• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contrib] Make An Offer

i have installed MAO v3.0 on my osC 2.2. the problem is,

1. whenever my customers are directed to the make your offer screen, the listed 'original price' of the item they are offering for is always $0.00! how do i change this so that 'original price' really reflects the original price?

There is an error in make_an_offer.php

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($procuctid, $product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

change to

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($productid, $product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

However, the price displayed is not correct on my site:

See Item

Item's Make Offer Page

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an error in make_an_offer.php

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($procuctid, $product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

change to

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($productid, $product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

However, the price displayed is not correct on my site:

See Item

Item's Make Offer Page

In fact it must be changet to:

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

Best regards,

Clement

In fact it must be changet to:

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

Best regards,

Clement

Correct ! The product id should not be included in the call to display_price except if you use ie. TotalB2B like I do and which difference I forgot to correct in this file.

I'll have that fixed with the next update.

That works -- Thanks!

I have one more [hopefully minor] problem. If you navigate the category using the Previous - Next buttons the "Back" button on the make_an_offer page brings you back to the first item where Make An Offer was selected, not the current item where you clicked Make An Offer.

-Select from here the Square Mosaic Table then click Make An Offer. From Make An Offer page click back brings you to the Square Mosaic Table.

-Now click on the Next button to the Oval Cocktail Table and click Make An Offer. The Back button returns to the Square Mosaic Table.

If you navigate from the left-side category menu, this does not happen. Select an item from here, Make An Offer >> Back button returns to correct item. Then click the Table Fountain category and select another item, etc. This way works.

Can this be fixed?

That works -- Thanks!

I have one more [hopefully minor] problem. If you navigate the category using the Previous - Next buttons the "Back" button on the make_an_offer page brings you back to the first item where Make An Offer was selected, not the current item where you clicked Make An Offer.

-Select from here the Square Mosaic Table then click Make An Offer. From Make An Offer page click back brings you to the Square Mosaic Table.

-Now click on the Next button to the Oval Cocktail Table and click Make An Offer. The Back button returns to the Square Mosaic Table.

If you navigate from the left-side category menu, this does not happen. Select an item from here, Make An Offer >> Back button returns to correct item. Then click the Table Fountain category and select another item, etc. This way works.

Can this be fixed?

Hello Maureen,

I see what you mean and I'll have to try if and how it can be fixed. I have a doubt though it will be fixable as the default navigation path of osC is used and there is more places where it doesn't work as expected (take ie. a product listing of 4 pages, go to page 3, view a product, add to cart and use the osC Back button (if you implemented that) and you are on page 1 instead of 3 where you came from)).

regards,

Howard

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been needing a contibution like this for a while. Looks great, but its not working yet.

1) Ive gone through the install, aided by beyond compare, and I have no apparent errors, but my catalog/product_info.php shows no changes or buttons. Ideas?

I do have some other mods installed like "Call for Price".

2) The admin/configuration/make an offer is still blank. Was that ever developed?

Thanks for the Help!

Ive been needing a contibution like this for a while. Looks great, but its not working yet.

1) Ive gone through the install, aided by beyond compare, and I have no apparent errors, but my catalog/product_info.php shows no changes or buttons. Ideas?

I do have some other mods installed like "Call for Price".

2) The admin/configuration/make an offer is still blank. Was that ever developed?

Thanks for the Help!

Dan,

1) could be related to 2). In your admin->configuration you should have an entry Make An Offer with two options: one to accept an offer directly through your shopping cart yes or no and one to set the maximum discount percentage. Depending on the setting for 'accept an offer directly' you will have an extra button in your product description (if the product is allowed for offerings).

The Call for Price mod is unknown to me but I don't think it has anything to do with this. You should check if the SQL statements are entered correctly and your database has been updated with the MAO options.

regards,

Howard

Dan,

1) could be related to 2). In your admin->configuration you should have an entry Make An Offer with two options: one to accept an offer directly through your shopping cart yes or no and one to set the maximum discount percentage. Depending on the setting for 'accept an offer directly' you will have an extra button in your product description (if the product is allowed for offerings).

The Call for Price mod is unknown to me but I don't think it has anything to do with this. You should check if the SQL statements are entered correctly and your database has been updated with the MAO options.

regards,

Howard

Howard,

Thanks for the support. Your thought was my first impression, so I went through the admin install once more and double checked the install. I also checked my database and confirmed the update. I can select MOA on the individual products, but on the configuration this is all I get...

MAO.jpg

here has got to be something missing!? :blink:

Thanks again,

Dan

Howard,

Thanks for the support. Your thought was my first impression, so I went through the admin install once more and double checked the install. I also checked my database and confirmed the update. I can select MOA on the individual products, but on the configuration this is all I get...

MAO.jpg

here has got to be something missing!? :blink:

Thanks again,

Dan

The two entries which you should have seen there are indeed missing. How did you enter the SQL commands ? In principle when you go to your phpMyAdmin SQL tab and paste

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_make_an_offer` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` VALUES ('', 'Make An Offer', 'The options to configure the MAO button.', '1', '1');
UPDATE `configuration_group` SET sort_order = last_insert_id() WHERE `configuration_group_id` = last_insert_id();

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Accept offer directly', 'MAO_ACCEPT_OFFER_DIRECTLY', 'true', 'Add an accepted offer directly to the shopping cart', last_insert_id(), '1', NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),'),
('', 'Maximum allowed offer percentage', 'MAO_MAX_OFFER_PERCENTAGE_ALLOWED', '20', 'The maximum percentage of the official price you will accept an offer for (ie. if the set price is 100 all offers below 80 will not be accepted for the default of 20%.).', last_insert_id(), '2', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL);

inside the textbox after which you press start these statements should be entered correctly in your database.

If not then there might be a problem with the syntax and the SQL version used.

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Accept offer directly', 'MAO_ACCEPT_OFFER_DIRECTLY', 'true', 'Add an accepted offer directly to the shopping cart', last_insert_id(), '1', NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),'),
('', 'Maximum allowed offer percentage', 'MAO_MAX_OFFER_PERCENTAGE_ALLOWED', '20', 'The maximum percentage of the official price you will accept an offer for (ie. if the set price is 100 all offers below 80 will not be accepted for the default of 20%.).', last_insert_id(), '2', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL);

Its this line not going through. I'm going to try and do it manually. What are the corresponding values?

MAO2.jpg

THANKS! :thumbsup:

ITS FIXED!!!

The Group Configuration ID was not associated the the corrisponding Configuration Values for MOA. I HAVE AN ADMIN SECTION!! :D

I was just about to look into it but you have solved the problem already as I read now :thumbsup:

Question for me is why your database tables didn't get updated the normal way. It does work for the mySQL/PHP combinations I tested it on but appearantly this isn't true in all cases.

Anyhow, I hope you can find your way through MAO now !

Hi Howard,

What a terrific idea!

I've just installed "make an offer" v3.0 as a new install.

It seems to be displaying ok on the retail side of the page, but I have no function on the admin side for setting a minimum acceptable bid

The "Customer Offer Allowed" buttons are there, and are highlighted, or rather are in a box along with the Tax Class and Net & Gross Product Prices.

But thats it. The buttons and the box are the only new things on the page...

Can you help, please?

Thanks,

Lou

Hi Howard,

What a terrific idea!

I've just installed "make an offer" v3.0 as a new install.

It seems to be displaying ok on the retail side of the page, but I have no function on the admin side for setting a minimum acceptable bid

The "Customer Offer Allowed" buttons are there, and are highlighted, or rather are in a box along with the Tax Class and Net & Gross Product Prices.

But thats it. The buttons and the box are the only new things on the page...

Can you help, please?

Thanks,

Lou

Lou,

Under admin->configuration you should have a new menu entry called Make An Offer with two setting options attached to it. Make sure you applied the following SQL statements to your database (through phpMyAdmin or something)

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` VALUES ('', 'Make An Offer', 'The options to configure the MAO button.', '1', '1');
UPDATE `configuration_group` SET sort_order = last_insert_id() WHERE `configuration_group_id` = last_insert_id();

besides

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_make_an_offer` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

regards,

Howard

• 1 month later...
Hi. I've installed make an offer v3.0. All went fine, but on product page I see no offer button and offer doesn't seem to have any effect. Here is the page with a product:

http://www.oscweb.hostultra.com/portal/sho...?products_id=43

Please tell me what to do..

thanks

Hello,

Just took a look at the page you mentioned but all seems fine to me. There is no button if you have set the MAO option 'Accept Offer Directly' to yes. In that case the field is shown where a customer can put the offer and issue a normal Add to Cart upon which the offer is checked. You do however have set your admin->configuration->My Store->Display Cart After Adding Product to yes which prevents the message for a too low bid to show. You should have that option set to false in order to make the MAO contrib work properly. A valid bid is shown correctly though so it is not absolutely neccessary, just more clear for not acceptable bids.

regards,

Howard

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Just took a look at the page you mentioned but all seems fine to me. There is no button if you have set the MAO option 'Accept Offer Directly' to yes. In that case the field is shown where a customer can put the offer and issue a normal Add to Cart upon which the offer is checked. You do however have set your admin->configuration->My Store->Display Cart After Adding Product to yes which prevents the message for a too low bid to show. You should have that option set to false in order to make the MAO contrib work properly. A valid bid is shown correctly though so it is not absolutely neccessary, just more clear for not acceptable bids.

regards,

Howard

Thanks, but I fixed it myself... it was a problem back when I posted it...

• 1 month later...

Hi; I've installed this and it seems to work, bar these points:

1) The error in catalog/make_an_offer.php is still present in the latest download set (fix is noted in this topic but not in the current install notes)

2) It doesn't seem to work in the situation where 'accept directly' is false (i.e. the offer form is called into play), and where the product has options which modify the price.

For instance, a product cost ?50 but has an option which adds on ?25; the form shows the product base price (?50) and not the actual price of ?75.

Also the product name/description doesn't indicate an option has been chosen.

Is there a way round these?

[i do have a real-time price updater installed, could this be the cause? I suspect not though]

Lastly, popthetops links to the forum, re misc payments, don't work - pop have you got any info on that? Searched with no luck;

Cheers all...

Edited by Alley Kat

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

regards,

Howard

I am having this same problem. I have spent about an hour trying to figure out what i did wrong, but the button is still not showing. It made a spot for it, but it is not there. Can someone please help me?

Thank you

Cliff

I am having this same problem. I have spent about an hour trying to figure out what i did wrong, but the button is still not showing. It made a spot for it, but it is not there. Can someone please help me?

Thank you

Cliff

I will smack myself now :-" I guess i didn't realize that I had to set each product to have that offer. Is there any way to make every product default as on instead of off?

Thanks

Cliff

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Howard (wheeloftime)...

I am trying to put together features similar to what is being offered to be installed for $50.00 on the first page of this "Make An Offer" forum.

-----------------------------------------------

Actually, I think it is a rude and inappropriate advertisement posting / response, for gain, in a forum meant for helping. Particularly since I have seen the name (PopTheTop) in several forums looking for help with one thing or another. I find this person's attitude to be really offensive overall.

Anyhow, what happened to me is - I stumbled upon this contribution "Make An Offer", and its forum, and read through it because I have been wanting to add a couple of features to my osc application:

(1)

I wanted customers who purchase a gift certificate via my already installed "Credit Class & Gift Voucher" contribution - to be able to just insert whatever amount they want to via a text input field. Presently you have to set an amount (as you do with any product), and a customer can increase it by adding more quantities of it.

(2)

I wanted to have a "Payment" page, where a customer can insert any amount for payment, as well as a brief description of what the payment is for, also using text input fields.

So, I was quite surprised to find (I have looked quite extensively for some time now, and not been able to find as a contribution) pretty much, just what I was looking for, as I mentioned already, on the first page of this forum. Only it's not a contribution...

Please don't misunderstand me. In an appropriate and proper setting, offering an osc service, or associated work for a fee is more than okay with me. It is just the way that it was done here in the first page of this forum, by this pophisload little person - that just really irked me. As well, as I read through the forum, his whole attitude sucks, as though he's better than, and trying to show off or something. Reminds me of a grade school hall monitor wannabe... child.

Okay, I really need to put a zip to my typing lip - and get on with the real purpose of my writing here now. Maybe too, I need to apologize for ranting on some.

Presently, using some of the code from three separate contributions (Make An Offer, Options Type, & Maximum Order Quantity) - I am almost able to achieve what I am looking for.

From the Make An Offer contribution, I am able to get a text input field to carry an inserted $ amount over into the shopping cart.

From the Options Type contribution, I am able to get a text input field to carry an inserted brief payment description over into the shopping cart as an attribute.

From the Maximum Order Quantity contribution, I am able to prevent more than one gift certificate and/or more than one payment amount, to be processed per order.

I am afraid though, the finishing touches are beyond my limited ability to customize some, using others code, which is all that I can really do. (Though I am still, searching through the forums, and contributions, for more info on how I might accomplish what I want to.)

What's left that needs to be done is:

(1)

Need to be able to validate the two text input fields involved, which are generated in product_info.php (To be able to control the $ amount range, & to insure a description is inserted - would like to do this using an "alert" statement.)

(2)

Presently, the "Gift Certificate" (product) page passes through the checkout procedure going from the cart directly to checkout_payment.php, skipping checkout_shipping.php.

The "Payment" (product) page does not (I do know it has to do with the "Product Description" text attribute that carries through). It goes through checkout_shipping.php first - this needs to be changed to do the same as the "Gift Certificate" (product) page.

(3)

When using the Free Shipping Over A Given Amount feature, I need to be able to exclude both the "Gift Certificate" (product) amount, and/or the "Payment" (product) amount - from being included in the tally/sum.

(4)

In most files that I have tried to, I am able to separate the 2 products (which in my case are 1 & 2 "Gift Certificate" & "Payment" respectively) by using some variation of (($products['products_id'] == 1) && ($products['products_id'] == 2) ) with an "if" statement, or "if else" statements.

I have not been able to figure out, or find an example of the variation that works with the checkout files (checkout_shipping.php, checkout_payment.php, checkout_confirmation.php, & checkout_success.php)

I need to, to be able to custom the info presented - which will depend on which products are purchased (different for 1 & 2, than the rest).

To the point of my telling all this here to you Howard:

I am trying to generate some interest in completing these last areas, which I so far, have not been able to do. I am very close though. Presently I am working in an XAMPP environment on my computer.

So, if you or anyone else has an interest to see what I've got done so far, with an eye towards collaborating, I would be glad to publish it on my server. It also has the potential to be a useful hybrid contribution when finished. And of course, as it should be - a FREE contribution!

Regards,

Carlos

P.S.

Howard, please forgive my posting all this here. It just seemed like one of the places to do it, for more than one reason.

I'm having the same error message as EricInHouston

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_make_an_offer' in 'field list'

ADMIN side

Did an solution ever present itself?

I'm having the same error message as EricInHouston

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_make_an_offer' in 'field list'

ADMIN side

Did an solution ever present itself?

The error occurs when you do not have all needed SQL statements applied to your database and/or missed one of the neccessary changes. Best advise is to check everything carefully (again). I have never heard back from EIH so I guess he found the error himself in the end.