• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mail_Validation

Alex2911

The new Version of mail_validation is online --> http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2151

This addon allow you to check if the customers emailadress is valid by add ing a registration code.

After the customer is registered, he will logged out again and have to register his emailadress by press a link from the registration-mail.

New: The validation-code can be submit again to the users emailadress. He is also able to insert the code into the login-form instead of press the link (maybe for AOL-Users).

For later contributions the emailadress on time of validate will be inserted in a column but not given out right now.

For english spoken users i opened a topic there.

Edited by Alex2911

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In install_english.txt

[catalog]/login.php

After line 25 -->

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'process')) {

$email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['email_address']);

$password = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['password']);

paste:

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['pass'])){

$check_customer_query_val = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");

$new_query_for_val = tep_db_fetch_array($check_customer_query_val);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link('pw.php', 'id=' . $new_query_for_val['customers_id'] . '&pass=' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['pass'], SSL));

} missing

Edited by cswsblv2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I installed the contribution and when I register a new user, it sends me an email correctly, but when I validate (either via the link or by the login), I get an mpty page of the pw.php.

Also when I ask to send a new validation code, it doesn't. the validate_new.php page I get is also empty.

I went through the instructions several times, and found no error in the installation process.

Can you help?

Thanks,

David

• 1 month later...

I am also using the master password contrib and am having some problems including the mail vaildation contrib with it in the login.php file. The first code is the original code and the second code is with the master password hack code added to the original and the third is what this contrib is callin for with the mail vaildation hack code. Does anyone have an idea how to combine the two Contribs? The red writing is code that is the same and does not need changing and the blue writing is code that has or SHOULD be changed for both of these contribs to work.

ORIGINAL CODE

// Check that password is good

if (!tep_validate_password($password, $check_customer['customers_password'])) {

$error = true;

} else {

if (SESSION_RECREATE == 'True') {

tep_session_recreate();

}

WITH MASTER PASSWORD CONTRIB ADDED TO ORIGINAL CODE

$passwordgood = tep_validate_password($password, $check_customer['customers_password']);

if ($password == "MASTER PASSWORD HERE" || $password == "MASTER PASSWORD HERE") {

$passwordgood = 1;

} else {

$passwordgood = $passwordgood;

}

if (!$passwordgood) {

$error = true;

} else {

tep_session_recreate();

}

WITH MAIL VAILDATION CONTRIB ADDED TO ORIGINAL CODE

if ((!tep_validate_password($password, $check_customer['customers_password'])) || $check_customer['customers_validation'] == '0') {

$error = true;

if ($check_customer['customers_validation'] == '0') $setme = true;

} else {

tep_session_recreate();

}

Does anyone have any ideas onw how to intergrate the Master Password code with the Mail Vaildation code?

Thanks for any help!

Steel

Edited by Steel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just installed the latest version of the mail validation tool. but when i got to my e-mail account to test it, i get the mail fine but when i click on the link to validate it it takes me to a page and get the error

http: 404 page not found.

Any help will be great . Thanks

Hi,

I have just installed the latest version of the mail validation tool. but when i got to my e-mail account to test it, i get the mail fine but when i click on the link to validate it it takes me to a page and get the error

http: 404 page not found.

Any help will be great . Thanks

Will,

Its sounds like you did not upload the pages that came with the contrib. Please upload all files that came in the zip and try it again.

Steel

Hi Steel :)

Thank you for updating !

I didn't have time any more to support the contributions i made so it is good that there are also other who work on :)

Best Regards Alex

Thanks for the Thanks Alex :D

Thats what this is all about, Open Source is the best!!!!!!!

If all software was open source we could all make things better for each other.

Thanks for starting this contrib for me to add to.

Steel

In Install_english.txt I have found an extra } at the end of [catalog]/login.php, Step 1 paste. This appears to be an error ... please advise.

It would be nice if the modified files (the complete files, along with the snippets of code in the install.txt) were posted as part of the contrib. This would make it easy for us to use a program like Araxis Merge to quickly compare our current file with the modified file ... would eliminate errors and debugging time.

Please ignore my previous email ... I have looked at this problem for a couple of days ... and just noticed that I must paste this code "after" the previous code, not "replace".

However, it would still be nice if the modified files (the complete files, along with the snippets of code in the install.txt) were posted as part of the contrib. This would make it easy for us to use a program like Araxis Merge to quickly compare our current file with the modified file ... would eliminate errors and debugging time.

In Install_english.txt I have found an extra } at the end of [catalog]/login.php, Step 1 paste. This appears to be an error ... please advise.

It would be nice if the modified files (the complete files, along with the snippets of code in the install.txt) were posted as part of the contrib. This would make it easy for us to use a program like Araxis Merge to quickly compare our current file with the modified file ... would eliminate errors and debugging time.

Please ignore my previous email ... I have looked at this problem for a couple of days ... and just noticed that I must paste this code "after" the previous code, not "replace".

However, it would still be nice if the modified files (the complete files, along with the snippets of code in the install.txt) were posted as part of the contrib. This would make it easy for us to use a program like Araxis Merge to quickly compare our current file with the modified file ... would eliminate errors and debugging time.

I have thought about adding drop in files, but then the problem is, whos store in does it work in?

if you have any mods to your store already like I do (currently 80 different mods) then a drop in wont work.

Thanks

Steel

You are correct ... a "drop in" will not work.

A good way would be to do it the way the osCommerce update was released a week ago. They started with the original install files, and modified those.

By using a program such as Araxis Merge, a person could quickly compare their files with the contrib files and update only the relevant sections (it is assumed that folks recognize the changes they have made).

Araxis Merge would also be a good way to create contrib files. The program would quickly show the differences between your file and an original file ... with the click of a button you could transfer the relevant updates to the original file and end up with a contrib file.

• 2 weeks later...

HI!

Congrats for this great contrib!!

All seem to work. I receive the confirmation mail, but when trying to validate it only gives the error message:

"The email address or validation/activation code you entered is not valid" :( :(

Please, any help would be much aprreciated. I instaled version 2.0. I have not clue what to do... <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am a newbie, and probably just made a tipo (or similar level of mistake) when following the install instructions.

The overall process works fine (every step) but I discovered that I can enter the shop without validating the email.

I checked the customers_validation field in the sql database and it's 0 I if I did not validate by clicking the link and it's 1 after; also customers_email_registered field receives the email address aft. validation. So I guess it's about the readout of that data. Which file should I probably go through again? Login.php?

Thanks in advance for your help!

CPD

The email address or validation/activation code you entered is not valid

Mookie-Jam

It sounds like you are clicking the link and then also trying to manulay input to code. This would be a resson for the error code because you have already vaildated by clicking the link. You can only do one or the other not both.

The overall process works fine (every step) but I discovered that I can enter the shop without validating the email.

cpdarvas

They will still be able to enter the shop but just can not log in or purchase/checkout without validting the account first, this stops fake accounts(well slows it down at least).

Steel

Mookie-Jam

It sounds like you are clicking the link and then also trying to manulay input to code. This would be a resson for the error code because you have already vaildated by clicking the link. You can only do one or the other not both.

Thanks for the help Steel!!!!!

I first click on the link in the e-mail for the activation. As it gives a error message than the code doesn't match, I trying dying it manually and neither worked..

In my case, if doesn't allow a not verified addres mail to log in the catalago with this error message

Error: Your account is not validated.

Hello,

I really need help here.I've follow the manual(readme).....but still get an errors.....

you can go to check it ouy

www.rezolles.axs-host.com

Please click my account and an error will occur...can someone help??

I would anyone to chat live with me using yahoo messenger..

or msn messenger.<This is better>

Yahoo:[email protected]

MSN : [email protected]

Thank you