• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2Checkout New Rules for sales

wcx

I know there are many differnt threads reguarding this, but nothing that I could find answering my question.......

With the new rules regarding 2checkout sales, individual items need to be identified during their checkout procedure.

I can only get my oscommerce install to transfer over a complete cart, showing the quantity of the cart, the purchase item as the cart ID number, and then the prices.

Does anyone know how to get oscommerce to transfer over the detailed cart contents to the 2checkout system? I am using the pm2checkout contribution, which if I am not mistaken, is the v2.

Help - please.

I know there are many differnt threads reguarding this, but nothing that I could find answering my question.......

With the new rules regarding 2checkout sales, individual items need to be identified during their checkout procedure.

I can only get my oscommerce install to transfer over a complete cart, showing the quantity of the cart, the purchase item as the cart ID number, and then the prices.

Does anyone know how to get oscommerce to transfer over the detailed cart contents to the 2checkout system? I am using the pm2checkout contribution, which if I am not mistaken, is the v2.

Help - please.

Yes I am waiting for the someone to figure it out as well. As I read the 2co info and I dont even know where to begin. I dont really understand why they need that info but what can you do. I really like how I received my email today and they want everything changed before the 31st!! What a load of crap.

Anyway does anyone know how to pass the product info onto 2co?

Thanks,

Jamie

I see that another addition has been added, but what OSCommerce has posted looks like babble, and they won't support.

Conspiracy theory alert!!!

More like they are trying to push people to use their shopping cart.

End Conspiracy Alert...

I concur with Tinkabell, please post if someone can figure, or is working on this. Will be very very grateful.

Geof.

I see that another addition has been added, but what OSCommerce has posted looks like babble, and they won't support.

Conspiracy theory alert!!! 

More like they are trying to push people to use their shopping cart.

End Conspiracy Alert...

I concur with Tinkabell, please post if someone can figure, or is working on this.  Will be very very grateful.

Geof.

Ya I don't think its the Credit Card companies making them do it. They just want to control things more. I don't like letting them know what products I sell the most and for what prices seems as thought thats to much info for 2co to have. Afterall it my business not theirs. I am going to work on getting my own Merchant account, its not really that hard anyway. In the mean time I hope someone can get a mod fixed up for us before the 31st, gotta love the advance notice!!

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

could you help me out and tell me where you are getting your merchant account from and how do you think transaction are going to work with it?

thanks

Bill Horton

Yes I am waiting for the someone to figure it out as well.  As I read the 2co info and I dont even know where to begin.  I dont really understand why they need that info but what can you do.  I really like how I received my email today and they want everything changed before the 31st!!  What a load of crap.

Anyway does anyone know how to pass the product info onto 2co?

Thanks,

Jamie

Bill Horton

Hi Jamie,

could you help me out and tell me where you are getting your merchant account from and how do you think transaction are going to work with it?

thanks

Bill Horton

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the delay in my response. If your located in Canada there are a few places to get them from. One of which is Moneris Solutions, you can get info at any BMO, or Royal Bank or from their web site: http://www.moneris.com

Any bank will be able to point you in the right direction, you will need a good credit rating, but you save a decent amount of cash when you have your own merchant account as long as you sell enough to justify the monthly fees that range from $30-$70 per month. I think Moneris has a new web application so your transactions will be processed right away online. You can also try Internet Secure this is who I am going through and there prices are the same as any merchant account. Plus they allow you to charge in US funds and Canadian funds, and there is a payment module for OSC so thats great. There web address is: http://www.internetsecure.com

Hope this helps,

Jamie

The new contribution doesn't change the problem, I receive the same mail.....

NEW TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR CARTS:

2CO.COM is improving the purchase process for those vendors that utilize third

party carts.  Effective March 31st 2005 EST the following 2 parameters will be

required for the processing of transactions from third party carts. These

changes will allow buyers to view information concerning your products during

the checkout process.

New Parameters:

1) c_prod or c_prod_[:digit] 

This parameter or set of parameters will contain the id(s) used to identify

which product(s) have been purchased. You can send either the

assigned_product_id given to the product upon creation in the 2CO system or

"Your Product ID", as defined by you during the product creation process. 

Examples of valid values for c_prod:

my_product_17

Note that if more than one product is purchased you must enumerate the c_prod

parameters sent, i.e. if customer bought both product "1" and product "7",

you would send two "c_prod" parameters as follows:

c_prod_1=1

c_prod_2=7

The c_prod parameter may, optionally, also contain the quantity.  To include

the quantity of each item purchased, set c_prod to the id followed by a ','

( ASCII comma ) followed by an integer which will represent the quantity.

Example:

c_prod_1=product_5,3

c_prod_2=product_3,1

Note that it is also ok to simply send multiple c_prod parameters instead:

Example for Quantity 2 of product "product_5":

c_prod_1=product_5

c_prod_2=product_5

2) id_type   

This parameter indicates which type of ids you are using in c_prod.

It should contain an integer value.

1 is defined as vendor_product_id

2 is defined as assigned_product_id

We are also offering 1 additional parameter which is NOT required:

sh_cost :  This parameter should contain shipping and handling cost, if any. 

Examples of valid values: 0.50, 5.00, 10