• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN with Shareasale?

I'm setting a store up which is using the Paypal IPN mayment module. The same store is also intending to use Shareasale.

Here's the problem, Shareasale requires code to be added to checkout_process.php and checkout_success.php. This isn't normally a problem if you are processing cards from your store, however, Paypal processing is done on Paypal's servers. Users are sent there before they can get to the checkout_success.php page thus never invoking the Shareasale code.

So the question is, becasue I'm not entirely sure how the Paypal IPN works, after completion of an order at Paypal is it still possible for the user to get back to OSC's checkout_success.php page with their session intact?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Based upon the sheer volume of replies with solutions au gratin I'll have to assume that NO ONE has ever been able to get the Paypal IPN and the Shareasale affiliate program to work together. Apparently it's one or the other.

I thought maybe I could just load the Shareasale data from the checkout_process.php but it requires loading of a 1x1 pixel image. And, considering checkout_process.php does not load any HTML data itself then it is impossible to load that image So Shareasale see that a transaction happened.

Argh...

It should work even so, the order processing and finalization is still done in your shop. (Its only the actual payment which is being done at paypal.

B)

Edited by toyicebear

OK, so now that the redirect from Paypal seems to be working Shareasale does now register that there was a transaction, however, it does not include a price and Order ID.

I'm wondering if the Paypal proccess takes too long do the variables that are setup for shareasale in checkout_proccess.php expire or something before getting to checkout_success.php?