• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Per item multiple shipping costs

Hi, I trust someone can help/guide me.

I require a shipping costing module that can be similar to the table method, but on a per item basis. (same product-different sizes, one price.)

eg: 1 item: $6.00, 2 to 4 items $8.40, 5 to 10 items $11.90 etc.

In the table shipping, I tried the above, alternating between Price and Weight, but only one shipping price shows in the order confirmation page, regardless of how many items.

I also tried doing a similar setup in the per item shipping, however, the shipping reverted to $1.00, regardless of how many items.

Is there a contribution, adding a per item/multiple cost for the table module, in addition to the price/weight buttons, eg: price , weight, item ???

or a per item, multiple costing for shipping multiple items with the capability of amending prices/number of items ???

or any other method of doing same.

Grateful thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...
Hi, I trust someone can help/guide me.

I require a shipping costing module that can be similar to the table method, but on a per item basis. (same product-different sizes, one price.)

eg: 1 item: $6.00, 2 to 4 items $8.40, 5 to 10 items $11.90 etc.

In the table shipping, I tried the above, alternating between Price and Weight, but only one shipping price shows in the order confirmation page, regardless of how many items.

I also tried doing a similar setup in the per item shipping, however, the shipping reverted to $1.00, regardless of how many items.

Is there a contribution, adding a per item/multiple cost for the table module, in addition to the price/weight buttons, eg: price , weight, item ???

or a per item, multiple costing for shipping multiple items with the capability of amending prices/number of items ???

or any other method of doing same.

Grateful thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

We have a similar situation going on in our store. In our situation, we have t-shirts that weigh different amounts depending on the size that's ordered. A small women's fitted shirt might weigh only 0.22 pounds, while the 3XL men's version of the same shirt with the same design might weigh half a pound. Regardless if the weight, though, most of our shirts can easily fit within a USPS Priority Mail flat-rate envelope. In fact, we can usually ship TWO shirts in a single envelope. On top of this, international and domestic shipping rates are different, which means I need to be able to not only calculate shipping based on the number of items, but also based on the country to which the item is being shipped.

Until that happens, we have come up with a solution that seems to be working well, but it's not fool proof. I used the Multizone by Weight Enhancement contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ll/search,zones

This let me build any number of zones that I needed, plus build custom shipping tables which were based on weight. I figured that any orders up to 1 pound should be assumed to be going into a flat-rate envelope (unless the customer is in the U.S. and they choose the USPS Express option). For any domestic shipments above 1 pound. it would be assumed to be at least three shirts, and thus would be going into a USPS Priority Mail Flat-Rate box. International shipments over 1 pounds would be automatically shipped by USPS Priority International and the costs would be calculated by weight.

All of this to say that the contribution I mentioned above, while needs some time invested to determine your shipping tables, seems to be working well for us.

Hope this helps.

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry