• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contrib] Make An Offer

Walked the all through again, sorry to say it all matches what has been written. But since everybody gets it to work I belive its my system..  :'(

Strange it is however ?! Do you have by any chance an older osC running or have done other changes to categories.php before MAO ?

You should check your database directly and see if the field products_make_an_offer has indeed been written to you products table ! The error tells it isn't there and it might be you think you added it while there might have been an error which prevented the field to be actually written to your products table.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange it is however ?! Do you have by any chance an older osC running or have done other changes to categories.php before MAO ?

You should check your database directly and see if the field products_make_an_offer has indeed been written to you products table ! The error tells it isn't there and it might be you think you added it while there might have been an error which prevented the field to be actually written to your products table.

The table has been added.. hmm strange.. never changed this before.

Hi again,

Is their a particular reason it is p_products_make_an_offer and not p.products_make_an_offer like all the others? thanks

Hi again,

Is their a particular reason it is p_products_make_an_offer and not p.products_make_an_offer like all the others? thanks

Ouch, you found the culprit. Of course it should be p.products_make_an_offer and not 'p underscore' in those lines and I see now I made a typo error in the installation instructions :blush:

Correct that and you shouldn't have any problems anymore !

• 1 month later...
Ouch, you found the culprit. Of course it should be p.products_make_an_offer and not 'p underscore' in those lines and I see now I made a typo error in the installation instructions  :blush:

Correct that and you shouldn't have any problems anymore !

I appear to have ran into the same problem. I read all the update and am at a stalled state since my latest error after correcting the previous error as the previous user mentioned is now the following:

1109 - Unknown table 'p_products' in field list

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p_products.make_an_offer, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '83' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

My problem is that I am not to familiar with php. Meanwhile, I tried to search for that line argument in catalog files but in vain.

I will wait for the next version of "Make an offer". When you coreect and have all updates ready please send me one copy of the zip file.

That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I appear to have ran into the same problem. I read all the update and am at a stalled state since my latest error after correcting the previous error as the previous user mentioned is now the following:

1109 - Unknown table 'p_products' in field list

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p_products.make_an_offer, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '83' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

My problem is that I am not to familiar with php. Meanwhile, I tried to search for that line argument in catalog files but in vain.

I will wait for the next version of "Make an offer". When you coreect and have all updates ready please send me one copy of the zip file.

That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

xaragua,

Look for it in admin/categories.php, you will find it there and just replace the _ with a .

I'll see to it I get an update out this weekend. Watch the contributions section for the update and download it from there.

Sorry for the delay.

regards,

Howard

An updated Make An Offer v2.2 has been uploaded to the contribution section. Only change is the fix of the typo error within the installation instructions.

If you want to do it by hand:

Open admin/categories.php and search for:

p_products_make_an_offer

and change that to

p.products_make_an_offer

Sorry for any inconvenience.

regards,

Howard

An updated Make An Offer v2.2 has been uploaded to the contribution section. Only change is the fix of the typo error within the installation instructions.

If you want to do it by hand:

Open admin/categories.php and search for:

p_products_make_an_offer

and change that to

p.products_make_an_offer

Sorry for any inconvenience.

regards,

Howard

Thanks Howard for the update.

I will request one more help from you with this good feature. I perfomed all the install but every time I add the following:

5) Change the file catalog/product_info.php:

Search For:

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name

And Add:

p.products_make_an_offer

Between:

p.products_model and p.products_quantity

------------------------------------------------------

Search For:

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' .

tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

And Add just above that:

<?php

if ($product_info['products_make_an_offer'] == true) {

?>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAKE_AN_OFFER,

tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_make_an_offer.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_MAKE_AN_OFFER) . '</a>';

?></td>

<?php

}

?>

I run into a problem. All looks fine except that I lose all background color and pictures on the product_info.php that I select. I can see clearly that the added feature "Make an Offer" shows up but no pics... or background is displayed any longer.

Here is a copy of that section:

<?php

} else {

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_make_an_offer, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " set products_viewed = products_viewed+1 where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {

$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

} else {

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

}

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'] . '<br><span class="smallText">[' . $product_info['products_model'] . ']</span>';

} else {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'];

}

?>

Any help?

Xaragua

Thanks Howard for the update.

I will request one more help from you with this good feature. I perfomed all the install but every time I add the following:

5) Change the file catalog/product_info.php:

Search For:

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name

And Add:

p.products_make_an_offer

Between:

p.products_model and p.products_quantity

------------------------------------------------------

Search For:

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' .

tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

And Add just above that:

<?php

if ($product_info['products_make_an_offer'] == true) {

?>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAKE_AN_OFFER,

tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_make_an_offer.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_MAKE_AN_OFFER) . '</a>';

?></td>

<?php

}

?>

I run into a problem. All looks fine except that I lose all background color and pictures on the product_info.php that I select. I can see clearly that the added feature "Make an Offer" shows up but no pics... or background is displayed any longer.

Here is a copy of that section:

<?php

} else {

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_make_an_offer, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " set products_viewed = products_viewed+1 where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {

$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

} else {

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

}

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'] . '<br><span class="smallText">[' . $product_info['products_model'] . ']</span>';

} else {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'];

}

?>

Any help?

Xaragua

Xaragua,

This little piece of addition for MAO does not have any relation to the problems you describe so I am bit puzzled here. The question is what happens if you remove this addition ? Is everything fine then ?

I can't see anything in your code which could lead to this. The part you show only shows price, model and name and those are displayed okay, right ?

Maybe you did overwrite some <tr> or <td> tag while pasting the MAO portion. Check it against an original product_info.php (or better your backup file for product_info.php which I hope you made) and compare it with the changed one to see if there is something else missing.

Howard

I just added this and nothing shows up on the customer side..

no button and I followed the directions very carefully

I don't know what other information you need to help me

thank you

noppie

I just added this and nothing shows up on the customer side..

no button and I followed the directions very carefully

I don't know what other information you need to help me

thank you

noppie

Hello noppie,

Do you use some kind of template system ? Somewhere, somehow there must be something missing otherwise the button would show up.

I took a look at your website(s) but as I couldn't see any active products I couldn't check anything at this stage.

Drop me a note when you have something in place where the MAO button should show up but doesn't.

Howard

The site I had listed is the wrong one..

the store i have this is http://ellemercantile.com

and I have mulit-shop installed

so what I am going to do is

take a standard admin/categies.php

and add you updates

then I will add the multi-shtop add on.. that could be the problem///

I won't be able to do this until monday

thank you for your quick response.

noppie

The site I had listed is the wrong one..

the store i have this is http://ellemercantile.com

and I have mulit-shop installed 

so what I am going to do is

take a standard  admin/categies.php

and add you updates

then I will add the multi-shtop add on.. that could be the problem///

I won't be able to do this until monday

thank you for your quick response.

noppie

Okay, then I wait until you had time to do your installations and hope the other way around will workout better !

Why not merge the make_an_offer contribution to the ORDER.PHP to automatically accept the offer ?

Since It's possible to place a limitation in percentage, it's should be ovious that an offer placed inside the limits should be accepted.... or not?

I find the contribution very good, but... , 'cause of the missing possibility to automatically build-up the order, time consuming (for both parts: customer and shop-owner);

What should I do to accept a placed offer ?

- ask the customer to re-loggind after i did change the price ? (this well make HIS offer available to others, furthermore, i will have to either rechange the price to the original one or remove the -make_an_offer- button).

Anyway, thank you for the contribution, an interresting tool for online-shops.

Marco

Why not merge the make_an_offer contribution to the ORDER.PHP to automatically accept the offer ?

Since It's possible to place a limitation in percentage, it's should be ovious that an offer placed inside the limits should be accepted.... or not?

I find the contribution very good, but...  , 'cause of the missing possibility to automatically build-up the order,  time consuming (for both parts: customer and shop-owner);

What should I do to accept a placed offer ? 

- ask the customer to re-loggind after i did change the price ? (this well make HIS offer available to others, furthermore, i will have to either rechange the price to the original one or remove the -make_an_offer- button).

Anyway, thank you for the contribution, an interresting tool for online-shops.

Marco

Marco,

That part will come as soon as I have more time on my hand. Something like that I have in mind and you are right it is a bit cumbersome to handle the offers by hand. I can handle it with my shop but someone with a more 'frantic' webshop and wanting to use something like Make An Offer surely would like to have things handled more automatically.

Spring, summer and autumn are the most busy times for my business and there is little to no time and lust left to get that part done on a short term.

Your points are good as those are indeed making it more difficult to handle as neccessary. For the moment I process the order for the customer of which I accepted the offer but in the end I rather like him/her to do it themself. The idea I am playing with is to make a product unavailable for others as soon as someone puts a valid offer on it. The product should then get a special tag for that customer so he/she alone can order it for the special price. A problem will certainly be the PWA (purchase without account) feature I have running on my shop also as there is no account to tie to. Probably it will come to make the product unavailable and provide a special link within the email to the customer who did the accepted offer through which the offer can be processed the normal way.

If you have suggestions/ideas let me know !

regards,

Howard

Hi Howard,

It should be possible to BUILD UP ther order using an IF statement inside the "make_an_offer.php".

------------------

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {

and send the OFFER to CART as value for the $price.

in this way the customer could opt for CLOSE the order or add more products to it.

Regards

Marco

Hi Howard,

It should be possible to BUILD UP ther order using an IF statement inside the "make_an_offer.php".

------------------

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {

in this way the customer could opt for CLOSE the order or add more products to it.

Regards

Marco

Aye, that would be a quick solution but I would have to change the price inside the database also and what if the customer backs out ? I don't think there is a way to find that out automatically and the price will stay at the offered price which I wouldn't want to happen. On further thought, I suppose there could be something as a temporary price and reflect this new price inside the database only after checkout_success ?!

Mmm, thinking of it, that might be workable. I'll see if I can find some time to try this out next week.

Thanks for the idea Marco !

GREAT CONTRIB! Thanks!

How about: Your offer is accepted and item has been added to your cart. This price is only valid during this session.?

No clue as to how to do it.

GREAT CONTRIB! Thanks!

How about: Your offer is accepted and item has been added to your cart. This price is only valid during this session.?

No clue as to how to do it.

Hello Big Bear,

That would be happening if the customer would not end with checkout_success and be in the line I wrote yesterday. One thing which keeps me thinking is that with unique products as I have there will be no room for other offers which could be higher as the initial one. Accepting an offer immediately would then be cutting your own leg :D For shops with enough quantity of a product the approach we discussed yesterday would of course be no problem.

Thanks for your suggestion !

Howard

What, if anything is supposed to show when you click on Make an Offer in admin/configuration?

This is all I get:

Make An Offer

Title Value Action

I have the Make an Offer link listed 2x in admin/config, did I goof?

Everything else is working.

What, if anything is supposed to show when you click on Make an Offer in admin/configuration?

This is all I get:

Make An Offer

Title Value Action

SCRATCH THAT. /////Everything else is working.

Just tried to add new product and got this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '0, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class' at line 1

insert into products (products_quantity, products_model, products_make_an_offer, products_price, 0, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_image, products_date_added) values ('', 'PALRRP', '', '', '79.95', null, '7', '1', '1', '', '/6/RUNNING_PHEASANT_LIGHTNING_.jpg', now())

Gives me something to do tonight.

This is all I get:

Make An Offer

Title                          Value                                Action

SCRATCH THAT. /////Everything else is working.

Just tried to add new product and got this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '0, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class' at line 1

insert into products (products_quantity, products_model, products_make_an_offer, products_price, 0, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_image, products_date_added) values ('', 'PALRRP', '', '', '79.95', null, '7', '1', '1', '', '/6/RUNNING_PHEASANT_LIGHTNING_.jpg', now())

Gives me something to do tonight.

Hello Big Bear,

As for the admin configuration side; if you see the Make An Offer entry twice you must have imported it two times. Use phpMyAdmin to delete one of the entries or, maybe better, delete both entries and import the SQL again.

Below the Title, Value you should see the text as given with the one SQL statement below

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Maximum allowed offer percentage', 'MAO_MAX_OFFER_PERCENTAGE_ALLOWED', '20', 'The maximum percentage of the official price you will accept an offer for (ie. if the set price is 100 all offers below 80 will not be accepted for the default of 20%.).', last_insert_id(), '0', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL);

For the admin product page I can not give you a clear answer other than that you missed a step somewhere an/or made an error while copying/pasting the changes to be done. In these cases it is either walk over the install again and compare it very thoroughly with the changes you made or take a clean categories.php file and apply the changes again.

But maybe, and I hope, you have resolved the issue meanwhile ?!

Howard

I deleted the extra from the db, ran thru the install again. Still not showing the text, and the only error I found so far was a missing space after a ,

The catalog side does function.

Will mne's statement work or is it incomplete?:

<?php

I deleted the extra from the db, ran thru the install again.  Still not showing the text, and the only error I found so far was a missing space after a ,

The catalog side does function.

Will mne's statement work or is it incomplete?:

<?php

Hi Big Bear,

the mentioned IF statement is just an example, IT IS NOT TO BE ADDed anywhere, as it's alredy included in the original make_an_offer.php.

I mentioned this statement to point-out where in the PHP file could be possible to define VARIABLEs to further use in the OSC.

Regards

Marco

Translation please:

products_image en products_price voor zowel het gedeelte met "$product_query = tep_db_query( etc." en het gedeelte met "tep_db_query("insert into" . TABLE_PRODUCTS etc".

Danka.