osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2Checkout V2 WORKING with OSC 2.2MS2!

arm1tage

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woops! I'm glad that my 0 knowledge helped a bit to all of you and also it helped me a bit more too.

BTW I've got this from 2CO today, since I don't see anybody posting it I suppose not everyone has got it:

You are receiving this message because you previously indicated that you had converted to Version 2 and then reverted back to Version 1. It is important to note that all future payments for your account will be released from Version 2 so please ensure your Version 2 banking information is correct. The net result of sales and all other activity in Version 1 will be transfered to Version 2 and combined with any activity there for payment release.

2Co is interested if you encountered problems with the conversion or issues with Version 2 and we were unable to assist you. If you opened a ticket and we have not responded, please be patient, we are working diligently to assist all clients.

If you previously opened a support ticket and were not satisfied with the resolution please send an email to: [email protected].

Please include in the correspondence the ticket number and the reason you were unhappy with the resolution. Please Note: 2Co may not immediately respond, but will catalog common issues for potential resolutions.

I will not update the module anyway to V2, to see if this message means that for us, the problematic ones, will still be able to get the payments from V1.

I assume everybody here sees theyre unshipped orders as "0.00" in the amount, right?

Cheers.

C?sar

One small doubt. Since cookies must be forced... What will happen to buyers that have theyre explorers to block cookies? Will they be able to pay and then the order will not be registered or they won't be able to purchase at all? How can we warn our users about the cookie thing? Cos this will affect also buyers that don't have cookies on for other payments, like Paypal, and Money orders.. (in my case)

Thanks

One small doubt. Since cookies must be forced... What will happen to buyers that have theyre explorers to block cookies? Will they be able to pay and then the order will not be registered or they won't be able to purchase at all? How can we warn our users about the cookie thing? Cos this will affect also buyers that don't have cookies on for other payments, like Paypal, and Money orders.. (in my case)

Thanks

If the customer has cookies disabled they will not be able to login or purchase anything. Since almost 100% of e-commerce sites use cookies this is not a big deal and adds security vs SID. You can bet if someone has a Paypal account they will have cookies enabled.

arm, i am using the latest version

But i got an email from 2Checkout after first successful order in Version 2

We attempted to create the following product but couldn't find all the required paramters.

The following paramters are required for product creation:
c_prod
c_name
c_price
c_description

For this product: c_prod_0 = IPM-007
We received the name properly : c_name_0 = Eternity Men Perfume Oil We did NOT receive a description, it should have been sent as c_description_0 We did NOT receive a price, it should have been sent as c_price_0

I've converted to V2 and actually booked an order from a customer today. My shop passed the correct demographic and sale parameters to 2CO. 2CO passed back to my shop and the order was captured in the db.

Problem is though, I haven't yet successfully passed the product data to 2CO (c_prod, c_name, c_price, etc). I'm starting to think the problem is with 2CO. Here's the string that I am passing to them:

(Removed 'http://w' to prevent this from being a link)ww.2checkout.com/2co/buyer/purchase?TCOID=c393c306c94e930f5050f18563b086b1∏=&c_prod_0=S-6063,2&c_name_0=Girls socks - Light Blue and white stripes and flowers Size 6.5&c_price_0=2.9900&c_description_0=&c_prod_1=S-4013,1&c_name_1=White Sunflower Lace Cuffed Girls Socks Size 4 - 5.5&c_price_1=4.4900&c_description_1=&x_login=MYSID&x_amount=13.76&x_invoice_num=20050401084151&demo=Y&id_type=1&x_first_name=joe&x_last_name=schmo&x_address=377 Anywhere Dr 200&x_city=Somewhere&x_state=California&x_zip=90210&x_country=United States&[email protected]&x_phone=5555551212&x_ship_to_first_name=joe&x_ship_to_last_name=schmo&x_ship_to_address=377 Anywhere Dr &x_ship_to_city=Somewhere&x_ship_to_state=California&x_ship_to_zip=90210&x_ship_to_country=United States&x_receipt_link_url=http://www.mydomain.com/checkout_process.php&x_email_merchant=FALSE&x=43&y=19

This looks ok to me except maybe for the TCOID and I don't have the prod_desc in yet. I don't know why having the TCOID would be an issue though because I did successfully book a sale on V2 with this as the pass through.

Anyone have any thoughts / comments on why 2CO is not capturing the product?

My pm2checkout.php code is below.

Thanks,

Mark

function process_button() {
     global $HTTP_POST_VARS, $CardNumber, $order, $i; 

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) {
 $process_button_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field('c_prod_' . $i, $order->products[$i]['model'] . ',' . $order->products[$i]['qty']);
 $process_button_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field('c_name_' . $i, $order->products[$i]['name']);
 $process_button_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field('c_price_' . $i, $order->products[$i]['price']);
 $process_button_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field('c_description_' . $i, ''); // not sure how to input the description here
}

$process_button_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field('x_login', MODULE_PAYMENT_2CHECKOUT_LOGIN) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_amount', number_format($order->info['total'], 2)) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_invoice_num', date('YmdHis')) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('demo', N) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('id_type', 1) .                               
                              //tep_draw_hidden_field('x_card_num', $CardNumber) .
                              //tep_draw_hidden_field('x_exp_date', $this->cc_expires_month . $this->cc_expires_year) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_first_name', $order->customer['firstname']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_last_name', $order->customer['lastname']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_address', $order->customer['street_address']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_city', $order->customer['city']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_state', $order->customer['state']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_zip', $order->customer['postcode']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_country', $order->customer['country']['title']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_email', $order->customer['email_address']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_phone', $order->customer['telephone']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_ship_to_first_name', $order->delivery['firstname']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_ship_to_last_name', $order->delivery['lastname']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_ship_to_address', $order->delivery['street_address']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_ship_to_city', $order->delivery['city']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_ship_to_state', $order->delivery['state']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_ship_to_zip', $order->delivery['postcode']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_ship_to_country', $order->delivery['country']['title']) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_receipt_link_url', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'NONSSL')) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('x_email_merchant', MODULE_PAYMENT_2CHECKOUT_EMAIL_MERCHANT);

return $process_button_string;
   }

Mark,

You are not alone, Farrukh and I had the same problem today. Then it mysteriously went away. It's been extremely frustrating to troubleshoot.

However, some good did come of it. I've learned the c_prod and associated variables have to be passed once in a LIVE transaction so they are entered into 2CO's database, before they show up in the cart details. So for those of you that do not see the itemized list, it is because you have not had a live sale of that item yet. One way around this is to upload your inventory in a .CSV file. You can find out how to do this by logging into 2CO->Set Up Products->Upload New Products

If it is inconvenient to add the entire inventory, then it's best to comment out the c_name, c_price, and c_description lines so 2CO does not try auto product creation. This will disable itemized listing, but that is preferable to having only some items listed and others not!

On a side note, if you want to add the shipping cost line to your checkout, add this line:

$process_button_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field('sh_cost', $shipping['cost']);

right above

$process_button_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field('x_login', MODULE_PAYMENT_2CHECKOUT_LOGIN) .

Alex,

Thanks for the info on the inventory upload and how the products won't show up until they are actually in the 2CO db. I'm going to try and upload my product catalog and then test. Should I then see itemized products for the TEST transaction or are you saying that the only way to see itemized products is if the transaction is LIVE?

Mark

I have about 200 products on my catalog and I usually update them 2/3 times a week. Is there a way to export our products table to the 2CO db? I assume we must explort the table to .cvs... But I have no idea how to do it.

And if the products are being stored after a live purchase... but some will fail to show when not yet added, as this will obviously scare the customers, is there any way to override showing this items to the customers and at the same time, storing each item on the database as 2co requests?

Thanks

I have about 200 products on my catalog and I usually update them 2/3 times a week. Is there a way to export our products table to the 2CO db? I assume we must explort the table to .cvs... But I have no idea how to do it.

And if the products are being stored after a live purchase... but some will fail to show when not yet added, as this will obviously scare the customers, is there any way to override showing this items to the customers and at the same time, storing each item on the database as 2co requests?

Thanks

Only products already in 2CO's database will show up in the itemized list

on 2CO's "Order Detail" page. By default, products are auto-created in 2CO's dc

when purchased in a LIVE transaction. You want either ALL or NONE of your

products to be in the db. Otherwise if the customer buys 2 items only 1 may

be displayed.

To ENABLE an itemized cart:

Use Easy Populate to upload your products to 2CO in .CSV format.

(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500)

Then login to 2CO, and click Set Up Products->Upload New Products.

Follow the instructions and convert the product list to 2CO's format.

To DISABLE itemized cart:

in /catalog/includes/modules/payment/pm2checkout.php:

comment out lines with c_name, c_price, and c_description parameters.

New pm2checkout v2.1 available. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,904

This release adds most of the needed functionality like product description and shipping cost. Some image files have been added to look nice like Paypal_IPN so make sure to update all your files.

The install.txt file says c_description is blank, but that is wrong so please ignore known issue #2!

Changes:

-shipping cost is passed to 2CO

-changed 'price' variable to 'final_price'

-c_description is passed properly, minues HTML tags. Length under 255 chars goes into short description, 255+ goes into long description.

-added credit card logos on checkout a'la Paypal IPN

-added instructions on enabling/disabling itemized cart

KNOWN ISSUES:

1. 'Force Cookie Use' required. Sites using a shared-SSL cert will not work.

Most problems with the contrib are due to cookies not being set up properly.

I do not know of any workaround for this.

2. Although the c_prod and related parameters enable auto product creation

on 2CO, currently c_description fields are blank. I plan to add this in the

future. [edit: WRONG! It's already added!]

3. Tangible goods must be set to YES or NO. Mixed tangible/intangible carts

are not supported, although integration with a downloadable items contrib

is certainly possible.

4. Only products already in 2CO's database will show up in the itemized list

on 2CO's "Order Detail" page. By default, products are auto-created in 2CO's dc

when purchased in a LIVE transaction. You want either ALL or NONE of your

products to be in the db. Otherwise if the customer buys 2 items only 1 may

be displayed. Details below.

Let me see if I've got it. If I do comment out those... The items will pass to the DB one by one but they won't show to customer... or they will not pass and I'll still need to upload using easy populate? Isn't against 2CO requirements to comment it out?

And finally... what does exactly mean comment out? to delete the lines?

Sorry for so many stupidity.

ok here i go,

If i download that update pm2checkout v2.1, everything should for V2? I also have a Shared SSL, what do i have to do to make this thing work? lol I am sorry i have been freaking out for the past few days on this...

And i just wish someone will help me out.

Is there anything els i need to know or do?

IlColosso: if you comment out the 3 lines then the product info to enabled the itemized cart will not be passed to 2CO. Only the product name is passed, which is required by 2CO's new rules. You can comment out by adding // to the beginning of each line, or just delete it.

k2chris1983: if you have a shared-SSL site you will have to use the non-SSL instructions effectively dsiabling yor SSL, otherwise force cookie use will not work. try it and let me know how it goes.

IlColosso: if you comment out the 3 lines then the product info to enabled the itemized cart will not be passed to 2CO. Only the product name is passed, which is required by 2CO's new rules. You can comment out by adding // to the beginning of each line, or just delete it.

k2chris1983: if you have a shared-SSL site you will have to use the non-SSL instructions  effectively dsiabling yor SSL, otherwise force cookie use will not work. try it and let me know how it goes.

I download the pm2checkout v2.1a, install that then enable the Corce Cookies. When i try to do a somewhat Test, it came back saying cookies where not enable which they where. So i disable the Force Cookie, and so far things seem to work i guess.. lol I got to the 2CO where you put the Credit Card info and it had the Products.

I download the pm2checkout v2.1a, install that then enable the Corce Cookies. When i try to do a somewhat Test, it came back saying cookies where not enable which they where. So i disable the Force Cookie, and so far things seem to work i guess.. lol I got to the 2CO where you put the Credit Card info and it had the Products.

If you disable force cookies, 2co will not pass back the order to osc when the customer has cookies disabled. So you will get a payment, but you won't know what it's for!

I posted this in another thread - but no response

What are the pros /cons on itemized cart or no itemized cart? I want to get it right so that 2co v2 accepts it. I dont care if I receive a receipt from 2co listing the items. On the same token, I dont want to have to go through updating my product list in 2co everytime I add an item - I have over 3000 items now. Which is the best way to go ?

I used the froogle contribution for uploading the inventory - but I just realized after testing that froogle takes the products_id and 2co is looking for the products_model..... what would be the best way of getting around this?

Ok, this are my first impressions...:

After 5 or 6 sales made in this days, some of 3/4 products, only 1 has passed to 2checkout. But I don't have an idea on why, since this item is a base copy of some others that were also purchased but with a small difference on the product model according to OSC. I can't determine why some where added and why some not.

I have not used the force cookies thing, as I prefer to take orders from users who don't have them available, than to loose sales... but could this be the problem? I suppose this has nothing to be with passing the parameters...

All of you are not receiving any 2CO error e-mail?

If you disable force cookies, 2co will not pass back the order to osc when the customer has cookies disabled. So you will get a payment, but you won't know what it's for!

You can always get to your PHP My Admin, look for the customer id and customers basket. The order details will be probably there. Then you gotta identify the item number on your store (simply editing a link) and you may probably need to identify the option, you will see apart of it a variable of numbers... that is linked to the options you may have seted up. Sorry, it's hard to explain for me, but if you are smart you'll figure out.

So i have to enable Force Cookies, so that 2co will get the order??? But when that comes up, You have to Enable Cookies, i did what it say to do.. But didn't Work at all.. So ???

Considering the fact that 2CO seems to be making it as difficult as possible to use 3rd party shopping carts with their services, and considering that PayPal will now process a credit card without requiring the purchaser to open/have a PayPal account...

Does anybody have a good reason to continue using 2CO for credit card processing?

I've spent hours over the past week trying to get my store up to 2CO's ever-changing list of requirement, and I'm friggin' tired of it. They're making this too hard, and I don't have time for it.

So I'm honestly interested - any good reason NOT to use PayPal to process CC's?

So I'm honestly interested - any good reason NOT to use PayPal to process CC's?

I sell RC Electric Items, and on one of the main forum boards, there was a huge discussion thread about sites that offered credit card options, vs. just offering paypal. The consensus was, that people don't trust Paypal, and they feel better using a credit card processer. I used 2checkout cause it was the cheapest, and dinged me the least out of all the other services out there.

Thing is, it's basically Paypal, without the Paypal name at the end of the day.

Guess this is what people perceive, cause my sales went up 50% once I offered the 2checkout option.

I would prefer to do without it, considering all the hassles that we've been encountering, and perhaps what other 3rd party shopping cart users are going through as well. I find 2checkout's interface very annoying, and very un-user friendly as well.

Thing is, I guess you get what you pay for, but if someone else comes up with another option, I'm all ears.

Now I get a error email everytime a new entry is made to the data base, and HUGE KUDOS to all the guys who have spent countless time on getting these mods going for us. I'm not a programmer, and I definatly appreciate and acknowledge all the hard work everyone has done. Thanks again guys.

Geof.