osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2Checkout V2 WORKING with OSC 2.2MS2!

arm1tage

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone has problem with internet explorer, today i got a call from customer said when she tried order from website, at the last step, she clicked confirm order and got blank page.

i tried with my internet explorer, it is true i got same blank page. However, there is no blank page for firefox, opera and netscape.

Anybody has the same problem?

Thanks

sean

I have added the latest installation, followed the instructions dilegently and am getting this error message from 2co:

Parameter Error

Incorrect parameters were supplied, therefore this purchase cannot begin.

If you are attempting to purchase from a web site please contact the web site so that they can correct the error.

I am passing:

/2co/buyer/purchase?TCOID=11f2e75f3b6567318985e7a212131600.....(truncated)

I did not upload items to the 2co database as we have over 2000 and are still adding, I did comment out the lines in pm2checkout.php as the instructions indicated.  Any ideas?  I would like to go live with the site on Monday.

Thanks for any insight.

glw

I came here to solve a similar problem.

In my case the error and possibly the cause may be different but they seem related enough to make the connection.

The error I got was:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www2.2checkout.com:80/2co/buyer/pur...d+by+Mulapra.... (and goes on to include the whole product description)

The following error was encountered:

? Invalid URL

Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:

? Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)

? Missing hostname

? Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path

? Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

Generated Fri, 06 May 2005 15:37:55 GMT by tw-proxy-02.2checkout.com (squid/2.5.STABLE7)

The url of the page my cart sent me to on 2checkout is the same as the one identified in the URL in the Error message.

The obvious problem is that it is trying to send the whole description in the URL.

It doesn't always happen. I am getting sales. I hit the back key and tried again and it worked fine.

There are two unique factors to this purchase.

1. I went to My Account and edited my address and then continued with checkout.

2. This product has an unusually long product description.

My cart:

Has product description in product listing installed but I don't see how that has anything to do with it.

My pm2checkout is from contribution 904, version is 3 Apr 2005 - Added Suburb 2.1a

I do not list my products in 2checkout.com

My guess at the moment is that somewhere in all the many settings on my cart and at 2checkout that I have something set incorrectly for my situation. For one thing there is no need for me to pass any product information whatsoever because it doesn't show up in 2co anyway since I am not adding my products to 2co. But I can't find what to change and where.

Perhaps we need a version that doesn't pass along product information or a way to turn that off.

What is the point of that anyway? Why put all your products in 2Checkout? What is the benefit?

If anyone has any clues please reply.

Thanks

Edward

I have moved on from oscommerce to magento and no longer monitoring this site.

I have added the latest installation, followed the instructions dilegently and am getting this error message from 2co:

Parameter Error

Incorrect parameters were supplied, therefore this purchase cannot begin.

If you are attempting to purchase from a web site please contact the web site so that they can correct the error.

I am passing....

Thanks for any insight.

glw

I don't think it's your code. I had the same problem, then went to the 2checkout.com website to figure it out. Their own demo generates the same error. I have not been able to get a hold of a human being at 2checkout.com to figure out what' s going on yet...

2checkout.com demo store:

http://www.acmeonlinebooks.com/

hi, kinda new to this 2Checkout module, just wondering if there is a test account I can use to test the integration between osCommerce and 2Checkout?

I remember in the previous version, I could simulate a payment using a test account and test credit card number.

Now after installing the new 2Checkout contribution, I don't seem to be able to do it and I get the "Parameter Error" page as well. Sending an email to 2Checkout does not seem to help.

Anyone, pls?

THanks

hi, kinda new to this 2Checkout module, just wondering if there is a test account I can use to test the integration between osCommerce and 2Checkout?

I remember in the previous version, I could simulate a payment using a test account and test credit card number.

Now after installing the new 2Checkout contribution, I don't seem to be able to do it and I get the "Parameter Error" page as well. Sending an email to 2Checkout does not seem to help.

Anyone, pls?

THanks

If on your account settings in 2checkout you put it in test mode, I know its there but don't recall where, then you can test using fake credit card numbers. There are a few types of fake numbers that don't work. I think anything beginng with 5 and also 12345667 etc doesn't work. I'm not sure if in your osc 2checkout mod you need to select test or not.

My orders are not passing through back to the admin in the pending section after paying with 2checkout.com what is the reason and fix for this?

TIA,

John

--

John Cannon

If on your account settings in 2checkout you put it in test mode, I know its there but don't recall where, then you can test using fake credit card numbers. There are a few types of fake numbers that don't work. I think anything beginng with 5 and also 12345667 etc doesn't work. I'm not sure if in your osc 2checkout mod you need to select test or not.

Hi, I tried this. In the admin settings when I choose to use 2Checkout, I set Transaction Mode to "True". The login / store number defaults to 18157. Is this the right one to use?

What does the check hash and secret word do?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I tried this. In the admin settings when I choose to use 2Checkout, I set Transaction Mode to "True". The login / store number defaults to 18157. Is this the right one to use?

What does the check hash and secret word do?

Thanks in advance.

The store number should be your store number.

The hash a secret word is a sort of encryption. If you check hash you have to put the same secret word as you use in your 2checkout settings where you would indicate to use hash in 2checkout. I don't know if it will work without it or not; I use it.

The store number should be your store number.

The hash a secret word is a sort of encryption. If you check hash you have to put the same secret word as you use in your 2checkout settings where you would indicate to use hash in 2checkout. I don't know if it will work without it or not; I use it.

Thanks Dhananjaya, if I don't have a 2Checkout account yet, does it mean I won't be able to test it then?

I was hoping I could give it a test run before signing up.

Thanks Dhananjaya, if I don't have a 2Checkout account yet, does it mean I won't be able to test it then?

I was hoping I could give it a test run before signing up.

I don't know for sure. Maybe you can test with the default code that was in there, but I doubt it.

thats what it appears to be, its great to have some solution but forcing cookies will result in lost sales

im looking into other merch. accts

Just to clear this up....

Neither this module, nor 2checkout.com, nor 2checkout.com V2 require cookies! :D

Everything works fine with force cookies set to false in oscommerce and with the customers browser set to dissallow cookies.

I just tested it twice with two real live orders on my own site. :thumbsup:

That being said, there are still other problems with long product descriptions being transfered by this module in the url and causing purchase failures. So far I have solved the problem by shortening my product descriptions on the products that fail the orders. I would prefer not to send the product information to 2checkout and would really appreciate some clues as to how to turn that bit of code off in the module.

Neither this module, nor 2checkout.com, nor 2checkout.com V2 require cookies! :D

Everything works fine with force cookies set to false in oscommerce and with the customers browser set to dissallow cookies.

That being said, there are still other problems with long product descriptions being transfered by this module in the url and causing purchase failures. So far I have solved the problem by shortening my product descriptions on the products that fail the orders. I would prefer not to send the product information to 2checkout and would really appreciate some clues as to how to turn that bit of code off in the module.

Can i ask you....How do you create a valid product list download from your osc, which can then be uploaded to 2checkout?

Thanks,

Steve

Neither this module, nor 2checkout.com, nor 2checkout.com V2 require cookies!

:blush:

Sorry for the mis-information or incomplete information.

There is one little catch I didn't pick up on right away.

That is, 2checkout.com definitely takes the money and sends you and the customer your emails, but the products do still stay in the customers shopping cart and the order does not show up in the customers orders.

The problem is in the autoreturn function which apparently depends on the cookie to match the customer up with their account and pending sale. What happens to a customer who has cookies dissabled is it returns them to the site ok but to the login screen instead of checkout_success.php. For customers with cookies enabled the return works fine, and the order completes fine, that is assuming your site is configured properly, e.g. you have a dedicated SSL for your domain etc.

This was of course a problem with the previous versions of 2checkout modules and there are solutions. My favorite solution is master password. When I get an email from 2checkout that I got a sale but there is no order in my system I just look up the customer and login into his account using master password and finish his sale by temporarily activating COD payment module which I have reworded the text to say "Payment Received" so the customer doesn't see COD on his order process.

There is a contribution called held orders which may deal with this better.

Personally I'm keeping my force cookies on. It is very common in ecommerce now and I'm not worried I'm losing sales. If I change my mind then I will just have to login to a customer account here and there to complete their order.

Can i ask you....How do you create a valid product list download from your osc, which can then be uploaded to 2checkout?

Thanks,

Steve

I haven't a clue.

But I am curious as to why you would want to do it.

Thanks to an inspired tip from a member (IlColosso), the 2Checkout V2 problem has been solved. The oscid session generated in the URL was preventing the passback parameters from getting back to osc. The solution is to force cookies, however this does not work on sites with shared-SSL certs.

The demo mode bug has also been fixed, and I have updated the installation instructions. Hopefully it will be easier to get working now.

Download the updated contrib at: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,904

Please reply here if it works or doesn't work. Thanks!

I installed the Mod 904, (2checkout v2.1a) and all seems to be working except the passbacks. I can make a purchase and go all the way to 2checkout confirmation - the transaction works because i get their email, etc. However, the page on 2co stays there. I have updated the return pages in "Look and feel" just nothing is happening. Needless to say no information is being updated in osc.

any ideas?

Edited by gtd_ny

I installed the Mod 904, (2checkout v2.1a) and all seems to be working except the passbacks. I can make a purchase and go all the way to 2checkout confirmation - the transaction works because i get their email, etc. However, the page on 2co stays there. I have updated the return pages in "Look and feel" just nothing is happening. Needless to say no information is being updated in osc.

any ideas?

I dropped 2checkout and would not recommend them.

They broke my site with V2 without any warning.

They handled this V2 very badly...whats next?