• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping module options

judgej

Is it possible to provide options to a customer within a single shipping method? I have not been able to find any examples of this being done.

For example, I have a 'courier' shipping method on a shop. Within that shipping, there are two options - 'economy' and 'next day'. The only difference between the two is a key in a database query, returning different costs.

So - do I need to duplicate the shipping module, creating a copy for each option, making minor changes to the duplicate? Or is there a way of using a single shipping module, and giving the customer extra options within that module?

-- Jason

PS I'm using the latest CVS code, in case that makes a difference.

Edited by judgej

I guess either my point was not clear, no-one knows, it cannot be done, or no-one cares or appears to need user options within a shipping method.

I'll assume the answer is 'no', and create multiple shipping modules instead of options.

-- JJ