• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Putting back new products box

FSUddin

Hi,

When I first started modding my site, i removed the new products box. I have since added Wolfen's featured items. Basically, I want to put back my new items box that appears on the front page of my store in default oscommerce. Pasting the code:

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

</tr>

into the catalog/lang/english/index.php makes the box appear above the header, i.e. above where my company banner is.

Also, if I paste the above code as is, I have to paste it outside of the last ?>.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my site: My Webpage

That code doesn't belong in catalog/lang/english/index.php, it belongs to catalog/index.php.

If the code was deleted rather than commented out. Then compare your current file to a fresh copy.

You can just paste that code into the catalog/includes/header.php if that is where your banner is and you should be able to paste it where ever you want as long as you keep it inside the php like <?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

I put a featured box and sales box there works fine by just pasting the code for it so there shouldn't be a problem with puting the larger new products up there, other than it can take up a whole lot of room because the code you pasted is for the large whats new for the month of code, and not just a box with only one item.

Edited by wendyjames

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

thanks guys for the help.

I figured it out...looks like the code did indeed go into catalog/index. When I added Wolfens featured sets, I deleted some important code for the new products box. i just fixed it and everything is ok now.

Thanks again.

Ok, this is my last post of the day. LOL I thought you WANTED it to go into the header and was unsure how to do it. I am sorry. Glad someone else posted so you could figure it out.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.