• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contrib] Make An Offer

Translation please:

products_image en products_price voor zowel het gedeelte met "$product_query = tep_db_query( etc." en het gedeelte met "tep_db_query("insert into" . TABLE_PRODUCTS etc".

Danka.

Why did I add an English language installation instruction with the package :lol:

Ha ha, from Dutch to English it says:

products_image and products_price for both the part with "$product_query = tep_db_query( etc." and the part with "tep_db_query("insert into" . TABLE_PRODUCTS etc".

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, same thing.

You do not get any errors while importing the SQL statements ? It's weird at the least ! Nothing peculiar/different with your hosting/php/mysql and/or some other times you have difficulties importing things like this into your database ?

I have no clue why it doesn't work with your setup :'(

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '0, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class' at line 1

insert into products (products_quantity, products_model, products_make_an_offer, products_price, 0, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_date_added) values ('100', 'PATEST', '', '', '399.99', null, '40', '1', '1', '', now())

Got everything working on the admin side, I think. Still can't add product.

Where does the '0' come from and why is products_price fourth in products but fifth in values? Does it matter?

Any suggestions before I go blind?

Thanks.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '0, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class' at line 1

insert into products (products_quantity, products_model, products_make_an_offer, products_price, 0, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_date_added) values ('100', 'PATEST', '', '', '399.99', null, '40', '1', '1', '', now())

Got everything working on the admin side, I think. Still can't add product.

Where does the '0' come from and why is products_price fourth in products but fifth in values? Does it matter?

Any suggestions before I go blind?

Thanks.

Bear,

The place of products_price is of no relevance I think and where the zero comes from I can't tell but it seems that is causing the error. Check again the part in your admin/categories.php where you find the insert query. There must be a little typo or whatever error there. Mail me your categories.php so I can have a look at it if you still can't find it ! Don't expect an immediate response as I have to be away for a couple of days but I'll look at it as soon as I am back.

Howard

This is just a suggestion...

If I accept an offer, I then send the payment to a Misc Payment page in my store at http://www.popthetop.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=257 where the customer can enter the item name and accepted price.

So far, this has worked great. If interested, go to http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156662 for more info.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I have been following this but I could not get to that last link

Kym

Use http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=153413 instead.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to install Make An Offer 3.0 with OSCommerce 2.2. I've gone over the mods three times, and they were all added via cut and paste to the modules. When I go to the admin and click on "Categories / Products", I get the following message at the top of the screen:

------------------------

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_make_an_offer' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_make_an_offer, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' order by pd.products_name

[TEP STOP]

------------------------

Any idea what's causing this? Is it a database issue or a problem in admin/categories.php? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Eric

I'm trying to install Make An Offer 3.0 with OSCommerce 2.2. I've gone over the mods three times, and they were all added via cut and paste to the modules. When I go to the admin and click on "Categories / Products", I get the following message at the top of the screen:

------------------------

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_make_an_offer' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_make_an_offer, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' order by pd.products_name

[TEP STOP]

------------------------

Any idea what's causing this? Is it a database issue or a problem in admin/categories.php? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Eric

Hello Eric,

This does look like a database error which most probably means you didn't run the following SQL statement on your database.

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_make_an_offer` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

regards,

Howard

Hello Eric,

This does look like a database error which most probably means you didn't run the following SQL statement on your database.

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_make_an_offer` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

regards,

Howard

I ran the SQL package that came with the module. Just to make sure, I ran the SQL command you just posted, and this is the response I received:

Failed to execute SQL : SQL ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_make_an_offer` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; failed : Duplicate column name 'products_make_an_offer'

Any other suggestions?

Eric

I ran the SQL package that came with the module. Just to make sure, I ran the SQL command you just posted, and this is the response I received:

Failed to execute SQL : SQL ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_make_an_offer` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; failed : Duplicate column name 'products_make_an_offer'

Any other suggestions?

Eric

Eric,

As all SQL seems in place then it must be something with your admin/categories.php. Please mail it to me so I can have a look.

Howard

• 3 weeks later...

I try to install "Make An Offer" but get some error :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mao_priceoffer() in /var/www/html/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 390

Anyone can help? I must say I don't know well php.

I try to install "Make An Offer" but get some error :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mao_priceoffer() in /var/www/html/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 390

Anyone can help? I must say I don't know well php.

Check if you have copied the file make_an_offer_to_cart.php to the directory (catalog)/includes/functions

That's where the called function comes from.

Thanks for your reply. This file is in this catalog, there must other problem.

Somehow the function is unknown when it is called upon and if the file is in place you should check if you made the changes to (catalog)/includes/application_top.php correctly.

Look for 8) from the installation instructions and see if you did apply that (correctly).

Thanks in this file I did some mistake. I'll translate this to Polish. Maybe send this here?

Zibi,

Thanks for your effort to translate it to Polish ! Best is if you upload yourself the full package with the Polish translations. Just mention that you added your language and it is still the full package. Give it a version number of 3.1 so it is distinguishable from 3.0

Thanks,

Howard

I hope last problem. Why I can see in admin panel this part of code?

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_MAKE_AN_OFFER_ALLOWED', 'Customer offer allowed:');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_MAKE_AN_OFFER', 'Offer allowed:');

define('TEXT_PRODUCT_MAKE_AN_OFFER_YES', 'Yes');

define('TEXT_PRODUCT_MAKE_AN_OFFER_NO', 'No');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MAO', 'Offer y/n');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_IS_SPECIAL', 'Is Special:');

define('TEXT_PRODUCT_IS_SPECIAL_YES', 'Yes');

define('TEXT_PRODUCT_IS_SPECIAL_NO', 'No');

I see only in menu "Make An Offer" and nothing more. In products I can change "Customer offer allowed: yes or no" and this is working.

I hope last problem. Why I can see in admin panel this part of code?

I see only in menu "Make An Offer" and nothing more. In products I can change "Customer offer allowed: yes or no" and this is working.

Can you tell a bit more specific where you see those define's ? For the english language they should be added to the

2)

A) Add the following define's to

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php:

after which they are used within the categories/products section of your admin.

In your Admin->Configuration->Make An Offer you should have two entries; one for setting the maximum allowed discount percentage and one to set the option of accepting an offer directly to cart yes or no.

i have installed MAO v3.0 on my osC 2.2. the problem is,

1. whenever my customers are directed to the make your offer screen, the listed 'original price' of the item they are offering for is always $0.00! how do i change this so that 'original price' really reflects the original price?

2. one more thing, i can seem to find any button to click to 'accept an offer' and send the item to customer's shopping cart.

i have installed MAO v3.0 on my osC 2.2. the problem is,

1. whenever my customers are directed to the make your offer screen, the listed 'original price' of the item they are offering for is always $0.00! how do i change this so that 'original price' really reflects the original price?

2. one more thing, i can seem to find any button to click to 'accept an offer' and send the item to customer's shopping cart.

1) I assume you are refering to the option to send an offer through the mail and you see a zero original price when going to the page where the customer can fill in the offer ?

The only thing I can think of why the original price shows zero is that the sessions are not working properly with your shop which could be due to a wrong configuration. Do you have osCsid's behind your URL's when you are browsing your shop ? That may show at first entry of the shop but after that you shouldn't see those anymore. If that is the case it most of the times means you will have to adjust the cookie path and cookie domain path settings in your (catalog)/includes/configure.php until you don't see them anymore.

2) There is no extra button for the directly add to cart feature. Customers fill in their offer and are supposed to use the Add to Cart button like normal. If the offer field is left empty the product goes to the shopping cart with the normal price, if they have filled in an offer there will be a check if it is not below your set maximum discount percentage. If it is they will return to the product page with a message the offer is to low, if it is acceptable it will be added to the shopping cart with the acceptable price.

Hope this clarifies it a bit.