• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Local sales without internet

Cthulhu

I'm looking for something that would allow sales to be made in store, even when internet is down.

Clients can come to the store to buy, our installation of osCommerce allows us to make sales this way. The problem is, when internet is down, there is no way to access the store and make sales in the store.

Is there something that would solve this problem?

I'm looking for something that would allow sales to be made in store, even when internet is down.

Clients can come to the store to buy, our installation of osCommerce allows us to make sales this way. The problem is, when internet is down, there is no way to access the store and make sales in the store.

Is there something that would solve this problem?

Sounds like you want a POS system that backdoors to osC? Maybe the easiest would be to bring your sites pages down locally and work on them (sell) on your local machine. I did this with a .pl program before, my only adjustments were path to perl. but you could experiment with osC (and have the work locally done). I think the main problem will be emulating your database and refreshing it when you go back live (EP?)

Good luck, KJ

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

Hi,Hi,

You have alot of ways to tacle this impass.....

1. simple one... install moctoe and/or master password..take an offline note of ur customers details and when u are online agin input it.

2. Integrate oscommerce with a local cuztomer/accounting solution..f.exs. Turbocash ...available in the contribs. section.....

3. Use a customized vertion of easypopulate to keep ur customer/order/products updated on/off line.

4. use a POS system like this , PHP Point of Sales

5. Countless other metods are available at ur fingertips, just do a search.....

:P

turbocash works well in this mode, as there have been many advancements made, and it has the accounting built in. the osCommerce plugin works great for importing all the orders, inventory, customers, you can also make changes to the inventory and then send that back up to your osCommerce store.