• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Your Opinions would be must welcome !

Ok after many long hours and lots of learning by trial and error, Im ready for some constructive comments on my website

GotchaSomething Online Store

So go on take a look and let me know.

:-"

Many thanks to thus of you that do :thumbsup:

Laurence

Ok after many long hours and lots of learning by trial and error, Im ready for some constructive comments on my website

Many thanks to thus of you that do  :thumbsup:

Laurence

Hi Lawrence,

Good Basic Design Layout, very simple and easy to navigate...

One suggestion though, when you select a product, and then proceeds to the actual products page, your drop down option for Gift Wrap overlaps the actual product picture...you might want to place that drown somewhere else...Just my 2?

Good job though

It's interesting. When I look at this site, it's like my moniter has zoomed in on me. It's like looking at a stock osC site but all the fonts got BIGGER. Crazy.

Anyway, a very stock osC site. You need to install one of the image thumbnail contributions. I don't really think that the stock osC gray goes with the yellow, but I'm not a designer by any means. The design just looks a little cheap to me. You need to get rid of the stock osC icons throughout the site.

I do, however, like what you have done with the buttons.

Looks like you just need to spend some more time with it.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Many thanks to thus of you that do  :thumbsup:

Laurence

Your banner across the top doesn't line up with the word checkout. The banner should also extend the full size of the store from left column to the right column.

The yellow doesn't do you any favours. In my opinion you would be better with a white background and a colourful logo. I like your logo but she needs colour! It reminds me of the logo that's on another store that was posted here http://www.creationsbykate.com.au/store/index.php

Make it so your categories are on one line - change the width of the left column and/or make the font smaller.

Why have two links to oscommerce at the bottom? I'd lose the banner.

All the best with your store.

Ruth

Change the yellow. It makes me nauseous.

Change the font sizes - they are ridiculously large.

Sort out the session ID that is appearing in the URL.

Lose the "number of requests" in the footer.

Why do you need to know if I'm male or female when I create an account?

Your address and phone number should be on the "contact us" page

Add a center-store contrib and move the credit card images to the footer.

Lose the "welcome guest" rubbish on your home page - try to be a bit more imaginative with this text - it's the most important text in your entire store!

Your popup images are being chopped off at the bottom.

• 1 month later...

Well, you need to make a few more changes. It still looks like a child's coloring book to me.

At the risk of repeating myself:

Change the yellow. It is absolutely horrible.

Sort your layout out - center the store properly and add a border

Get a different logo - that one is terrible

Reduce all your font sizes.

• 8 months later...

Your images are generally nice, but a lot of the thumbnails are shrunk (or even expanded!) out of proportion. The distortion makes good images look bad, and detracts from the impression that the site makes. Your home page is too wide - my notebook is 1024px wide and it extends beyond that - other pages seem like they are different widths. Like others have said, the fonts and images on the product listing pages are way too big.

Functionally, it seems very nice - very fast, lots of links (although the shoppingstartshere.co.uk link is missing an image), and a good set of contributions. I think that if you are more careful about the design (and maybe de-emphasize the bad news bears) that it will be much more effective.

Tony

Archived