osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Reviews in Product Display v2.0

PopTheTop

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the color tags will have nothing to do with it so that is not it. I am stumped on this one as i am no PHP expert. Hopefully someone else can help.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

ok, i have fixed now :)

thx for help me out :)

But great was, when it is multi lingual, i hope anyone can do that ????

Cheers

Hobbes

P.S.

Multilingual i mean, that a costumer make an review, and other

see it in english and german language.

Not only in that language who he or she has entered.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello PopTheTop,

im again ;)

a little error i have... in in product review write, when i have opened isse

the product image. Under That, Click to enlarge.

When i click it now, than i only see that Message.

Requested image was not found

What can i do, to fix that and that the popup_image show the right image for ?

Regards

Hobbes

• 3 weeks later...
Hello PopTheTop,

im again  ;)

a little error i have... in in product review write, when i have opened isse

the product image. Under That, Click to enlarge.

When i click it now, than i only see that Message.

Requested image was not found

What can i do, to fix that and that the popup_image show the right image for ?

Regards

Hobbes

Not quite sure as It works just fine on my site. Sorry...

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Heyo PopTheTop,  :)

i have installed dynamic moPics, i think it?s comming from this ?

Greets

Hobbes

it is the dynamic mopics contrib that does this, you need to copy the script over to the reviews page from your product info page in order to get the click to enlarge to work

• 1 month later...

@ Hobbes_TheReal

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /my site/my site/my site/shop/product_info.php on line 394

In line 394 i have this :

CODE<td align="right" class="smallText"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_REVIEWS_PRODUCT_INFO, $row, $num_rows); ?></td>

ok, i have fixed now

thx for help me out

But great was, when it is multi lingual, i hope anyone can do that ????

Cheers

Hobbes

P.S.

Multilingual i mean, that a costumer make an review, and other

see it in english and german language.

Not only in that language who he or she has entered.

How did you solve the problem?

• 1 month later...

Anyone who figured out how to show reviews in all languages (if using multilingual shop) ?

I mean, if having 2 reviews in English and 3 in French, all 5 reviews would be shown undepending on selected language.

Best regards

Crazypilot

posted in wrong place - sorry..........

i inserted the original sql giving 3 reviews on the product_info page but now want just one to be displayed on the product info page.

how do i change it? i looked at the reviews sql and changed both '3's to '1' but nothing happnened

please advise.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've reformatted the Average Customer Rating line to format properly. Here's what I did.

in catalog/product_info.php

find:

<td align="left" class="smallText"><FONT COLOR="#006699"><?php echo TEXT_REVIEW_AVERAGE . ': ' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_' . $reveiws_rating . '.gif', '', 60, 12, 'align=absmiddle') . '</a>'; ?></font></td>

replace with:

<td align="left" valign="middle" class="smallText"><font color="#006699"><?php echo TEXT_REVIEW_AVERAGE . ': ' . sprintf(tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_' . $reveiws_rating . '.gif', sprintf(BOX_AVGREVIEWS_TEXT_OF_5_STARS, $reveiws_rating), '', '', 'align=absmiddle')) ?></font></td>

in catalog/includes/languages/english.php

find:

define('BOX_REVIEWS_TEXT_OF_5_STARS', 'Rating: %s of 5 Stars');

put this BELOW it:

define('BOX_AVGREVIEWS_TEXT_OF_5_STARS', 'Average Rating: %s of 5 Stars');

hope this helps those of you who have tried desperately to get the formatting of the stars to work properly and it just didn't seem to work! :blush:

Scott

I also found this in the Review in Product Display v1.0 thread and thought it might be useful to cross post it. I'm going to try to implement it personally - if I need to change stuff to make the 2 contribs integrate, I'll post the code here.

Scott

----------------

original post

For anyone wishing to use this with the Review Approval System contribution then I have found the change required to make sure the review doesn't appear in your product info unless it is approved...

In product_reviews_info.php find this

$reviews_query = tep_db_query("select r.reviews_id, r.customers_name, r.date_added, rd.reviews_text, r.reviews_rating FROM reviews r, reviews_description rd WHERE r.reviews_id = rd.reviews_id AND r.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' AND rd.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' ORDER BY r.date_added DESC LIMIT " . MAX_REVIEWS);

and replace with this

$reviews_query = tep_db_query("select r.reviews_id, r.customers_name, r.date_added, rd.reviews_text, r.reviews_rating FROM reviews r, reviews_description rd WHERE r.reviews_id = rd.reviews_id AND r.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' AND rd.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and r.approved = '1' ORDER BY r.date_added DESC LIMIT " . MAX_REVIEWS);

hope this is of use to someone

• 10 months later...

Greetings,

I just stumbled upon this contrib and it looks great on the test site. It does appear to be one of the more complicated contribs I have dealt with to date, which I have only been dealing with osCommerce and contribs for less than 30 days, and to show for that I have a question on the 2nd step :)

Step 2:

ADD to your database with phpMyAdmin or whatever you like...

SQL file to add: product_reviews.sql

I'm not sure exactly how to do this. This is what I have tried so far:

Loaded up my phpMyAdmin CPanel

Selected and loaded my stores database

Found the field "Create new table on database"

Entered products_review.sql

Then it asks for number of fields. I entered 1

Now a new screen loads showing:

Table: product_reviews.sql

Field

Type

Length/Values

Attributes

Null

Extra

This is where I just stopped and backed out. I have found no documentation anywhere on this contrib or so far anywhere else that explains what I need to put in here. Or if I'm even doing it right in the first place.

I look foward to using this contrib and hope I haven't forced your palm to hit your forehead. HAHA Off to work!

Edited by RBGalaxy

• 5 months later...

I love the contribution. Fixed a small "bug" I found. Installed it tonight on a new shop I will be running, and my wife left an extra-long byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in a test review that caused the table to stretch. Wouldn't think this a big problem, however on the shop I am running now, I occasionally get those extra-long words or exclamation bits so it WILL eventually happen, and I think it's a little embarassing, personally.

I uploaded the contribution with the change:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/734

But for those that wish to update their code:

In product_info.php

Find:

htmlspecialchars($reviews_values['reviews_text'])

Replace with:

tep_break_string(nl2br(tep_output_string_protected($reviews_values['reviews_text'])), 60, '-<br>')

Edited by desiredin

Hi there,

Three pipe problem

After weeks of experimenting I got stuck in trying to get product ranking in the Admin side.

I want to rank products (books) in the admin panel without the use of the review module.

It is a ranking done by the administrator and it is fixed for each product. It seems simple

but I can't find where to do it and how.

How does it work?

As the administrator I want to rank a booktitle with 3 stars stars (out of 5) in the admin side (add product page).

When a customer finds the book in the webshop they see this ranking by the display of these three stars.

This ranking works independently from the review ranking (there is no link).

Can somebody please help me?

Kind regards,

Jeff

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Looking at v2.3 and in instruction says to look at catalouge/product_info.php and find

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
			<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

to replace. I can not see this, as my product_info.php is as follows...

<?php
/*
 $Id: product_info.php,v 1.2 2003/09/24 14:33:16 wilt Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);

$content = CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO;
 $javascript = 'popup_window.js';

require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . TEMPLATE_NAME . '/' . TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE);

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

PLEASE HELP!

I also have a product_info.php in includes/languages/english (which is what I think the one in catalogue is pointing to). It has the following...

<?php
/*
 $Id: product_info.php,v 1.1.1.1 2003/09/18 19:04:28 wilt Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Product Information');
define('PAGE_TITLE', 'Product Information');
define('TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND', 'Product not found!');
define('TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS', 'Current Reviews:');
define('TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION', 'For more information, please visit this products <a href="%s" target="_blank"><u>webpage</u></a>.');
define('TEXT_DATE_ADDED', 'This product was added to our catalog on %s.');
define('TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE', '<font color="#ff0000">This product will be in stock on %s.</font>');
define('TEXT_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS', 'Customers who bought this product also purchased');
define('TEXT_PRODUCT_OPTIONS', 'Available Options:');
define('TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE', 'Click to enlarge');
define('TEXT_XSELL_PRODUCTS', 'We Also Recommend :');
define('TEXT_NO_MOPICS', 'Coming soon!');

/* 
Distinction changed as per extranet request 30/10/07
-----------------------------------------------------

define('TEXT_HEADING_DOES_IT_FIT', 'Does this fit your car?');
define('TEXT_DOES_IT_FIT', 'If your car is not listed above from the fitment menu then tailor made frames are not available for your make and model of car and you will need to choose universal frames and runners or side mounts where available. For more information about side mounts, subframes, runners and seat fittings. Then <a href="' .  tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX, 'section=25') . '">click here</a>.');

define('TEXT_HEADING_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION', 'Got a question? Check the FAQ section');
define('TEXT_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION', 'We regularly get the same questions asked over and over again. So to help provide you with all the information you require we have the <a href="' .  tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX, 'section=27') . '">FAQ section</a> which we hope should answer all your questions. If not simply <a href="' .  tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">contact us</a> and we will be happy to help.');

define('TEXT_HEADING_DELIVERY_INFORMATION', 'Delivery Information');
define('TEXT_DELIVERY_INFORMATION', 'Our standard delivery time on items is 2-3 working days unless otherwise stated on our website or by our sales staff.');

define('TEXT_HEADING_DISCOUNT_ZONE', 'Additional Information');
define('TEXT_DISCOUNT_ZONE', 'If you would prefer to buy over the phone and talk to one of our sales staff instead of ordering online, simply drop us an <a href="' .  tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">email</a> with your contact details, the seats you are interested in and the best time to contact you and a member of our sales team will call to aid with your purchase.');
*/

define('TEXT_HEADING_DOES_IT_FIT', 'Delivery time important information!');
define('TEXT_DOES_IT_FIT', 'We are keen to provide all the information possible which is why we wrote this <a href="http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/delivery-information-s-53.html">guide to delivery times</a>. This explains how long it takes to dispatch seats that are in stock to seats that are custom hand made. Please read this information before ordering so you know how long it will take to dispatch the seats you are ordering.');

define('TEXT_HEADING_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION', 'Products and seats explained');
define('TEXT_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION', 'We have written several pages of information to explain exactly what we supply from sport seat information and FIA guides. If you are looking at buying some bucket seats then please read our <a href="http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/bucket-seats-explained-s-35.html">bucket seats explained</a>. If you are looking at buying some reclining sport seats then please read our <a href="http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/reclining-seats-explained-s-34.html">reclining seats explained</a>. Do you need to know how to fit them? We have our <a href="http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/fitting-frames-explained-s-25.html">fitting frames explained</a> and <a href="http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/side-mounts-explained-s-37.html">side mounts explained</a> information.');

define('TEXT_HEADING_DELIVERY_INFORMATION', 'Delivery time important information!');
define('TEXT_DELIVERY_INFORMATION', 'We are keen to provide all the information possible which is why we wrote this <a href="http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/delivery-information-s-53.html">guide to delivery times</a>. This explains how long it takes to dispatch seats that are in stock to seats that are custom hand made. Please read this information before ordering so you know how long it will take to dispatch the seats you are ordering.');

define('TEXT_HEADING_DISCOUNT_ZONE', 'Online transactions and outside UK sales');
define('TEXT_DISCOUNT_ZONE', 'Please be aware that for security reasons all sales made outside of the UK using our automated online shopping cart must match our security checks to protect our customers. Please <a href="http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/information.php?info_id=2">click here</a> to read more information relating to our payment system and the 3D security checks which have been upgraded.');

define('TEXT_HEADING_PRODUCT_OPTIONS', 'Product Options');
?>

anybody got problem with tables ??

everything is working great, but something is wrong with <table> - <tr><td> i think. The code i copied 3 times (for make sure is good) and is the same what should be (i'm sure problem must be somewhere in catalog/product_info.php) , so where is the problem ??

wrong_reviews.jpg

if screenshot doesn't work, please check the website: Visit My Website

Website is in Polish language :P:P

Edited by oner

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the following error when I did a test run on adding a new review: I guess I'm missing something from my database? Could someone send me detail instructions on how to resolve this? Yes...I did successfully upload the product_reviews.sql fie. Thank you!!!! :rolleyes:

1054 - Unknown column 'location' in 'field list'

insert into reviews (products_id, customers_id, customers_name, location, reviews_value_rating, reviews_title, reviews_rating, reviews_experience, date_added) values ('79', '4', 'Jane','Dallas', '5', '', '5', 'I currently use it.', now())

[TEP STOP]

Hi Adrian - I had to play around with the design a little. I actually moved all the buttons into one cell, then I merged all the cells containing the buttons into one cell and just manually spaced them. I use an editing software, so I could see the design layout. I guess it's not the "fancy" way of doing things, but it was quick and did the job. :)

anybody got problem with tables ??

everything is working great, but something is wrong with <table> - <tr><td> i think. The code i copied 3 times (for make sure is good) and is the same what should be (i'm sure problem must be somewhere in catalog/product_info.php) , so where is the problem ??

wrong_reviews.jpg

if screenshot doesn't work, please check the website: Visit My Website

Website is in Polish language :P :P

• 1 month later...

Has anyone used this mod in conjuction with one of the tabbed product display contributions? I'd love to have the reviews show in one of the tab panes.