == 1) { new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents); }
$featured_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($featured_products['products_id']);
if($featured_products['specstat']) {
  $info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
									   'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',
									   // 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products['products_image'], $featured_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . $featured_products['products_name'] . '</a><br><s>' . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br><span class="productSpecialPrice">' . 
									   'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products['products_image'], $featured_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '"><b>' . $featured_products['products_name'] . '</b></a><br><br><div align=left>' . strip_tags($description['products_description']) . '</div><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $featured_products["products_id"]). '">' . DESCR_READ_MORE . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('cart_buy.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a><br><b>' . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</b>');
									   $currencies->display_price($featured_products['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
} else {
  $info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
									   'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',
									   //'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products['products_image'], $featured_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . $featured_products['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])));
									   'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products['products_image'], $featured_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '"><b>' . $featured_products['products_name'] . '</b></a><br><br><div align=left>' . strip_tags($description['products_description']) . '</div><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $featured_products["products_id"]). '">' . DESCR_READ_MORE . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('cart_buy.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a><br><b>' . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</b>');
}	
$col ++;
if ($col > 2) {
  $col = 0;
  $row ++;
}
 }
 if($num) {

new contentBox($info_box_contents);
 }
} else // If it's disabled, then include the original New Products box
{
  // include (DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); // disable for dont show if desactive the feature module
}
?>
<!-- featured_products_eof //-->

What it is doing, however, is showing the same description for the three products I have displaying ... but the description is not from either of the three products. Presumably it is from the 'recently added' product (if it was displaying).

The same error eith description is also showing on the "/featured_products.php", but i won't post code here yet, unless anyone wants it.

You can see it here (website not complete yet) - http://www.thenaturalbeautyshop.co.uk/index.php

Pleae ignore my post above, I re-read the posts here and found what I was looking for -posted on page 4 of the threads here at "Oct 28 2006, 10:40 PM"

However, What do we do to get the description showing properly on the featured_products.php page??