The e-commerce.

Quickly Update Product Stock

homewetbar

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Update: Found a bug.

When Add new stok to current stock? is set to false it will update the the stock to 0 for all items where you don't change anything: by default the stock amount field is filled with 0. Should be better if the field has the same number as the field right of it.

:)

Hey Jim,

Check out the new version (beta). It has what I think you need. Let me know if it works (and if it doesn't too ;) )

Once it is ok, I will make it into a release.

Hey Azrin,

Absolutely AMAZING!!!

Thank you so much... ;) :D :wub:

It is exactly what I was looking for and need.

So far with my testing all is working great.

I can sort by Manufacturers or Categories, change the weight, price, qty and status of products quickly.

I can change the status of my products to show "On Backorder" simply by subtracting the QTY (In Stock = 3 / New Stock = -3). I have the function of the show sold out contribution setup so when stock qty reaches zero it shows On Backorder, when I change the status to not-active it removes the product from the catalog view.

The only thing I changed was the sort order from product name to product model.

I don't really have a need for the feature of being able to change the model number or category from the page. But it might come in handy in the future if I need to re-organize my site.

I like how it displays the product ID. Would it be difficult to add the category ID next to it?

I have a PHP file that I could use to make a quick one-shot price change per category. Type in the old price and the category ID, then type in the new price. Call the file in my browser and ta-da, new prices. Right now I have to keep checking through phpmyAdmin for the category ID's. No biggy though. ;)

Thanks again!

This is GREAT

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Little Update: Found a bug.

When Add new stok to current stock? is set to false it will update the the stock to 0 for all items where you don't change anything: by default the stock amount field is filled with 0. Should be better if the field has the same number as the field right of it.

:)

Thanks, I will look in to it

Hey Azrin,

Absolutely AMAZING!!!

Thank you so much... ;) :D :wub:

It is exactly what I was looking for and need.

So far with my testing all is working great.

I can sort by Manufacturers or Categories, change the weight, price, qty and status of products quickly.

I can change the status of my products to show "On Backorder" simply by subtracting the QTY (In Stock = 3 / New Stock = -3). I have the function of the show sold out contribution setup so when stock qty reaches zero it shows On Backorder, when I change the status to not-active it removes the product from the catalog view.

The only thing I changed was the sort order from product name to product model.

I don't really have a need for the feature of being able to change the model number or category from the page. But it might come in handy in the future if I need to re-organize my site.

I like how it displays the product ID. Would it be difficult to add the category ID next to it?

I have a PHP file that I could use to make a quick one-shot price change per category. Type in the old price and the category ID, then type in the new price. Call the file in my browser and ta-da, new prices. Right now I have to keep checking through phpmyAdmin for the category ID's. No biggy though. ;)

Thanks again!

This is GREAT

I'll study this new feature... It might be good for me too..... BTW, glad to hear it works

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Azrin,

I've been having fun with your contribution. :D

I seem to have a slight glitch and I'm not sure if it was my doing or the way the code is setup.

When the quick_stockupdate.php loads in my browser, the Search by: drop down menu is already preset to - Category with an empty listing of course. In order to actually search by a Category I first have to switch it to Manufacturer, let the page reload, and then back to Category.

What I did to fix it was to add <option>Select 1st</option> as seen below.

<td class="main" align="left" width="50px">
	   <select name="filter_type" id="select" onChange="this.form.submit();">
		   <option>Select 1st</option>
		   <option value="1"<?php if($filter_type==1){echo ' selected="selected"';}?>><?php echo QUICK_CATEGORY  ?></option>
	<option value="2"<?php if($filter_type==2){echo ' selected="selected"';}?>><?php echo QUICK_MANUFACTURER?></option>
  </select>
	  </td>

If somehow I messed up the original file ignore this. :blush:

If in fact there was a glitch you might want to add that snipet of code in the file. ;)

Thanks again for a very useful contribution!

Hi Azrin,

I've been having fun with your contribution. :D

I seem to have a slight glitch and I'm not sure if it was my doing or the way the code is setup.

When the quick_stockupdate.php loads in my browser, the Search by: drop down menu is already preset to - Category with an empty listing of course. In order to actually search by a Category I first have to switch it to Manufacturer, let the page reload, and then back to Category.

What I did to fix it was to add <option>Select 1st</option> as seen below.

<td class="main" align="left" width="50px">
	   <select name="filter_type" id="select" onChange="this.form.submit();">
		   <option>Select 1st</option>
		   <option value="1"<?php if($filter_type==1){echo ' selected="selected"';}?>><?php echo QUICK_CATEGORY  ?></option>
	<option value="2"<?php if($filter_type==2){echo ' selected="selected"';}?>><?php echo QUICK_MANUFACTURER?></option>
  </select>
	  </td>

If somehow I messed up the original file ignore this. :blush:

If in fact there was a glitch you might want to add that snipet of code in the file. ;)

Thanks again for a very useful contribution!

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the update. If it works ok with you, I think it should be fine. As I've mentioned earlier, this is a beta version. I have not gone through the issues thoroughly (yet). Thank you for helping me to test the add-on. I'll add the new code to the release version - but not so soon :( (Q1 Chaos ;))

Cheers

Is it possible to add the specials price in this contribution also?

I'm thinking of doing the same too. But it would take a lot of changing to the original code (it has been rewritten twice ;)) I'm thinking of making it as an additional tag so that the code for the special pricing will be entirely different. But please do not expect this to be added in the next release. It might take some time for me to write the new code.

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the update. If it works ok with you, I think it should be fine. As I've mentioned earlier, this is a beta version. I have not gone through the issues thoroughly (yet). Thank you for helping me to test the add-on. I'll add the new code to the release version - but not so soon :( (Q1 Chaos ;) )

Cheers

Glad to help test Azrin ;)

Pretty darn good beta release! :D

I'm thinking of doing the same too. But it would take a lot of changing to the original code (it has been rewritten twice ;) ) I'm thinking of making it as an additional tag so that the code for the special pricing will be entirely different. But please do not expect this to be added in the next release. It might take some time for me to write the new code.

I was also wondering about - "What if I decide to put items on sale? Wouldn't it be neat having the ability to show or change those prices also in this contrib!" Just the other day I was contemplating adding the "Display MSRP & Savings" contrib, and again thought that would be neat to add in also.

But I also realize it's not nice to keep asking and adding a wish list to someones great contribution. Although I don't know PHP I might play with the code to see if I can add any of my wish list items to it. If not, it's already a great useful feature to have and who knows, Azrin might someday expand it's capabilities. :rolleyes:

I was also wondering about - "What if I decide to put items on sale? Wouldn't it be neat having the ability to show or change those prices also in this contrib!" Just the other day I was contemplating adding the "Display MSRP & Savings" contrib, and again thought that would be neat to add in also.

But I also realize it's not nice to keep asking and adding a wish list to someones great contribution. Although I don't know PHP I might play with the code to see if I can add any of my wish list items to it. If not, it's already a great useful feature to have and who knows, Azrin might someday expand it's capabilities. :rolleyes:

I've been doing some thinking too to all these new features. I think this is a great opportunity to create a new all-in-one add-on (almost all)- Quick Store Manager or something.... where in it we will have the original QuickStock Update, then we will introduce QuickPrice Update, QuickSale Update etc. This is an ambitious project :) - I hope I have time to do it. But I will try my best.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a bug

I'm using this configuration for Currency Localization :

Decimal point : ,

Thousand point : .

When I update the price, the price went wrong. for example original price was 10000 it shows 10,000 in quick updater.

I update the stock, leave the price as it is. when i check the store, the price is 10, back to the updater, yup it's a 10.

I dont know a thing about php. To work this out i set the decimal and thousand point back to default.

Thx for this Azrin, its great.

Edited by hanoman77

I've been doing some thinking too to all these new features. I think this is a great opportunity to create a new all-in-one add-on (almost all)- Quick Store Manager or something.... where in it we will have the original QuickStock Update, then we will introduce QuickPrice Update, QuickSale Update etc. This is an ambitious project :) - I hope I have time to do it. But I will try my best.

Hey Azrin,

Sounds like an ambitious plan alright.

I will be keeping my eye's open to any updates you might make.

I think this is one of my most favorite and certainly most useful contributions that I have added.

Let me know if you need any more beta testing, I'm game. ;)

Hey Mike,

Can you investigate and explain a little about what products refuse to update? That might help Azrin pin-point the problem.

• What version are you using?
  • Are the problem products in a sub-category? In a sub-sub-category?
  • Does it make a difference if you sort by Manufacturer or Category?
  • What part of the product update doesn't work? Name, Category, Weight, Price, Stock, Status?
  • Is the box on the bottom ticked or not? "Check to set status on each individual product based on items in stock"

I haven't run into any such problems myself, but I have only updated weight, prices and status on a hundred or so products.

Hey Mike,

Can you investigate and explain a little about what products refuse to update? That might help Azrin pin-point the problem.

• What version are you using?
  • Are the problem products in a sub-category? In a sub-sub-category?
  • Does it make a difference if you sort by Manufacturer or Category?
  • What part of the product update doesn't work? Name, Category, Weight, Price, Stock, Status?
  • Is the box on the bottom ticked or not? "Check to set status on each individual product based on items in stock"

I haven't run into any such problems myself, but I have only updated weight, prices and status on a hundred or so products.

Hi jhande,

1. I put V3.5 on both an 2.2rc2a and 2.2ms2

2.2rc2a just logs me out everytime i try to update

2.2ms2 either tells me that no products have been updated or updates like a minimal amount of them

2. My products are in the 3rd category down so cat-subcat-subsubcat-products

3. I rolled back from 3.7 to 3.5 hoping that might make a difference (apperently not)

4. I've tried updating price, stock & status

5. I've ticked the box at times, the times i've ticked it, it does onthing

So i did some experimenting on my 2.2rc2a install and found that (with v3.7) if a category contained upto 24 products, everything would be fine, if there were 25 or more, then it would log me out everytime i hit the update button.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Hey Mike,

I'm running 2.2MS2 and v3.5 w/3.7 update works flawlessly with a similar category structure.

Unfortunately I am not proficient in PHP and wouldn't have a clue where to begin.

Hopefully Azrin can figure something out with what you mentioned.

Stay tuned...

• 1 month later...
Found a bug

I'm using this configuration for Currency Localization :

Decimal point : ,

Thousand point : .

When I update the price, the price went wrong. for example original price was 10000 it shows 10,000 in quick updater.

I update the stock, leave the price as it is. when i check the store, the price is 10, back to the updater, yup it's a 10.

I dont know a thing about php. To work this out i set the decimal and thousand point back to default.

Thx for this Azrin, its great.

Ok I will look into it... but it will not be so soon.... :rolleyes:

Hi jhande,

1. I put V3.5 on both an 2.2rc2a and 2.2ms2

2.2rc2a just logs me out everytime i try to update

2.2ms2 either tells me that no products have been updated or updates like a minimal amount of them

2. My products are in the 3rd category down so cat-subcat-subsubcat-products

3. I rolled back from 3.7 to 3.5 hoping that might make a difference (apperently not)

4. I've tried updating price, stock & status

5. I've ticked the box at times, the times i've ticked it, it does onthing

So i did some experimenting on my 2.2rc2a install and found that (with v3.7) if a category contained upto 24 products, everything would be fine, if there were 25 or more, then it would log me out everytime i hit the update button.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Sorry guys, I was silent for quite sometimes.... Today I'm on leave so I had a chance to log in here :)

Mike, My products are more than 3 level deep and so far it is working ok. I'm working on a copy function so that we can further sub categorize the parts/items that I have. As for your problem, I would like to suggest that you try it on a clean OSC. Please let me know the result.

Since I seldom log in to this forum, if you have any problem, you can email me directly azrin_aris at yahoo dot com. or msn at azrin dot aris at live dot com. I will try as much as I could....

Hi,

i have the following problem

I installed v3.7 at my local testing server and works perfectly.

When i transfer my installation on the web when i try to choose anything fromthe pull down menu it just redirevts me to admin login page!!!!!!!!!

Please help me

• 2 weeks later...

Strange problem - no items updated.

If I update anything in a large category, submitting the update (after clicking "update") takes some time... and then nothing is updated, and I am back to category selection (NOT seeing the category I cose before)

Any smaller category works fine, items are updated, and then I still can see the selected category.

I guess there is some timeout - but where ?

Edited by AndreD

I'm hoping I can help clear up a few problems people seem to be having lately, but keep in mind I'm no expert! :blush:

Version 7 is NOT a complete package, it is an update. First install v3.5 15 Dec 2008, test it, and then v3.7 Beta 24 Jan 2009 both by Azin Aris.

I wouldn't think that a problem would lie when using RC2 compared with using MS2 2.2 as far as stock not updating correctly. I have successfully updated 300 products in a level 3 category. My quess would be a script time-out (as long as the installation was done properly). One place to check is in your php.ini file. This is what I have and works fine with my slow dialup -

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Resource Limits ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

memory_limit = 32M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

There might be other places to check for time-outs but I'm not proficient with that. If you are using a good hosting company you can contact them and ask why when you run an SQL script to update said amount of items in a database, only some get updated. They should be able to point you in the right direction as to where and what setting(s) need to be changed. It might even be something they can fix for you.

I know I haven't been much help but I tried! ^_^