osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quickly Update Product Stock

homewetbar

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I solved the first of my problems - the one with the rounding to 2 decimal places.

And I found out, why the values are stored so strange as described in my second problem.

There is a function included, so that the entry of the values depends on your country settings.

But IMHO the function is working strange.

On what country settings is the function depending?

Browser language, settings of osC admin, default language in osC?

I changed the first two (browser and admin language) and the entry of values is still only possible with a comma instead of a dot.

I learned, that the function is rewriting the values with a comma to a dot and write it into the DB.

But is it possible to disable that function (in the price field)?

All my calculations based on entering the values for the price with a dot, so I dont need this function.

And the function is causing another problem:

The values for the price are shown with dots.

But when you update the number of items in stock and update the item, the price-values with dot are written to the database as well, but the format gets screwed.

You have to rewrite the shown dots manually to comma and update then the whole thing.

Not very efficient.

Thank you in advance,

Regards

Andreas

Edited by Andreas2003

Hi there,

I am getting the following error when using this contribution:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/mp3extra/public_html/admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 205

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/mp3extra/public_html/admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 206

This just repeats itself down the page. Any ideas what is the problem ?

Even with this it seems to work fine still ?

Thanks,

Eddy

Green Template - My little addition to the community... :)

I have modified this contribution to edit the product name and added a few more columns from table 'products'.

The following code works to update the columns in table 'products' but can someone help me modify the following SQL UPDATE code to add the proper code to also update field 'products_name' from table 'products_description'? I've tried, but I can't figure out how to get it to work.

$sql = "UPDATE products SET products_quantity = '".$current_stock."', products_model = '".$items['model']."', products_price = '".$items_price."', products_weight = '".$items['weight']."', products_length = '".$items['length']."', products_width = '".$items['width']."', products_height = '".$items['height']."', manufacturers_id = '".$items['manufacturer']."', products_status = '".$items['active']."' WHERE products_id = $key";

Code that I tried, that didn't work:

$sql = "UPDATE products, products_description SET products.products_quantity = '".$current_stock."', products.products_model = '".$items['model']."', products.products_price = '".$items_price."', products.products_weight = '".$items['weight']."', products.products_length = '".$items['length']."', products.products_width = '".$items['width']."', products.products_height = '".$items['height']."', products.manufacturers_id = '".$items['manufacturer']."', products.products_status = '".$items['active']."', products_description.products_name = '".$items['name']."' WHERE products_id = $key";

here's the syntax for the SELECT query

$sql = tep_db_query("SELECT p.products_model, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_status, p.products_weight, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_price, p.manufacturers_id, pd.products_name, pd.language_id, ptc.categories_id from products p, products_to_categories ptc, products_description pd where p.products_id = ptc.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and ptc.categories_id = '" . $sel_id . "' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$lang_id . "' order by pd.products_name");

and

<tr class="dataTableRow">
	 <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="CHECKBOX" name="stock_update[<?php echo  $results['products_id'] ?>][changed]">
        <input type="HIDDEN" name="stock_update[<?php echo  $results['products_id'] ?>][ptc]" value="<?php echo $results['categories_id'] ?>"></td>
       <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo $results['products_id'] ?></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_MODELSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo  $results['products_id'] ?>][model]" value="<?php echo $results['products_model'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo $catman_select?></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="left" ><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_PRODUCTNAMESIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][name]" value="<?php echo $results['products_name'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_WEIGHTSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][weight]" value="<?php echo $results['products_weight'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_flt?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_LENGTHSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][length]" value="<?php echo $results['products_length'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_flt?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_WIDTHSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][width]" value="<?php echo $results['products_width'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_flt?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_HEIGHTSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][height]" value="<?php echo $results['products_height'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_flt?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_PRICESIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php	 echo $results['products_id'] ?>][price]" value="<?php echo number_format($results['products_price'],QUICK_STOCK_PRICEDEC,'.',','); ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_flt?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo $results['products_quantity'] ?><input type="hidden" size="4" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][oldstock]" value="<?php echo $results['products_quantity'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" width = "50px" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_STOCKSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][newstock]" value="0" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_int?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center" ><input type="radio" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][active]" value="1" <?php echo $active ?> onClick="<?php echo $doChange?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center" ><input type="radio" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][active]" value="0" <?php echo $inactive ?> onClick="<?php echo $doChange?>"></td>
       </tr>

I figured it out and it works well.

I have modified this contribution to edit the product name and added a few more columns from table 'products'.

The following code works to update the columns in table 'products' but can someone help me modify the following SQL UPDATE code to add the proper code to also update field 'products_name' from table 'products_description'? I've tried, but I can't figure out how to get it to work.

$sql = "UPDATE products SET products_quantity = '".$current_stock."', products_model = '".$items['model']."', products_price = '".$items_price."', products_weight = '".$items['weight']."', products_length = '".$items['length']."', products_width = '".$items['width']."', products_height = '".$items['height']."', manufacturers_id = '".$items['manufacturer']."', products_status = '".$items['active']."' WHERE products_id = $key";

Code that I tried, that didn't work:

$sql = "UPDATE products, products_description SET products.products_quantity = '".$current_stock."', products.products_model = '".$items['model']."', products.products_price = '".$items_price."', products.products_weight = '".$items['weight']."', products.products_length = '".$items['length']."', products.products_width = '".$items['width']."', products.products_height = '".$items['height']."', products.manufacturers_id = '".$items['manufacturer']."', products.products_status = '".$items['active']."', products_description.products_name = '".$items['name']."' WHERE products_id = $key";

here's the syntax for the SELECT query

$sql = tep_db_query("SELECT p.products_model, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_status, p.products_weight, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_price, p.manufacturers_id, pd.products_name, pd.language_id, ptc.categories_id from products p, products_to_categories ptc, products_description pd where p.products_id = ptc.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and ptc.categories_id = '" . $sel_id . "' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$lang_id . "' order by pd.products_name");

and

<tr class="dataTableRow">
	 <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="CHECKBOX" name="stock_update[<?php echo  $results['products_id'] ?>][changed]">
        <input type="HIDDEN" name="stock_update[<?php echo  $results['products_id'] ?>][ptc]" value="<?php echo $results['categories_id'] ?>"></td>
       <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo $results['products_id'] ?></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_MODELSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo  $results['products_id'] ?>][model]" value="<?php echo $results['products_model'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo $catman_select?></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="left" ><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_PRODUCTNAMESIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][name]" value="<?php echo $results['products_name'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_WEIGHTSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][weight]" value="<?php echo $results['products_weight'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_flt?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_LENGTHSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][length]" value="<?php echo $results['products_length'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_flt?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_WIDTHSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][width]" value="<?php echo $results['products_width'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_flt?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_HEIGHTSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][height]" value="<?php echo $results['products_height'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_flt?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_PRICESIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php	 echo $results['products_id'] ?>][price]" value="<?php echo number_format($results['products_price'],QUICK_STOCK_PRICEDEC,'.',','); ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_flt?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo $results['products_quantity'] ?><input type="hidden" size="4" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][oldstock]" value="<?php echo $results['products_quantity'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" width = "50px" align="center"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_STOCKSIZE ?>" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][newstock]" value="0" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_int?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center" ><input type="radio" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][active]" value="1" <?php echo $active ?> onClick="<?php echo $doChange?>"></td>
        <td class="dataTableContent" align="center" ><input type="radio" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][active]" value="0" <?php echo $inactive ?> onClick="<?php echo $doChange?>"></td>
       </tr>

Please post questions regarding the Quickly Update Product Stock contribution in this forum instead of on the contribution page.

Contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,558

A very good contribution.

However, I get a Internal Server Error (500) when trying to view certain manufacturers. (In my experience this usually means that a SQL statement is failing somewhere.) It doesn't happen on all manufacturers, and I think it may be to do with the number of products as it fails on the large manufacturers. (Those with >200 products). Anyone have a quick fix for this, or am I looking entirely in the wrong place... and the error is to do with something else.

Thanks,

-Phill.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm lovin' this contribution, thanks so much!!

This is the right tool for updating products quickly.

But I have a problem with the price update:

When I enter a category, the products will be listed.

The price is listed with 8 decimal places, which is what I need and want to have.

The correct price of a product is for example "1.00840336".

Now, I want to change the price for example to "1.26050420", so I entered that numbers to the price field.

As soon as I left the field with tab, the price is rounded with 2 decimal places and displayed "1.26".

But I still need 8 decimal places.

So, my first problem is, how to disable the function to round the price and keep 8 decimal places.

Now my second problem:

When I press the update button, the former shown price with "1.26" is updated in the database and shows up with "126.00".

So I think, here is an error with the "," or "." and the complete size of digits, the field is able to handle.

IMHO, the code line, responsible for that, is this one:

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><input type="text" size="<?php echo QUICK_STOCK_PRICESIZE ?>" style="text-align: right;" name="stock_update[<?php	 echo $results['products_id'] ?>][price]" value="<?php echo number_format($results['products_price'],QUICK_STOCK_PRICEDEC,'.',','); ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" onBlur="<?php echo $doValidate_flt?>"></td>

But I don't understand the full line of code, so I don't know what to change.

Hope I have given you enough information and hope, that someone of you experts can help me with these 2 problems.

Thanks for any help,

Regards

Andreas

PS: on my local system I have exact the same problem with the login as Jolie102003, so I'm look forward in solving that problem too.

The login appears as soon as a category is chosen, but the page appears with default settings after login again and again.

to Andreas2003

did you solve the problem with back to login panel?

Regards

jolie102003

to Andreas2003

did you solve the problem with back to login panel?

Regards

jolie102003

No, not yet.

IMHO the login problem is based on a cookie issue.

On my local server, I have some problems with cookies, on my productive site not.

The contribution works well on productive, not on the local server, so my suggestion, that the problems have to do with cookie handling.

This is the only help/hint, I can give you right now, I'm sorry.

As soon as I found out more, I write again.

No, not yet.

IMHO the login problem is based on a cookie issue.

On my local server, I have some problems with cookies, on my productive site not.

The contribution works well on productive, not on the local server, so my suggestion, that the problems have to do with cookie handling.

This is the only help/hint, I can give you right now, I'm sorry.

As soon as I found out more, I write again.

Are you sure, that it's connected with cookie?

a thought that with

1. Add "Title" tag to Category/Manufacture selector to show its category/manufacture id -

BugFix:

1. MySQL not updating if manufactures_id is not set when MySQL is configures as 'STRICT' -

<http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/558>

Brgs

Awesome Contrib!

i have a store that sells tshirts...is there a way to edit the quantity of individual attributes? for instance if i have a VanHalen shirt it comes in S, M, L, XL....total inventory might be 120 shirts but i need to be able to edit quantity of each size...im also using QTpro for the attributes...any suggestions?

thanks!

not to worry Jim... I'm doing this for myself too ;)

• 2 months later...

Hi Great contrib thanks for all the work. I get the following error

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in \admin\quick_stockupdate.php on line 205

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in admin\quick_stockupdate.php on line 206

The relevant code is below and it appears that it is the manufacturers field that's the problem, however I don't know what to do about it. I don't have any manufacturers in my shop so I guess it could be the cause.

Help any suggestions

$result = '<select name="stock_update[' .$cat_id . '][manufacturer]" onChange="changed(\'stock_update[' . $cat_id . '][changed]\');" title="'. QUICK_MANUFACTURER_ID . $default_id.'"><option value=></option>';

//This is line 205 below
reset($manufacturers_list);

//This is line 206 below
while (list($key, $value) = each ($manufacturers_list)) {
	if($default_id==$key){
	  $result .= '<option value="' . $key . '" selected="selected">' . $value . '</option>';
	} else {
	  $result .= '<option value="' . $key . '">' . $value . '</option>';
	}
}   
$result .= '</select>';
return $result;

Anyone?

I would add that everything appears to work okay however if it lists 100 products in a category I get these two errors listed 100 times on the page first. for 200 products == 200 errors 300 == 300 errors and so on a real pain.

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in \admin\quick_stockupdate.php on line 205

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in admin\quick_stockupdate.php on line 206

• 2 months later...

Oop's, that's kind of how I meant I do it. Qty = 0 = Back Order, Status = Inactive = Not listed in catalog. blush.gif

Apologies in advance if this is an inappropriate place to ask my question which deals with the number of items in the cart. The cart actually works, but the display is rather weird, it has an extra zero in it, when empty the cart displays 0 0 items They are both zero's.

When you add an item to the cart it increments correctly but displays 1 0 items, add another item and it displays 2 0 items and so on. The help I need is in which file controls this and hopefully which piece of code to modify to correct it. All help will be appreciated, thank you.

Regards Ron

• 1 month later...

Hi TropicalWebDesign,

I am facing this problem currently. Need to modify the product name and description in the quick stock updater.

Appreciate if you can post the code need to modify. I got the product name and description into the page. but unable to update.

Thank you

• 4 months later...

Hello TropicalWEbDesign,

I am facing the same problem and would like to know if you could share your solution in order to edit and update the name of the product and also the product description.

Many thank,

smalto

oscommerce 2.2 ms1 with contrib - lilibikini.com - 2005

Hello everybody,

One more question if someone could help me out with this. I would also update the Manufacturer for the product because some time I dit a miskate when I entered the product.

How to implement this since we have the drop down list of the manufacturer showing for each product but it doesn't update.

Thanks a lot,

smalto

oscommerce 2.2 ms1 with contrib - lilibikini.com - 2005

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I've installed Quick-Stock-Updater V3.8.1, but doesn't work for me, everything I do (if I change, for example, products stock) and I update, the products price change as well ( if the price is 58.47, for example, it changes to 5,847.00)and I don't know why. My currency is the € only. If someone knows how to solve it and can help me I'll be very grateful.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

If you're getting this error :

The reason is you have no manufacturers on your site set up. To get around this problem, change this code at line 205

if($default_id==$key){
		  $result .= '<option value="' . $key . '" selected="selected">' . $value . '</option>';
		} else {
		}
	}

To this

if (sizeof($manufacturers_list) > 0)
{

if($default_id==$key){
		} else {
		}
	}
}

I hope this helps, it worked on mine :D

• 2 months later...

Hi,

If you're getting this error :

The reason is you have no manufacturers on your site set up. To get around this problem, change this code at line 205

if($default_id==$key){
		} else {
		}
	}

To this

if (sizeof($manufacturers_list) > 0)
{

if($default_id==$key){
		} else {
		}
	}
}

I hope this helps, it worked on mine :D

Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry but I've red your message today I thought I didn't have any answers to my problem.

I had the the error you say and I've solved it, but my problem continues if I change for example the product's quantity and I update the product's price changes as well, as I told in my previous message.

• 1 month later...

Been trying to add the date available to the quick_stockupdate.php, I have added the date available to the sql queries, but I have run into a problem on the input box.

When I update a product qty or any update, instead of the date available staying null, it updates to 00-00-00, I don't know how to specify that if there's no change, use null. the input is pasted below

<td class="dataTableContent" align="left"><input type="text" size="20" name="stock_update[<?php echo $results['products_id'] ?>][date_available]" value="<?php echo $results['products_date_available'] ?>" onChange="<?php echo $doChange?>" /></td>

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

I'm having a problem when i'm trying to move products. Sometimes all the marked products are moved, and sometime they are not. I have not been able to find a pattern in when it dosn't work.

Anyone with an idea to what is wrong?

/Jesper

• 4 months later...

I just installed the April 8, 2012 version on osC 2.3.1 with php 5.3.10. I got the following error:

“Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in . . . admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 147”

Here is the fix:

OLD LINE:

if ( (eregi('alter ', $next)) || (eregi('update', $next)) || (eregi('create', $next)) || (eregi('insert', $next)) || (eregi('delete', $next)) || (eregi('drop t', $next)) ) {

NEW LINE:

if ( (preg_match('/alter/i ', $next)) || (preg_match('/update/i', $next)) || (preg_match('/create/i', $next)) || (preg_match('/insert/i', $next)) || (preg_match('/delete/i', $next)) || (preg_match('/drop t/i', $next)) ) {

Just replace the old line with the new line. It now seems to be working fine.

-Jerry-

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I've installed Quick-Stock-Updater V3.8.1, but doesn't work for me, everything I do (if I change, for example, products stock) and I update, the products price change as well ( if the price is 58.47, for example, it changes to 5,847.00)and I don't know why. My currency is the € only. If someone knows how to solve it and can help me I'll be very grateful.

Thanks,

I got the same problem that the price changes like 58.47 to 5,847.00 when update the stock for the item. I don't get any error message, however when I then change the price from 5,847.00 to 58.47 it updates price value correctly to 58.47. Using Quick-Stock-Updater V3.8.5

Someone have idea how to solve it?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Hi,

At last!!! I've solved the problem i had with Quick-Stock-Updater V3.8.1, and it's so simple. The problem is the unit separador we use when we define the currency, in my case the euro. The settings in currency have to be: use a dot (.) for decimals and nothing for thousands. Then, everithing works well. I hope this can help.