osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contrib] Make An Offer

Hi Wheeloftime, I'm using v 1.0 on estimated shipping,

on mysql: Ver 12.22 (Distrib 4.0.16)

and for php: 4.4.1

Thank you,

Brandi

There were many updates after the initial release. Better check for the latest one which applies for your shop first and see if that cures the problem.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were many updates after the initial release. Better check for the latest one which applies for your shop first and see if that cures the problem.

Sorry I'm a bit confused. So it's the estimated shipping contribution that is throwing off the price on the make an offer one?

Sorry, my bad. The MAO version of course.

Oh lol. Still not awake yet here. I have the most updated version of MAO. Just installed it yesterday. Everything works fine but just that 0.00 price that shows up on the page to make an offer and when it comes through in email. No big deal really, was just wondering if anyone might know what I'd need to tweak to fix it.

Oh lol. Still not awake yet here. I have the most updated version of MAO. Just installed it yesterday. Everything works fine but just that 0.00 price that shows up on the page to make an offer and when it comes through in email. No big deal really, was just wondering if anyone might know what I'd need to tweak to fix it.

Take a look here

That's on page 6 of this thread and as it is I never uploaded an updated version after that report :blush: I already thought to remember I had heard this problem before and voilà, that part of my brain seems to work alright :D

Anyhow, I hope, expect, this will solve your problem and I will really have to make some time to get an update out asap.

Take a look here

That's on page 6 of this thread and as it is I never uploaded an updated version after that report :blush: I already thought to remember I had heard this problem before and voilà, that part of my brain seems to work alright :D

Anyhow, I hope, expect, this will solve your problem and I will really have to make some time to get an update out asap.

Yay!! It certainly did solve it. Thank you so much Wheeloftime! :)

Hi, I just installed a 3.01, I guess, and somethings seems wrong with how it determines if ACCEPT OFFERS DIRECTLY is true of false. No matter how I set this in the admin, the form to input an offer always shows. I can never get the button to show.

If I force the button to show buy adding it directly without If = MOA=true stuff then I can get to the MOA form letter.

Anyone know why this doesn't seem to work even when it is false?

<?php if (MAO_ACCEPT_OFFER_DIRECTLY == 'false') { ?>
	 <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAKE_AN_OFFER, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_make_an_offer.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_MAKE_AN_OFFER) . '</a>'; ?>
  <?php
  }

Hi, I just installed a 3.01, I guess, and somethings seems wrong with how it determines if ACCEPT OFFERS DIRECTLY is true of false. No matter how I set this in the admin, the form to input an offer always shows. I can never get the button to show.

If I force the button to show buy adding it directly without If = MOA=true stuff then I can get to the MOA form letter.

Anyone know why this doesn't seem to work even when it is false?

<?php if (MAO_ACCEPT_OFFER_DIRECTLY == 'false') { ?>
	 <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAKE_AN_OFFER, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_make_an_offer.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_MAKE_AN_OFFER) . '</a>'; ?>
  <?php
  }

Oops, now it works, not sure what the deal was, but... yeah!!! Great Mod! Anyone have any luck getting the offers listed in the admin? The nice part of doing that would be that if the site admin, email address in config, wasn't the only person working a site, other admins could address offers without having to have a community email to check. Not to mention how it would help those sites using multi-shop or Virtual Mall type mods.

• 2 weeks later...
I ran the SQL package that came with the module. Just to make sure, I ran the SQL command you just posted, and this is the response I received:

Failed to execute SQL : SQL ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_make_an_offer` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; failed : Duplicate column name 'products_make_an_offer'

Any other suggestions?

Eric

I also have had a similar problem that I can't get resolved! MAO seems to be only partially installed and I have no Catalog, as the page for the website, and the one in the Admin Panel comes up blank too.

I am new at this and have little knowledge of pHp and MySQL. I uploaded the make_an_offer.sql file through phpMyAdmin and MySQL 4.1.20 database that is provided by a hosting server. I made the other changes through their Web Shell program.

One thing I did note was that I don't have any "Values" column in my confiquration_group! :'(

Another thing is that I don't know how to view what's in the make_an_offer.sql file or see the text for it in MySQL.

Is there any way to remove the MAO.sql from my database and try again? I need my website back! :(

This contribution would be great, if only I could get it to work! :)

I also have had a similar problem that I can't get resolved! MAO seems to be only partially installed and I have no Catalog, as the page for the website, and the one in the Admin Panel comes up blank too.

I am new at this and have little knowledge of pHp and MySQL. I uploaded the make_an_offer.sql file through phpMyAdmin and MySQL 4.1.20 database that is provided by a hosting server. I made the other changes through their Web Shell program.

One thing I did note was that I don't have any "Values" column in my confiquration_group! :'(

Another thing is that I don't know how to view what's in the make_an_offer.sql file or see the text for it in MySQL.

Is there any way to remove the MAO.sql from my database and try again? I need my website back! :(

This contribution would be great, if only I could get it to work! :)

ManFromMars,

The sql file is just a normal text file you van view/edit with any text editor (like you do ie. with php files).

You can copy/paste only those parts from the sql file to the phpMyAdmin SQL tab which seem to not have run yet.

That blank page though has nothing to do with those SQL statements, somewhere you made a mistake when applying changes. Check for spaces at the end of the index.php file (after the last ?> tag).

Howard

ManFromMars,

The sql file is just a normal text file you van view/edit with any text editor (like you do ie. with php files).

You can copy/paste only those parts from the sql file to the phpMyAdmin SQL tab which seem to not have run yet.

That blank page though has nothing to do with those SQL statements, somewhere you made a mistake when applying changes. Check for spaces at the end of the index.php file (after the last ?> tag).

Howard

Howard,

Thanks for the quick reply and the info about viewing the .php files!

Even though you say it is not related to my blank page problem, could you still give me more information about inserting the SQL statement into the configuration_group "Values", which I don't find?

Also, I checked my index.php and did not find an error as you mentioned. In fact, that file was not included in any changes, was it? It it the same on my test site as it is in my site that I am running online, so I can't see the problem as being related to that.

I double-checked my other cut-and-paste entries and found some minor errors, nothing major, but still I have a blank Catalog! :(

Howard,

Thanks for the quick reply and the info about viewing the .php files!

Even though you say it is not related to my blank page problem, could you still give me more information about inserting the SQL statement into the configuration_group "Values", which I don't find?

Also, I checked my index.php and did not find an error as you mentioned. In fact, that file was not included in any changes, was it? It it the same on my test site as it is in my site that I am running online, so I can't see the problem as being related to that.

I double-checked my other cut-and-paste entries and found some minor errors, nothing major, but still I have a blank Catalog! :(

Hello Stan,

No, the index.php should not be involved with the changes but I can not tell if you maybe made some other changes on the line also which could have affected this. It would be nice if you can give us a link to your shop URL to hopefully see what happens as without more information it is almost impossible to tell what is going on.

I am not sure what you mean with 'inserting into the configuration_group 'Values' ?

The SQL statements say:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_make_an_offer` TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` VALUES ('', 'Make An Offer', 'The options to configure the MAO button.', '1', '1');

UPDATE `configuration_group` SET sort_order = last_insert_id() WHERE `configuration_group_id` = last_insert_id();

SET @id_config = last_insert_id();

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Accept offer directly', 'MAO_ACCEPT_OFFER_DIRECTLY', 'true', 'Add an accepted offer directly to the shopping cart', @id_config, '1', NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),'),

('', 'Maximum allowed offer percentage', 'MAO_MAX_OFFER_PERCENTAGE_ALLOWED', '20', 'The maximum percentage of the official price you will accept an offer for (ie. if the set price is 100 all offers below 80 will not be accepted for the default of 20%.).', @id_config, '2', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL);

This whole piece you paste into the SQL block within phpMyAdmin and after running that it should be it.

If you get an error that something from these already exists and want to start clean you have to go to phpMyAdmin and first go to the configuration_group table.

There you will find an entry Make An Offer which you simply delete.

Then you go to the tabel Configuration and look for MAO entries (probably on the last page if this was the last contrib you were working on). Delete all entries where you see MAO amongt the configuration_key field.

After that you can try again with the SQL commands as a whole.

Howard

Hello Stan,

No, the index.php should not be involved with the changes but I can not tell if you maybe made some other changes on the line also which could have affected this. It would be nice if you can give us a link to your shop URL to hopefully see what happens as without more information it is almost impossible to tell what is going on.

Howard

Howard,

My test site that I am using is www.marswaupaca.com/catalog, but as I said it is a blank page!

I did get my Admin Catalog page to come back in view. I somehow had pasted a partial duplicate statement in Admin/Categories.php! :-" Now, I can see the buttons on the products there!

The next time I ever do this, I am going to check my site after every change, so I will know where a problem is!

As it is, I am having to go over everything I entered, which takes a whole day, and this is my third time!

Where can I get info about php/sql spacing errors, the phpMyAdmin viewer color code, and what things like "tep", "href", and so on mean?

I did remove and replace the sql, as you suggested, and this time no error about the duplicate entry came up. So I won't worry about the "Values" question. Also, my webpage didn't come back when I removed the MAO stuff anyway, so that would indicate that that's not where the problem is.

Stan

Howard,

My test site that I am using is www.marswaupaca.com/catalog, but as I said it is a blank page!

I did get my Admin Catalog page to come back in view. I somehow had pasted a partial duplicate statement in Admin/Categories.php! :-" Now, I can see the buttons on the products there!

The next time I ever do this, I am going to check my site after every change, so I will know where a problem is!

As it is, I am having to go over everything I entered, which takes a whole day, and this is my third time!

Where can I get info about php/sql spacing errors, the phpMyAdmin viewer color code, and what things like "tep", "href", and so on mean?

I did remove and replace the sql, as you suggested, and this time no error about the duplicate entry came up. So I won't worry about the "Values" question. Also, my webpage didn't come back when I removed the MAO stuff anyway, so that would indicate that that's not where the problem is.

Stan

Hi Stan,

It would have been strange if MAO was responsible for the blank page but what is causing it is hard to tell this way. I could have a look if you like though. As for documentation on the osC programming part I am afraid there is little to nothing. It is learning while doing like most of us, including me, and step by step learning the interaction between the different parts of osCommerce. The 'tep' is just a programming default naming standard and used for the various functions inside the function libraries. When you are going to invent a new function to be used in some part of osCommerce it is meant to use the tep in front of the name, like ie. tep_my_new_function(parameter 1, parameter 2,..).

Howard

Hi Stan,

It would have been strange if MAO was responsible for the blank page but what is causing it is hard to tell this way. I could have a look if you like though. As for documentation on the osC programming part I am afraid there is little to nothing. It is learning while doing like most of us, including me, and step by step learning the interaction between the different parts of osCommerce. The 'tep' is just a programming default naming standard and used for the various functions inside the function libraries. When you are going to invent a new function to be used in some part of osCommerce it is meant to use the tep in front of the name, like ie. tep_my_new_function(parameter 1, parameter 2,..).

Howard

Howard,

I found the problem! I did not hit a save button in the Web Shell for saving files & settings! I had been saving all the file changes in each section, but didn't know I had to do an overall Save! :blush:

Now I have get a .gif for the MAO button and find out why I get a blank page when I hit the present button! At least I can see the results now! :D

One more thing! I had to create the "new files" that you put under !!! Backup!!! Backup!!!, as they weren't automatically made. Will these be filled in by the program, or am I supposed to put something there?!!!

Thanks for your help!

Stan

Howard,

I found the problem! I did not hit a save button in the Web Shell for saving files & settings! I had been saving all the file changes in each section, but didn't know I had to do an overall Save! :blush:

Now I have get a .gif for the MAO button and find out why I get a blank page when I hit the present button! At least I can see the results now! :D

One more thing! I had to create the "new files" that you put under !!! Backup!!! Backup!!!, as they weren't automatically made. Will these be filled in by the program, or am I supposed to put something there?!!!

Thanks for your help!

Stan

Stan,

The 'new files' is just saying which files are new to the osCommerce installation and will not overwrite existing files. They are not created, you have to copy them yourself from the package to the correct location(s) in your shop installation.

I hope you can find a solution quickly for the remaining problems !

Howard

Hi, I am trying to get this contrib going but this is what I get once trying to view the site:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare mao_check_offer() (previously declared in /home/*****/public_html/includes/functions/make_an_offer_to_cart.php:13) in /home//*****//public_html/includes/functions/make_an_offer_to_cart.php on line 13

when trying to comment the function out, shop loads fine, but "make an offer" is not showing on any products. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi, I am trying to get this contrib going but this is what I get once trying to view the site:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare mao_check_offer() (previously declared in /home/*****/public_html/includes/functions/make_an_offer_to_cart.php:13) in /home//*****//public_html/includes/functions/make_an_offer_to_cart.php on line 13

when trying to comment the function out, shop loads fine, but "make an offer" is not showing on any products. Any help will be greatly appreciated

You will have to go through the installation steps again carefully as somewhere you are calling this function twice. It could be that you have put the following twice in your (catalog)/includes/application_top.php

// define how the mao functions will be used
  require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'make_an_offer_to_cart.php');

Howard

Hi Howard, thank you for such quick reply. You were right, I had declared it twice. I had fixed that, but now "Make an offer" does not show up in catalog at all. Well, maybe this will not work for me after all.

Hi Paul,

Well, there is not much reason why it wouldn't work with your shop ! Check if you have the admin->configuration->Make an Offer menu and whether you have the option 'Accept offer directly' set to true or false. Depending on that you should have either a button in your products pages or an entry box where you can type an amount. As this is on a per product base you will have to mark your products eligible for accepting an offer yes or no which you have to do when you create/edit products through the admin. If no products are marked to be able to accept an offer you will see nothing of MAO in your catalog !

regards,

Howard

• 1 month later...

i'm sure this has been asked already, but i'm not sure what phrases i would use to search the topic for the solution.

problem:

when somebody suggests a price that is lower than the auto accept, the customer is redirected to an empty shopping cart. anyway to tell them there offer is too low instead, or even display a message in the empty cart?

my original price is also still showing on product_info.php (shouldn't this be hidden? did i miss an edit?)

i'd found the solution to my 1st problem by shutting off auto redirect after adding an item to the cart... but is it possible to display a message? because even when the auto redirect is off, there's nothing telling them there offer is too low.

also, i don't seem to be getting offer emails. what do i have to check there?

and lastly: what happens when a non-registerd user makes a low offer, how do you communicate with them? as their email address and such isn't in the database.

ok i was able to figure it all out. the auto add to cart thingy wasn't what i needed anyway, the off option fit the shop much better :)

thank you for uploading this contribution wheeloftime, it's very useful!

ok i was able to figure it all out. the auto add to cart thingy wasn't what i needed anyway, the off option fit the shop much better :)

thank you for uploading this contribution wheeloftime, it's very useful!

Hi there eww!

Not much to add I guess since you already answered the questions you had :thumbsup:

I just hope the contribution is usefull enough for your purposes.

Cheers,

Howard