• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal - Buyer has to create account

kkashi

Hi,

My site was setup in a way that when paypal was invoked, the buyer had option of continuing to pay without creating a paypal account. For some reason they can not do it any more. I even reverted paypal.php to be the original osCommerce paypal.php, but still no difference.

I have setup my PayPal profile to "PayPal Account Optional" to be on, still no luck.

Any ideas of what the problem could be? I don't want my customers to go through hassle of creating PayPal account if they don't want to.

Thanks

-Kevin

If your account with Paypal is setup as a Merchant account, and you have selected at PayPal to offer this option to your customers, and your customer is in U.S. they can pay through PayPal with a credit card and will not have to have a PayPal account.

Rik Rasmussen

If your account with Paypal is setup as a Merchant account, and you have selected at PayPal to offer this option to your customers, and your customer is in U.S. they can pay through PayPal with a credit card and will not have to have a PayPal account.

Same thing is now available in the UK as well! :thumbsup:

Is that correct Alpha?

Can UK customers now pay via paypal without creating an account?

This was one of the reasons i was not going to go with Paypal.

Yup it is Allready taken 4 payment via it Works a dream the paypal Ipn mod also sends there addy detail across as well.. saving non paypal member even more time.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1753

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I dropped worldpay as well (saved a couple of quid there)

Marc

P.s you do need a paypal Business or Premium Account (cost to you for this type of account ?0) B)

Edited by aromacraft