• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contrib] Make An Offer

Thanks the makers of this wonder contribution. The latest release has a typo in the code though...

Error in code:

make_an_offer.php

Line 45:

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($procuctid...

Correct code:

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($productid...

Another feature that would be nice to have for this contribution, and I am not sure if it is doable or not...

Have the offers post in the admin control panel. You could have check boxes for all the offers on one page, Offer Accepted or Offer Declined. The page could show the original price and the offer price for easy viewing. The admin could easily go through 100 offers for all the various products in a matter of seconds and accept or reject them.

If the offer is accepted, the customer is sent an email verification link. When the user clicks that unique link, the user is taken to the shopping cart with the item in it for the accepted offer price. If it is declined, a typical "im sorry" email is sent to the customer.

This would put this contribution over the edge! Anybody think it is doable?

Thanks,

Shawn

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks the makers of this wonder contribution. The latest release has a typo in the code though...

Error in code:

make_an_offer.php

Line 45:

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($procuctid...

Correct code:

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($productid...

Another feature that would be nice to have for this contribution, and I am not sure if it is doable or not...

Have the offers post in the admin control panel. You could have check boxes for all the offers on one page, Offer Accepted or Offer Declined. The page could show the original price and the offer price for easy viewing. The admin could easily go through 100 offers for all the various products in a matter of seconds and accept or reject them.

If the offer is accepted, the customer is sent an email verification link. When the user clicks that unique link, the user is taken to the shopping cart with the item in it for the accepted offer price. If it is declined, a typical "im sorry" email is sent to the customer.

This would put this contribution over the edge! Anybody think it is doable?

Thanks,

Shawn

I would also like to see this option added as well if possible.

I just installed version 3.0 and after following all directions, the site still works, but the MOA button is missing. I double checked all code and am pretty sure that I have followed directions all the way through. Was wondering if someone could troubleshoot it with me.

http://www.jadespot.com/catalog/

That is the site in which it is running on.

Thanks

P.S.

I can include the code as needed.

Edited by SakamotoKazuma

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently in the process of setting up a New Store and have installed this contrubution as I think it will be very useful to me, however I currently have a number of issues with it and I am hoping that I can get some help here please. I am not very conversant with programming in PHP.

The issues I have are as follows:

1. I have set "Accept Offer Directly" to false under the administration menu but the Program still appears to accept offers automatically. I would have expected that once set to false that the buyer interface would have displayed the "make an offer button" on the product description but this does not occur, so this feature does not appear to work correctly on my installation.

2. When I change the "Maximum Allowed Offer percentage" to say 15% instead of the preset 20% the program still appears to accept offers of 20% so this feature does not appear to work correctly on my installation.

3. During installation and following the instructions in english I have come accross a few areas that have caused me problems:

a.) on Page 6 of the installation instructions we are told to:

Search For:

'products_price' => '',

And Replace this with:
'products_price' => '', 'products_make_an_offer' => '',

This made it fall over and so I have left it as standard at this time

b.) on Page 20 of the installation instructions we are to to:

In catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php ADD

global $currencies, $currency;

AFTER

function calculate() {

However I was unable to locate that Instruction "function calculate() {" in my "catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php" file. So I have had to omit that instruction at this time.

c.) On Page 21 of the installation instructions we are told to:

Still in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php add

// Addition for Make An Offer
  if (MAO_ACCEPT_OFFER_DIRECTLY == 'true') {
  if (tep_session_is_registered('mao_accepted_offer')) {
	 for ($k=0, $l=sizeof($_SESSION['mao_accepted_offer']); $k<$l; $k++) {
		$pos = strpos($prid,"{");
		if ($pos === false) {
		   if ($prid == $_SESSION['mao_accepted_offer'][$k]['productid']) {
			  // Check for valuta change after an offer already has been made
			  if (strcasecmp($_SESSION['mao_accepted_offer'][$k]['initialvaluta'],$currency) == 0) {
				 // Valuta is the original valuta for the offer
				 // We have to calculate back first as the currency class will
				 // alwasy do a rate multiply. This is neccessary in case an offer
				 // has been made in a non-default currency
				 $rate = $currencies->currencies[$currency]['value'];
				 $products_price = mao_priceoffer($_SESSION['mao_accepted_offer'][$k]['newprice'])/$rate;
			  } else {
				 // Neccessary to keep the correct amount if a customer
				 // switches between different valuta
				 $products_price = mao_priceoffer($_SESSION['mao_accepted_offer'][$k]['newprice'])*(1/$currencies->currencies[$_SESSION['mao_accepted_offer'][$k]['initialvaluta']]['value']);
			  }
			  break;
		   }
		} else {
		   if (substr($prid,0,$pos) == $_SESSION['mao_accepted_offer'][$k]['productid']) {
			  // Check for valuta change after an offer already has been made
			  if (strcasecmp($_SESSION['mao_accepted_offer'][$k]['initialvaluta'],$currency) == 0) {
				 // Valuta is the original valuta for the offer
				 // We have to calculate back first as the currency class will
				 // alwasy do a rate multiply. This is neccessary in case an offer
				 // has been made in a non-default currency
				 $products_price = mao_priceoffer($_SESSION['mao_accepted_offer'][$k]['newprice'])/$rate + $cart->attributes_price($prid);
			  } else {
				 // Neccessary to keep the correct amount if a customer
				 // switches between different valuta
				 $products_price = mao_priceoffer($_SESSION['mao_accepted_offer'][$k]['newprice'])*(1/$currencies->currencies[$_SESSION['mao_accepted_offer'][$k]['initialvaluta']]['value']) + $cart->attributes_price($prid);
			  }
			  break;
		   }
		}
	 }
  }
  }

just before

$products_array[] = array('id' => $products_id,
						 'name' => $products['products_name'],
						 'model' => $products['products_model'],
						 'image' => $products['products_image'],
						 'price' => $products_price,
						 'quantity' => $this->contents[$products_id]['qty'],
						 'weight' => $products['products_weight'],
						 'final_price' => ($products_price + $this->attributes_price($products_id)),
						 'tax_class_id' => $products['products_tax_class_id'],
						 'attributes' => (isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']) ? $this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'] : ''));

However this instruction makes the program come up with a division by 0 error when a customer uses the "Make an Offer" when it is used. When Omitting this modification everything seems to work fine. I am only using english as a language on my site and only US dollars as currency.

Any Help I can get getting this great contribution to work properly would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all

Hi,

I have just finished my installation of this add-on, and here are some issues I noticed:

1. catalog/admin/categories.php

You want us to add:

<!-- Activate or deactivate the Make an Offer button -->
<?php
      if ($products['products_make_an_offer'] == '1') {
	echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_status_green_mao.gif', IMAGE_ICON_STATUS_OFFER_DEACTIVATE, 10, 10) . '  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'action=setflagoffer&flag=0&pID=' . $products['products_id'] . '&cPath=' . $cPath) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_status_red_light_mao.gif', IMAGE_ICON_STATUS_RED_LIGHT, 10, 10) . '</a>';
      } else {
	echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'action=setflagoffer&flag=1&pID=' . $products['products_id'] . '&cPath=' . $cPath) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_status_green_light_mao.gif', IMAGE_ICON_STATUS_OFFER_ACTIVATE, 10, 10) . '</a>  ' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_status_red_mao.gif', IMAGE_ICON_STATUS_RED, 10, 10);
      }
?></td>
<td class="dataTableContent" align="center">

around line 924. However, you never defined the constants IMAGE_ICON_STATUS_OFFER_DEACTIVATE and IMAGE_ICON_STATUS_OFFER_ACTIVATE. These are neither in the SQL file for the configuration table nor in any file.

2. admin/categories.php

First you want us to do:

Search For:
$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_INFO . ' ' . $currencies->format($pInfo->products_price) . '<br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY_INFO . ' ' . $pInfo->products_quantity);

And Replace this with:
$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_MAKE_AN_OFFER . ' ' . ($pInfo->products_make_an_offer ? TEXT_PRODUCT_MAKE_AN_OFFER_YES : TEXT_PRODUCT_MAKE_AN_OFFER_NO) . '<br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_INFO . ' ' . $currencies->format($pInfo->products_price) . '<br><br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY_INFO . ' ' . $pInfo->products_quantity);

then later:

Search For:
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_MAKE_AN_OFFER . ' ' . ($pInfo->products_make_an_offer ? TEXT_PRODUCT_MAKE_AN_OFFER_YES : TEXT_PRODUCT_MAKE_AN_OFFER_NO) . '<br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_INFO . ' ' . $currencies->format($pInfo->products_price) . '<br><br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY_INFO . ' ' . $pInfo->products_quantity);

And Replace With:
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_IS_SPECIAL . ' ' . ($product_is_special ? TEXT_PRODUCT_IS_SPECIAL_YES : TEXT_PRODUCT_IS_SPECIAL_NO) . '<br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_MAKE_AN_OFFER . ' ' . ($pInfo->products_make_an_offer ? TEXT_PRODUCT_MAKE_AN_OFFER_YES : TEXT_PRODUCT_MAKE_AN_OFFER_NO) . '<br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_INFO . ' ' . $currencies->format($pInfo->products_price) . '<br><br>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY_INFO . ' ' . $pInfo->products_quantity);

3. (SakamotoKazuma)

Next search for:
   <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

And Add just above that:
   <?php
   if ($product_info['products_make_an_offer'] == true) {
   ?>
      <td class="main" align="right">
      <?php if (MAO_ACCEPT_OFFER_DIRECTLY == 'false') { ?>
         <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAKE_AN_OFFER, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_make_an_offer.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_MAKE_AN_OFFER) . '</a>'; ?>
      <?php
      }
      ?>
      </td>
   <?php
   }
   ?>

In order to actually get the submit button displayed, this line:

<?php if (MAO_ACCEPT_OFFER_DIRECTLY == 'false') { ?>

needs to be changed to

<?php if (MAO_ACCEPT_OFFER_DIRECTLY == 'true') { ?>

4. catalog/make_an_offer.php

line 45:

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($procuctid,$product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

should be

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($productid,$product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

Cheers,

Pepe

One more thing.

You made this input box on a product page to enter your offer. But the "Make new offer" button is simply a link, it's not submitting the input field at all. So in this situation the input box is pretty useless...

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same problem as a few postings back - on the the make an offer button appearing in the product info page. Have checked the settings in admin. Tried both ways. Display cart after adding product - tried true and false. Did double check product_info.php for any errors in the <td>*****</td> section of button_make offer image. Nothing out of the ordinary.

This is the second time I have installed this mod v3.0. I did not receive any error reading in either the first or second time.

Looking for some suggestions on what might be happening.

Thanks.

blr044

I am having the same problem as a few postings back - on the the make an offer button appearing in the product info page. Have checked the settings in admin. Tried both ways. Display cart after adding product - tried true and false. Did double check product_info.php for any errors in the <td>*****</td> section of button_make offer image. Nothing out of the ordinary.

This is the second time I have installed this mod v3.0. I did not receive any error reading in either the first or second time.

Looking for some suggestions on what might be happening.

Thanks.

blr044

It is working fine now. Forgot about the on/off settings under categories & products in admin.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wondering if any one can help me. I have the latest version of this contribution installed on a modified shopping cart. It's almost working perfectly, the only part that is not "working" is the capture and display of the correct price in the "make an offer" page that allows a client to submit the offered price.

Right now the product price is $50. For some reason the "Make an offer page" showed "$0" then I applied a change to line 45 of the make_an_offer.php as suggested earlier in this forum and now it's showing:

Send us your offer for:

test product ($1,935.00)

So something is off for sure in the way it gets the price and converts it to "show" it.

This is the code from the "make_an_offer.php"

(I had to cut up the "make_an_offer.php" to work with my template system but that part is not affecting it i'm sure....)

<?php
/*
 $Id: make_an_offer.php,v 1.00 2005/03/15

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2005 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_MAKE_AN_OFFER);

// add customer details (1/1) paulm 2004/04/02
//  if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))
//  {
//	$name = $customer_first_name . ' ' . $customer_last_name;
//	$email = $customer_email_address;
//  }
 // end add customer details

if (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
$productid = $originalproductid;
 } else {
$productid = $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'];
 }

// Get the product info
 $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$productid . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
//	$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

// Price without currency symbols
$products_price_clean = tep_round(tep_add_tax($new_price * $rate,tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])),$currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_places']);

} else {
$products_price = $currencies->display_price($productid,$product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

// Price without currency symbols
$products_price_clean = tep_round(tep_add_tax($product_info['products_price'] * $rate,tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])),$currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_places']);

}

$error = false;
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'send')) {
$name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['name']);
$email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['email']);
$remarks = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['remarks']);
$newprice = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['newprice']);
$originalproductid = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['originalproductid']);
$originalprice = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['originalprice']);
$subject = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['subject']);
$subject2 = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['subject2']);

if (tep_validate_email($email_address)) {

// Calculate the lowest offer accepted depending on the percentage setting
	$maxlowoffer = tep_round(($originalprice - ($originalprice * (MAO_MAX_OFFER_PERCENTAGE_ALLOWED/100))),$currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_places']);

// Manipulate the offer price so it always is in US notation before compare
	// This must be done because the INPUT field looses the decimal values
	// when using a comma for decimal seperator
	// Underneath also strips all points and commas from the value typed by
	// the customer to prevent all kind of problems with the calculation

// First split the $newprice in a part without and with decimal places
	// Check if a decimal point or comma is used at all
	if (substr($newprice,strlen($newprice)-3,1) == '.' || substr($newprice,strlen($newprice)-3,1) == ',') {
		$newprice_before = substr($newprice,0,strlen($newprice)-3);
		$newprice_after = substr($newprice,strlen($newprice)-2);
	} else {
		$newprice_before = $newprice;
		$newprice_after = '00';
	}

// Remove all commas and points for the non-decimal value given
	$newprice_before = str_replace('.','',$newprice_before);
	$newprice_before = str_replace(',','',$newprice_before);

// Put all back together again
	$newprice = tep_round($newprice_before . '.' . $newprice_after,$currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_places']);

if ($maxlowoffer <= $newprice) {

// (Re)create the right format for the email
		$newprice = number_format(tep_round($newprice,$currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_places']), $currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_places'], $currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_point'], $currencies->currencies[$currency]['thousands_point']);

$subject .= ' ' . $currencies->currencies[$currency]['symbol_left'] .  $newprice . ' ' . $currencies->currencies[$currency]['symbol_right'] . '\n' . EMAIL_DIVIDER . '\n\n' . EMAIL_USER_REMARKS . '\n\n';
		$subject = str_replace('\n',chr(13),$subject);

$subject2 .=  ' ' . $currencies->currencies[$currency]['symbol_left'] . $newprice . ' ' . $currencies->currencies[$currency]['symbol_right'] . '\n\n' . EMAIL_DIVIDER . '\n' . EMAIL_USER_REMARKS . ' ' . $name . '\n' . EMAIL_DIVIDER . '\n';
		$subject2 = str_replace('\n',chr(13),$subject2);

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT_ADMIN, $subject2 . $remarks, $name, $email_address);

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['sendemail'] == true) {
		  tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT_CUSTOMER, $subject . $remarks, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
		}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAKE_AN_OFFER, 'action=success'));
	} else {
		$error = true;
		// (Re)create the right format for display
		$newprice = number_format(tep_round($newprice,$currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_places']), $currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_places'], $currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_point'], $currencies->currencies[$currency]['thousands_point']);

$messageStack->add('lowoffer', ENTRY_LOW_OFFER_CHECK_ERROR);
	}
} else {
	$error = true;

$messageStack->add('contact', ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_CHECK_ERROR);
}
 }

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Yari Gio

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I just finished the install and while I see it in Admin, I do not see it in the customer's view on the site.

Http://www.nothingbutromance.com

What did I do wrong?

I DO know that I got confused with the instructions because some of the instructions ran in with the code...so that could be it, but where?

Can I suggest that in the future, instructions like AFTER or BEFORE are in bold so that those of us that are code-challenged stand a chance of getting it right the first time? :blush:

I'm not getting any errors ...so far.... just never see the Make An Offer :huh:

HELP!

OK, think I should add, I see the area in Admin to edit, and read in a post here that you have to turn on this feature per product , either as added to site or edited, so I went into the few test items I have and there is NOTHING about Make An Offer at all there for me to edit .

SOooo....it can't show up until I edit it, but it doesn't show up where I'm supposed to edit it..... <_<

I'm gonna go play on Pogo for a few and clear the cache in my head :huh:

Hopefully someone will still be awake and can help me finish this up before I go to bed..please oh please oh please :blush:

Thanks!

I should have left it alone when extremely tired! ..but I didn't and now when you click on a product's title you get :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/jnothing/public_html/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/jnothing/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 25

What did I do and how do I fix it?

I see posts like this everywhere, but no real answers on how to fix it.

HELP!!!! <_<

Apparently, I'm the only person reading (and posting to) this thread. I'm adding one more update in the hopes that someone will stumble upon this and HELP!

I removed ALL of the things I had added yesterday and got the site working again. Thought I would start with this contribution FIRST since the other things I added (Log Out contribution and a USPS one) worked perfectly until I started on this Make An Offer.

I am still stuck at the area I posted above.....

In the update_v2.2_to_v3.0_install_english.txt, right before step 6, it tells you to replace some code in catalog/product_info.php

As you can see from my post above, I do not have the area to replace that is shown... that I can find.....I'm receiving errors, but I'm thinking its because I have done everything BUT that one code change. Where do I replace or add that code?????

Someone PLEASE help! I'm getting desperate enough now to start a new thread, which will probably get me into trouble <_< , but at this point, I just need to get this done! I have eBay customer's waiting for us to enter our stock and they use the Best Offer option on eBay and want to use it here. Since this contribution mentions that you have to "turn it on" per product, I don't want to start adding books and have problems later.

Please, can someone give me a heads up on where in that file the code needs to go?

You can see a copy of my file above in the thread before this one.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just unstalled this and get a blank page in the admin area under MAKE AN OFFER. All you see is the page title and the words, title, value, action :blink:

I double checked to see that the query below was added correctly as I see the same thing happend to another user.

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Maximum allowed offer percentage', 'MAO_MAX_OFFER_PERCENTAGE_ALLOWED', '20', 
'The maximum percentage of the official price you will 
accept an offer for (ie. if the set price is 100 all offers below 80 will not be accepted for the default of 20%.).', 
last_insert_id (), '0', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL);

I'm pretty stuck as I don't know where to check since there is no error messages :rolleyes:

Edited by greena

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Make An Offer 1.0

This contribution will add an extra button to the product information page through which a visitor can send the shop owner an offer for that specific product. The shop owner will receive an email for the offer and after that can negiotate a little more with the potential

customer if needed. This contribution is of course only useful for shops which

do not neccessarily have a fixed price set on the product.

Contribution Link

Just want to say thanks for this great contribution, especialy in the time we are in right now with the economy being so bad, at least now I can offer others who are having to penny pinch an option to do so and hopefuly bring in more sales seeing as how in the last few months I really haven't been getting any. Just died off all of the sudden.

Thanks again and hopefuly now this will change.

Installed it and it works perfectly even with CCGV, totals all come out correctly.

Just wondering what is the page make_an_offer.php for?

Of it's non functional anymore which is what I made of from some of the posts then no need to reply

thanks

Angel

There isn't a box or anything to inform the customer on how it works so I added a tooltip to my "Make and offer" table cell on mouseover. Incase they don't understand. I really don't want them playing around all confused on my site. The faster they can figure out how to order the better.(You can change the text of course)

For instance I want if someone rolls the mouse over the cell for

some instructions to pop up like they do for images

Adds a tooltip.

Also these days figured people would understand more, since it seems to have become the big thing, "Pay What You Can" with "make and offer" underneath it.... for my text instead of just "Make an offer".

People would be more familiar with it since lot's of places all over the news have been doing it. Might help my search listing if someone searches for the new term...just a suggestion.

Find in catalog/product_info.php:

<td align="center" class="maooffer"><?php echo ENTRY_NEW_PRICE; ?>

after:

class="maooffer"

Add:

title="Input your offer here and click add to cart. If accepted this item will be placed into your shopping cart."

So you should have:

<td align="center" class="maooffer" title="Input your offer here and click add to cart. If accepted this item will be placed into your shopping cart."><?php echo ENTRY_NEW_PRICE; ?>

You can see it here: http://www.youhaveanangel.com/catalog/brow...dbag-p-464.html

Easier than installing a pop up box and link and new page and all that jazz.

Edited by angelstudio54

• 2 weeks later...

I like this contrib.

But it's not working correctly for me,

Yesterday I couldn't get the button to show at all. After reading all the posts I made some changes, corrected a few things

and presto there it was.

I tested it, and it worked, with a maximum of 20 percent off the listed retail price. I recieved emails both as customer and store owner.

What I didn't realise until later is, It will only show for one product. Although I have it turned on for many other products. the button will only show for one. for all the others I get the imput box to make an offer, but the mao buttin is mia

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?

and how I might fix it.

Its just wierd.

Thanx in advance,

Nancy

• 5 months later...

Well I finally got to contribute something :)

I uploaded a full package (v3.1) with the all the modified files for a 2.2RC2a Vanilla Store. Here are the updates I included:

-Added all the Modified Files for a clean Install

-Added Beginning/End Comments where needed for those files

-Fixed Error in 'make_an_offer.php' that caused item and original price not to appear in email offers sent to shop owner. Credit to Shawnm Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:43 PM

-Added 'mouseover' note informing customer how to use the direct offer box. Credit to angelstudio54 Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

-Changed grammatical error in English>make_an_offer.php "Your order has been successfully send.." to "Your offer has been successfully sent.."

Again, Thanks to Wheel of Time for this great contribution! Sorry for English only, but I didn't want to insult the Dutch people by trying to edit a php file in their language and make a mess of it.

edit: oh yea, you can find it here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3034

Edited by coolfly

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folkz! B)

I just installed this contrib to a test shop and found out some problems, which you hopefully can help me with:

1) i can see the contrib in my shop just for one product, and in the admin area the red signs are all "on" and the green are all "off", even on the one product, where i can make an offer at in my shop.

2) the product i can make an offer for has a regular price of 79 EUR incl. tax. but when i want to make an offer, there is shown, that the original price is 191.707,91 EUR :blink:

but this value is not used, the contrib still works with 79 EUR.

3) If I make an offer for let's say 69 EUR, the price is taken into the shopping cart, but tax will be added. I would prefer, that the offered price includes tax already.

4) if i switch on the automatic acception, the item is put to the shopping card directly. but when i switch this off, i just get an e-mail with the information of the offered price. is it possible, to put the item into the cart from here as well, or does the contrib do not include this option?

I thank you all for your help. I really like this contrib, but without eliminating the above mentioned problems, I can not really use it. :'(

Best regards and take care,

Nicole