• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Session Id's

AJRYAN

I have noticed that after installing SEO URL (which is a fabulous mod, BTW) that multiple session id's are being generated. I've posted this on another thread and have yet to receive any response, so I thought I would try here.

This may be purely coincidental and may have been happening prior to the install, so I was hoping I could get some feedback from other users of the mod.

If a customer comes to my site and session id's are generated, and the customer clicks on a link, then uses the back button on their browser, another session id is generated. Has anyone else noticed this with or without this mod?

I am anxious for a solution so any input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

• 1 month later...
I have noticed that after installing SEO URL (which is a fabulous mod, BTW) that multiple session id's are being generated.  I've posted this on another thread and have yet to receive any response, so I thought I would try here. 

This may be purely coincidental and may have been happening prior to the install, so I was hoping I could get some feedback from other users of the mod.

If a customer comes to my site and session id's are generated, and the customer clicks on a link, then uses the back button on their browser, another session id is generated.  Has anyone else noticed this with or without this mod?

I am anxious for a solution so any input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

I just noticed that this is happening on my site as well. It showed up on the "Who's Online" contribution by listing the same IP several times - each is a different session ID. I assume this is happening when a customer uses the back button but not sure why. I'm going to post this question on the Ultimate SEO URL's thread and see if they have a solution...

Brian Neuman

I just noticed that this is happening on my site as well.  It showed up on the "Who's Online" contribution by listing the same IP several times - each is a different session ID.  I assume this is happening when a customer uses the back button but not sure why.  I'm going to post this question on the Ultimate SEO URL's thread and see if they have a solution...

I figured this out for my site, anyway. My "Home" link in the breadcrumb was composed without using a tep_href_link...this is what passes the session id. You might check your breadcrumb or any other links you have added (like in the mainpage.php) to make sure you used the correct form...

Brian Neuman

I figured this out for my site, anyway.  My "Home" link in the breadcrumb was composed without using a tep_href_link...this is what passes the session id.  You might check your breadcrumb or any other links you have added (like in the mainpage.php) to make sure you used the correct form...

Hi Brian:

My breadcrumb is like this:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">
 <tr class="headerNavigation">
   <td class="headerNavigation">  <?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>
   <td align="right" class="headerNavigation">
<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?>
<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation">
<?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?>
<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation">
<?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  | 
<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation">
<?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  | 
<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation">
<?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   
</td>
 </tr>
</table>

I didn't notice this until now, but it seems that the top (home) link is having a different ID generated altogether than the rest of the links, whether or not they use the back-button, which I can't figure out for the life of me. No doubt this is causing some of my customers problems when they are trying to order buy get sidetracked. So now I actually have two problems instead of one.

Hopefully someone will be able to figure this out. In the meantime, I guess I'll just do a file compare on the original to see what turns up.

Thanks.