• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My (solved!) problems with Canada Post

I've posted this stuff in a couple threads, but I would like to give it its own post to help people.

I am using the Canada Post module and got a message that it couldn't calculate the shipping for two reasons:

1) I was using the Demo ID (which was something like CPC_DEMO). I contacted Canada Post ([email protected]) and set up an ID for the company. I think UPS requires this, too.

2) I'm a moron. To test, I was using the postal code "44444" while saying I lived in Alberta (which is impossible!) so I confused the calculations. If I had lived in a place that actually has 44444 as a postal code, I think that it would have worked fine.

In the text where it says it can't calculate the shipping, I put, in bold, that the buyer should make sure they entered a valid postal code.

I hope this is helpful!

My problems with the module are not over, unfortuntaly, but at least it doesn't give me any more errors.

I've posted this stuff in a couple threads, but I would like to give it its own post to help people.

I am using the Canada Post module and got a message that it couldn't calculate the shipping for two reasons:

1) I was using the Demo ID (which was something like CPC_DEMO). I contacted Canada Post ([email protected]) and set up an ID for the company. I think UPS requires this, too.

2) I'm a moron. To test, I was using the postal code "44444" while saying I lived in Alberta (which is impossible!) so I confused the calculations. If I had lived in a place that actually has 44444 as a postal code, I think that it would have worked fine.

In the text where it says it can't calculate the shipping, I put, in bold, that the buyer should make sure they entered a valid postal code.

I hope this is helpful!

My problems with the module are not over, unfortuntaly, but at least it doesn't give me any more errors.

Canada Post works for me too, the only problem I ran into is that it displays Small Parcels when the parcel can't qualify for that shipping method. But for some reason, Canada Post still returns that quote :(

Canada Post works for me too, the only problem I ran into is that it displays Small Parcels when the parcel can't qualify for that shipping method. But for some reason, Canada Post still returns that quote :(

The one annoyance I have with Canada Post (not really a module problem) is that their regular shipping on small parcel is the same amount for regular.

Now, what you can do for orders internationally that use small parcel, is disable within' the user interface on the Canada Post. You can select which types of packages you offer. If you disable it on their interface, it will not show up within' OSCommerce.

Geof.

The one annoyance I have with Canada Post (not really a module problem) is that their regular shipping on small parcel is the same amount for regular.

Now, what you can do for orders internationally that use small parcel, is disable within' the user interface on the Canada Post.  You can select which types of packages you offer.  If you disable it on their interface, it will not show up within' OSCommerce.

Geof.

How do you displace their interface? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Okies, this is a real annoyance on Canada Post Site to get to, but I've dug up the links. You may want to book mark these.

http://www.canadapost.ca/business/offering...n/default-e.asp

http://216.191.36.73/servlet/LogonServlet

Your shipping profile is the one that Canada Post Gave you, and Im not sure what your paticular PW would be, you will have to phone Canada Post to find that.

Hope it helps, and sorry it took so long to reply. :)

Geof.