• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax

Simplyeasier

http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_where.asp

Is there any reason why you have =like ?

hi, i went through the link that you sent, but i can't find any solution and don't know what to do... can i trouble you to guide me with specifics? (i'm not IT trained at all...sorry...)

As for your question on "=like", I'm not sure..but I wonder if its related to the "zone shipping contribution"?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_where.asp

Is there any reason why you have =like ?

i got the problem following :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_NEW' at line 1

select products_id, products_image, products_tax_class_id, products_price from products where products_status = '1' order by products_date_added desc limit MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_NEW

[TEP STOP]

any idea for help me fix this trouble??? :rolleyes:

and on my admin i got

I really apreciate for your help.

Thanks

wibisono

As for your question on "=like", I'm not sure..but I wonder if its related to the "zone shipping contribution"?
It should be just like (no =).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had your original error but fixed it so thanks a lot for that!

However I'm getting the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-6, 6' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from products p, products_description pd, specials s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC limit -6, 6

It is on my /specials.php page. Can anyone help me fix it?

Thanks a lot,

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

First off - this fix is actually already recorded in the contributions section and many thanks to those who recorded it - but I don't think it is a contribution - rather a tip - Secondly the same problem has arisen for 4 people in a few days and I dare say it will happen to more as hosts migrate their mySQL databases to version 4.1.xx -

Hence I post here :D

If you get an error whilst creating \ modifying your database such that thro admin you delete all entries on a particular table you will likely get this message

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

followed by something like

select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name, manufacturers_image, date_added, last_modified from manufacturers order by manufacturers_name limit -20, 20

or

select banners_id, banners_title, banners_image, banners_group, status, expires_date, expires_impressions, date_status_change, date_scheduled, date_added from banners order by banners_title, banners_group limit -20, 20

depending on which table you have deleted all records from.

To fix this

In admin/includes/classes find split_page_results.php and - BACK IT UP then find the lines

$offset = ($max_rows_per_page * ($current_page_number - 1));

$sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

change to

if ($offset < 0)

{

$offset = 0 ;

}

MySQL 4.1.xx handles negatives correctly (by forcing an error) in the code above unlike earlier versions of MySQL.

:o NOTE - I have NOT asked you to change catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php - If you have a problem on the catalog side you may want to try the same change in that file - I did and it went wrong so the change to my catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php file is a little more elaborate and I will share that here if it becomes an issue - but for now it seems people will mostly have a problem with empty files on the admin side.

hth

Charles

can you understand this error?

I have install osCommerce_XML_0_6

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/empero/public_html/IEG/shoes/admin/oscommerce_xml.php on line 68

Warning: array_filter() [function.array-filter]: The first argument should be an array in /home/empero/public_html/IEG/shoes/admin/oscommerce_xml.php on line 70

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/empero/public_html/IEG/shoes/admin/oscommerce_xml.php on line 72

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

select * from products left join products_description using(products_id) left join products_to_categories using(products_id) where language_id='1' and categories_id in ()

[TEP STOP]

when client gets login then

it shows

1054 - Unknown column 'member_level' in 'field list'

select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, member_level from customers where customers_email_address = '[email protected]'

[TEP STOP]

how can i remove this problem?

1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

igot this error in my admin panel when I try to approve edded article, I have AlstraSoft Article Manager Pro script.

Can you help me with this? plzz

Hi

First off - this fix is actually already recorded in the contributions section and many thanks to those who recorded it - but I don't think it is a contribution - rather a tip - Secondly the same problem has arisen for 4 people in a few days and I dare say it will happen to more as hosts migrate their mySQL databases to version 4.1.xx -

If you get an error whilst creating \ modifying your database such that thro admin you delete all entries on a particular table you will likely get this message

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name, manufacturers_image, date_added, last_modified from manufacturers order by manufacturers_name limit -20, 20

or

select banners_id, banners_title, banners_image, banners_group, status, expires_date, expires_impressions, date_status_change, date_scheduled, date_added from banners order by banners_title, banners_group limit -20, 20

To fix this

In admin/includes/classes find split_page_results.php and - BACK IT UP then find the lines

change to

if ($offset < 0)

{

$offset = 0 ;

}

MySQL 4.1.xx handles negatives correctly (by forcing an error) in the code above unlike earlier versions of MySQL.

:o NOTE - I have NOT asked you to change catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php - If you have a problem on the catalog side you may want to try the same change in that file - I did and it went wrong so the change to my catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php file is a little more elaborate and I will share that here if it becomes an issue - but for now it seems people will mostly have a problem with empty files on the admin side.

hth

Charles

Three years later... Still a GREAT tip!

Thanks a million, it solved my problem!

Mary

Hi all,

I have a similar problem. I have tried the fix on the first page, but unfortunately that didn't help.

The error I'm getting is as follows:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-12, 12' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from products p, products_description pd, specials s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC limit -12, 12

[TEP STOP]

Here is a link to the page in question if that helps: http://irrigationcentre.com.au/shop/specials.php

Coding isn't really my strong point, so any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

i get this in my specials page

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-6, 6' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from products p, products_description pd, specials s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC limit -6, 6

[TEP STOP]

TOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I how to do fix my page???? error!!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language' at line 1

select count(p.products_id) as total from ((products p, products_description pd, manufacturers m ) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '17'

[TEP STOP]

Well can anybody help me with these errors i got under admin then under customers?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

limit 0, 20

then I got error under catalog like this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 20' at line 1

select p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '21' order by pd.products_name limit , 20

I did that fix what was listed on 1st page that didnt fix it.

also I wanted to add in my server info for anybody so they can help me:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.24-19-server Database: MySQL 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.1

Server Date: 08/05/2008 01:27:33 Datebase Date: 08/05/2008 01:27:33

Server Up Time: 01:27:33 up 17 days, 11:16, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.3 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8

PHP Version: 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.3 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Hi

When I migrate one site which is run on old version MySQL, version 3.23, to a new MySQL vesion5.0, I got the following error. The scrip works fine the old version MySQL, but not the new one.

1054 - Unknown column 'a.authors_id' in 'on clause'

select a.articles_id from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '30' DAY)

I am new to this. Please help me here.

• 2 weeks later...

I've searched through this forum and applied the original fix, but it didn't help my problem. I hope somebody can look at this and see where I've made a mistake! Thanks so much to everybody for being so supportive.

I receive this error when trying to edit a product under admin:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'on p.products_id = ptdc.products_id, products_description pd where p.products_id' at line 1

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_free_shipping, ptdc.discount_categories_id from products p, products_to_discount_categories ptdc on p.products_id = ptdc.products_id, products_description pd where p.products_id = '145' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Hello,

Tried the "fix" but nothing helped.

Still getting this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'now(),'O:12:"shoppingcart":5:{s:8:"contents";a:1:{i:30;a:1:{s:3:

INSERT INTO TABLE_IDEAL_PAYMENTS (transaction_id, entrancecode, issuer_id, order_id, payment_status, date_last_check,cart_contents) values (0, '5d51bcac5b21016d26d2ed8788f7c6d5',0151,55, ,now(),'O:12:"shoppingcart":5:{s:8:"contents";a:1:{i:30;a:1:{s:3:"qty";s:1:"1";}}s:5:"total";d:1;s:6:"weight";d:0;s:6:"cartID";N;s:12:"content_type";s:8:"physical";}')

[TEP STOP]

This is when the user confirmes the payment.

Google search brings me nowhere but on this forum :blush:

plz help. :huh:

Hi all,

I only get this in my admin (orders) page when reviewing an invoice that has a product that has been deleted.

1 x Blue Widget Extreme Size1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and pta.products_text_attributes_id = ota.products_text_attributes_id' at line 1

select ota.*, pta.products_text_attributes_name from orders_text_attributes as ota, products_text_attributes as pta where ota.orders_id = 1890 and ota.products_id = and pta.products_text_attributes_id = ota.products_text_attributes_id

[TEP STOP]

I tried "Simplyeasier" fix but does not work for this.

Thanks for any ideas!

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have a bit different error and I get it only when my session in Admin part ends. Here it is:

File: catalog/admin/admin_account.php

When I'm not logged in (ie. login timeout) and try to access the account modification page, I get the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and g.admin_groups_id=' at line 1

select a.admin_id, a.admin_firstname, a.admin_lastname, a.admin_email_address, a.admin_created, a.admin_modified, a.admin_logdate, a.admin_lognum, g.admin_groups_name from admin a, admin_groups g where a.admin_id= and g.admin_groups_id=

[TEP STOP]

Note that when i'm logged in, so after i log in again, everything works fine.

Any ideas ?

Hi all,

I have a bit different error and I get it only when my session in Admin part ends. Here it is:

File: catalog/admin/admin_account.php

When I'm not logged in (ie. login timeout) and try to access the account modification page, I get the following error:

Note that when i'm logged in, so after i log in again, everything works fine.

Any ideas ?

I've just had this error on an oscMax install - the host server had Register Globals set to 'off' and I had incorrectly applied one of the osC Register Globals patches (I forgot to amend the admin sessions function). Once I applied the patch correctly it all works :rolleyes:

Try adding in a Register Globals fix and see what happens

Graeme

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

or

To fix this

change to

if ($offset < 0)
{
$offset = 0;
}

Change (catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php around line 67) from:

$this->sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $this->number_of_rows_per_page;

to:

$this->sql_query .= " limit " . max($offset, 0) . ", " . $this->number_of_rows_per_page;

Both on the catalog side and the admin side changing $offset to max($offset, 0) is the "official" fix.

hth

Charles

Hi,

I used your fix which worked great for one of the two errors i have, can you tell me how to fix this error, this error list below only shows up when i want to edit a product from the admin side ONLY.. No error on the catalog side???????????

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '185' and p.produ' at line 1

select p.products_name, p.products_description, p.products_url, p.products_keywords, p.products_metadescription, p.products_pagetitle, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.product_image_2, p.product_image_3, p.product_image_4, p.product_image_5, p.product_image_6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '185' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Endless thanks for this quick and effective fix - the wonders of the excellent assistance and support found in these forums always amazes me anew - I am eternally grateful to all those who take of their own time to help me find solutions to problems over the years - - Bess You All

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone i need help with this error

-Home <----error at here

-Category 1

----Sub 1

----Sub 2

-------Sub 1 <----- error at here

-------Sub 2 <----- error at here

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SELECT `manufacturers_name` FROM `manufacturers` WHERE manufacturers_id =

[TEP STOP]

can anyone help please, thanks?

Archived