• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2Checkout V2 WORKING with OSC 2.2MS2!

arm1tage

Hi everybody... first of thanks to arm for working so hard on this, it's a pain!!

Anyways, my 2checkout (version 1) is working just fine. So what i tried to do is use the new v2 pm2checkout.php file instead of the old one (just uploaded and replaced)

Is this possible? If not, can anyone provide me with the parameters I need to add in my old pm2checkout.php file?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks...

Edited by JERRY JULIANO

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody have a good reason to continue using 2CO for credit card processing?

1) Paypal is not available in every country of the world and in most of them, they require an US bank account.

2) Paypal has closed thousands of accounts keeping the money in them without giving explanations. 2Checkout can do it of course, but there is not a story of that yet...

3) If a buyer claims to you, Paypal will always be on the buyer side, even if you have proofs.

I installed the contribution and for all intents and purposes, everything seems to be working correctly, however there are a couple of things that I'd like to change:

* The first is simple. Instead of having "2checkout" show in the payment methods section, I'd like for this section to read "Credit/Debit Card". Where do I change this?

*The method to mark orders as shipped is con-vo-lu-ted! So far, it seems that I locate orders that need to be shipped (why can't this show the customer's name like it used to?), check the box, choose the shipping method and then....take out the "Not Yet Shipped" text out of the tracking box? It doesn't seem to matter if I put in a tracking number, any type of text (I've been typing "shipped") or just leaving a single blank space. Is this the correct method?

*Sooo, the customer chooses the shipping method and clicks the continue button (preliminary click). They're taken to 2checkout where they "Save and Submit"(1st click). They fill in the credit card info, and click submit again (2nd click). They are then presented with a button toward the top of the page that says something like "Click here to notify our supplier that your order was successful" - very very confusing text to a customer who I bet won't even see that button (3rd click). They're then redirected to my oscommerce where I have that final "continue" button for them to click. It seems that now this button doesn't do me or the customer any good. Can I get rid of this last oscommerce page? Can I change any of the text that's presented during checkout?

New problem with 2checkout!!! :angry:

Ok:

1-a customer is in the checkout_confirmation page, and next when he arrive in the 2checkout...... surprise a "impossible to see this page"....the "https://www2.2checkout.com/2co/buyer/purchase" doesn't exist..... next an update (or F5)= appear a "error prameter".......

BUT

If the customer make the operation twice....

checkout_confimation ---> .../purchase all is good.....

I'm using the V2 since 15 days and all it was ok but since two days I have this problem.... without make any change in the site...so somebody has an idea?

Clems

I dont want to install easy populate just to get a one time database product file. I tried to amend the database created by my froogle contribution, but unfortunately it takes the 'product id' and 2co seems to be demanding the 'model id' Is there any solution to this ? Is anyone working on anything that will provide the needed 2co database file to upload products ?

I would absolutely love to toast 2co and go just with Paypal, but I am concerned about the perception from the customers side as mentioned in this forum.

I have installed the V2 payment module (8 Jan 2004 release - CVV v.1.24 for MS2)

and everything APPEARS to work fine in both test mode and in Production Mode EXCEPT - while the orders are being processed properly by 2Checkout, they are not appearing at all in the orders list at the administration side of OSCommerce.

I am using a dedicated SSL Cert, and in 2Checkout's management console my passback URL is set as

https://www.mysite.com/checkout_success.php

Any ideas why this is happening? I did check the SSL error logs and see that these errors appear at checkout processing time.

force cookies is on and cache is off.

[Mon Apr 11 16:20:40 2005] [error] mod_gzip: EMPTY FILE [/tmp/_7906_4865_4766.wrk] in sendfile2

[Mon Apr 11 16:20:40 2005] [error] mod_gzip: Make sure all named directories exist and have the correct permissions.

[Mon Apr 11 16:20:40 2005] [error] mod_ssl: Cannot open SSLSessionCache DBM file `/usr/local/psa/apache/logs/ssl_scache' for scanning (System error follows)

[Mon Apr 11 16:20:40 2005] [error] System: No such file or directory (errno: 2)

[Mon Apr 11 16:20:40 2005] [error] mod_ssl: Cannot open SSLSessionCache DBM file `/usr/local/psa/apache/logs/ssl_scache' for reading (fetch) (System error follows)

[Mon Apr 11 16:20:40 2005] [error] mod_ssl: Cannot open SSLSessionCache DBM file `/usr/local/psa/apache/logs/ssl_scache' for writing (store) (System error follows)

Anyone have any idea if these could these be at the root of the problem?

Edited by xarga

i've talked it over with all 5 of my clients who use 2checkout, and they've all switched back to paypal.

2checkout's service through this whole transfer was horrid. it was confusing, hasn't offered any help, and they constantly write me saying that i now have to call them a "retailer" of my goods instead of a third party merchant, when in fact they are a third party merchant!

2CO SUCKS. go back to paypal people or get your own merchant account. their high fees, bad service and holding money for two weeks is not right. if you haven't come to that conclusion you have a problem. the only thing im using them for is recurring billing because i don't want to force my clients to switch to a new system and enter in their payment info yet again.

Edited by cwdmark

Boys o Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I nearly crapped myself today when someone bought something on my site, paid through 2CO...... AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the sales notification from 2CO

I got the sales notification from my site

AND...............

The stock was reported as sold and the customer's cart cleared.

Woooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just suddenly got better. I notice that my custom headers and footers have gone so 2CO have been up to some kind of mod. But who cares -

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Tim

Hi Guys

I have installed the latest 2CO contribution.

It says:

also if you are non US you can add the following lines - which will pre-populate the state

dropdown to "Outside USA and Canada".

-- right before the line -- $process_button_string = '';

$state = 'XX';

if ($order->delivery['country']['title'] == 'USA') {

$state = $order->customer['state'];

}

I implimrented this but the state box is still unpopulated. This is a real pain for customers because it is an unexpected action to have to perform.

Anyone got any helpful suggestions?

Cheers

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I installed v2.1 of the 2CO contribution and so far test mode seems to be working with one minor problem.

On the Payment Information page under 2CO radio button option, the text 'MODULE_PAYMENT_2CHECKOUT_CC_TEXT' appears.

Anybody have any idea why this is being displayed here?

George

I have added the latest installation, followed the instructions dilegently and am getting this error message from 2co:

Parameter Error

Incorrect parameters were supplied, therefore this purchase cannot begin.

If you are attempting to purchase from a web site please contact the web site so that they can correct the error.

I am passing:

/2co/buyer/purchase?TCOID=11f2e75f3b6567318985e7a212131600&c_prod_0=%2C1&c_prod_1=153-35%2C1&c_prod_2=153-10%2C1&c_prod_3=GIN+3%2C1&c_prod_4=GOKS3%2C1&c_prod_5=GTAM3%2C1&sh_cost=&x_login=308873&x_amount=435.70&x_invoice_num=20050430115213&demo=Y&fixed=Y&id_type=1&x_first_name=Greg&x_last_name=White&x_address=7360+Fairway+Circle+West+Drive&street_address2=&x_city=Indianapolis&x_state=Indiana&x_zip=46236&x_country=United+States&x_email=myemail%40healthstatus.com&x_phone=317.823.0000&x_ship_to_first_name=Greg&x_ship_to_last_name=White&x_ship_to_address=7360+Fairway+Circle+West+Drive&x_ship_to_city=Indianapolis&x_ship_to_state=Indiana&x_ship_to_zip=46236&x_ship_to_country=United+States&tco_currency=USD&pay_method=CC&x_email_merchant=TRUE&x=44&y=5

I did not upload items to the 2co database as we have over 2000 and are still adding, I did comment out the lines in pm2checkout.php as the instructions indicated. Any ideas? I would like to go live with the site on Monday.

Thanks for any insight.

glw

I installed v2.1 of the 2CO contribution and so far test mode seems to be working with one minor problem.

On the Payment Information page under 2CO radio button option, the text 'MODULE_PAYMENT_2CHECKOUT_CC_TEXT' appears.

Anybody have any idea why this is being displayed here?

I'm still not sure why this text appears (lack of php knowledge) but I fixed it by changing the following:

MODULE_PAYMENT_2CHECKOUT_CC_TEXT is set in \includes\languages\english\modules\shipping\pm2checkout.php file.

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_2CHECKOUT_CC_TEXT', ' %s%s%s%s%s%s');

//            $co_cc_txt = sprintf(MODULE_PAYMENT_2CHECKOUT_CC_TEXT, // Removed this line
           $co_cc_txt = sprintf(' %s%s%s%s%s%s',  // Replaced with this line
                               tep_image($img_visa,' Visa ','','','align=ABSMIDDLE'),
                               tep_image($img_mc,' MasterCard ','','','align=ABSMIDDLE'),
                               tep_image($img_discover,' Discover ','','','align=ABSMIDDLE'),
                               tep_image($img_amex,' American Express ','','','align=ABSMIDDLE'),
                               tep_image($img_diners,' Diners Club ','','','align=ABSMIDDLE'),
                               tep_image($img_jcb,' JCB ','','','align=ABSMIDDLE')
                               );

Maybe this will help someone else.

George

Edited by geolev

George

I'm continuing to test with 2checkout in test mode. Here is the sequence of events when I checkout:

I have a dedicated SSL certificate.

1. From the Order Confirmation page (on my site), I click the Confirm Order button. The little lock shows on my browser to show it is secure. :)

2. I'm directed off my site to the 2CO Order Details page. It even shows my logo (though it is small) on this page. So far so good. Seems pretty secure. I still see the lock. :)

3. I click on the Save and Checkout button and I am taken to the 2CO Billing Information page where I can specify the CC #. All other information about the customer is filled in. Still secure. :)

4. Enter the CC#, expiration date and the security code and click the Complete Order Now button. This brings me to the Order Processed page. Still secure. :)

5. I click on the Click Here To Finalize Your Order button. I then get a Security Warning popup that says "Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?". YIKES! What does this mean? :'(

6. If I click on the Yes button to the scary popup above, I am brought back to my site. The page on my site I am brought back to is secure. :)

This seems like an awful lot of steps but I'm willing to put up with it until I can drive enough business through my site to get a merchant account. What I can't live with is that scary popup message. Does anyone know what might be causing that to happen?

Thanks,

George

Please could you tell me what happens with 2 checkout?

Does it take you away from your site like Paypal, or do you just proicess the card details through your own site?

Paypal is turning customers away from my store because they can't be bothered to constantly fill out forms.....I even have PWA installed :(

Thanks,

Steve

Please could you tell me what happens with 2 checkout?

Does it take you away from your site like Paypal, or do you just proicess the card details through your own site?

Paypal is turning customers away from my store because they can't be bothered to constantly fill out forms.....I even have PWA installed :(

Thanks,

Steve

Oh yes, it takes you to their lovely (not) checkout page. My testing reveals 4 pages must be traversed at the 2CO site before finally being returned to your site. In my case it is 5 if you include the spooky popup Security Warning. So far know one has replied with what may be causing that.

I wish I could get this working because I kinda like the idea that I don't collect CC # on my site. I think it is more secure that way.

Good luck,

George

Edited by geolev

George

I just got a response from 2CO support concerning the Security Warning popup window I'm getting on my site.

They pointed out that it wasn't them who were generating the warning and that if I try to go to the page I have setup with them as the URL to return to, I will get the this warning even if I type it directly into my browser and not go through their site.

So I looked at catelog/cart/pm2checkout_process.php and it does a redirect to http://www.pastichefashions.com/cart/checkout_process.php. I took a shot and added a 's' to the http and it worked. No more Security Warning.

Can anybody explain this to me? Is there a better way to do this? Is this a bug? Should I not be returning to my site from 2co using the https URL?

Thanks,

George

Ok, I have signed up......Right or Wrong, i did it, But how the hell do i get the right kind of csv file with my products in?

I tried froogle feed, no good, i tried easy populate, errors...name missing blah blah....Can somebody please help.

I'm an absolute beginner with 2co.

Thanks,

Steve

does this contribution prevent the duplicate credit card information that is currently required with the 2CO module for MS2? RIght now customers have to enter their credit card into OSC and then again into 2CO.

Will try to integrate this into some sites tomorrow.

TIA,

John

--

John Cannon

does this contribution prevent the duplicate credit card information that is currently required with the 2CO module for MS2?  RIght now customers have to enter their credit card into OSC and then again into 2CO.

Will try to integrate this into some sites tomorrow.

TIA,

John

I only enter the CC info once. It all happens at the 2CO site.

George

George