• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Verisign Issues

Fanny

I made the change in verisignreturn.php but it doesn't work for me.  I added the if($HTTP_POST_VARS['RESPMSG'] == 'Approved') statement with no avail.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Please read my earlier post containing the solution -- it's the last post on page one of this thread -- it explains in detail what to do.

after making the changes about 50% of my transactions are now coming through. Should I turn off the silent post to verisignreturn.php? or should I change the silent post to the checkout_process.php?

I tried that but I am still loosing orders. Any other suggestions. Or products to consider rather than Payflow Link. I am thinking about Authorize.net. Any complaints?

after making the changes about 50% of my transactions are now coming through. Should I turn off the silent post to verisignreturn.php? or should I change the silent post to the checkout_process.php?

This fix works well. Nice job! It totally bypasses the redirect which a verisign rep informed me would no longer work.

Eureka!

For all you OSC 2.2 MS2 users using the 'Verisign PayFlow Link w/CSC new checkout process' contribution -- #2 from this email is the problem!

The file 'verisignreturn.php' collects the $_POST array and redirects the data to the 'checkout_process.php' page! Since redirects aren't allowed, this is a problem!

Here is the solution!

Open the file 'checkout_process.php'

At the top of the page paste the following code:

if($HTTP_POST_VARS['RESPMSG'] == 'Approved') {

$HTTP_POST_VARS[$HTTP_POST_VARS['USER1']] = $HTTP_POST_VARS['USER2'];
    $HTTP_GET_VARS[$HTTP_POST_VARS['USER1']] = $HTTP_POST_VARS['USER2'];
    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    reset ($HTTP_GET_VARS);

}

BEFORE this line of code:

'include('includes/application_top.php');'

This will only record the order if Verisign approves the transaction.

For those of you who are collecting the Verisign ID to store and display with your OSC orders/invoices, you may paste the following code:

$_SESSION['verisign_ref'] = $HTTP_POST_VARS['PNREF'];

. . . after the include statement mentioned above.

Sessions are not started until that include is executed. If you don't know about this mod, please search the forums (rather than ask me about it) as there are a number of modifications to be made across the system.

FINALLY -- and this is important:

Change your 'Silent Post' URI from 'verisignreturn.php' to 'checkout_process.php'

DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE:

1) The above solution is a mod of a 'contribution,' (which are 'Use At Your Own Risk' anyway) and the OSC system. Make sure you make note of this in case you update OSC!

2) Swap the PHP syntax where neccessary -- specifically, some PHP servers may require using the $_POST / $_GET super globals instead of $HTTP_POST_VARS / $HTTP_GET_VARS arrays

I sure hope this solves problems for folks!

lata,

shakes

• 4 weeks later...

great thread...im trying the fixes....

though i had a question....when running the transaction through verisign....is there away to get these fields filled for transaction info in verisign manager????

Item Description:

Tax Amount:

Ship Amount:

i looked into the Verisign.php...and there are no statements addressing those fields to get the info posted in verisign....but i dont know how to code :(.

• 1 month later...

This is a reminder that anyone who modifed the URL to https://cf.payflowlink.verisign.com/payflowlink.cfm that this URL is being removed from service on July 1, 2005.

The current URL is https://payments.verisign.com/payflowlink

For those that experienced any issues during the migration to the new URL, all known issues have been resolved. Please modify you code to point to the new URL.

Todd

Payment Services

VeriSign, Inc.

After spending over an hour on the phone with the support representative, we have temporarily fixed the problem by changing a line in the class constructor in /includes/modules/payment/payflowlink.php.

This line (line 21 in my file):

$this->form_action_url = 'https://payflowlink.verisign.com/payflowlink.cfm';

becomes this:

$this->form_action_url = 'https://cf.payflowlink.verisign.com/payflowlink.cfm';

This apparently hits their old server instead of the one they just switched to, meaning everything works as it did yesterday.  It seems to have resolved the problem for us.  I don't know if this will work for anyone or if VeriSign has to authorize accounts to hit the old server.  In any event, the rep told me that the problem should be tracked down by the engineers and resolved in the next 24-48 hours - but those of you with stores that are losing order information might want a speedier resolution.

Good luck -

• 1 month later...
Am I really the only one having this problem?

I'm trying to capture the PNREF into a mysql database. I'm using verisign's payflow pro in the code it sates " $GLOBALS['payflow_trans_id'] = $response['PNREF']; //you should pick this up in checkout_process and save it in the order" in payflowpro.php How do I do this?

I need some help please

• 2 months later...
Eureka!

For all you OSC 2.2 MS2 users using the 'Verisign PayFlow Link w/CSC new checkout process' contribution -- #2 from this email is the problem!

The file 'verisignreturn.php' collects the $_POST array and redirects the data to the 'checkout_process.php' page! Since redirects aren't allowed, this is a problem!

Here is the solution!

$HTTP_GET_VARS[$HTTP_POST_VARS['USER1']] = $HTTP_POST_VARS['USER2'];
 reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
 reset ($HTTP_GET_VARS);

}

For those of you who are collecting the Verisign ID to store and display with your OSC orders/invoices, you may paste the following code:

Sessions are not started until that include is executed. If you don't know about this mod, please search the forums (rather than ask me about it) as there are a number of modifications to be made across the system.

Change your 'Silent Post' URI from 'verisignreturn.php' to 'checkout_process.php'

DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE:

1) The above solution is a mod of a 'contribution,' (which are 'Use At Your Own Risk' anyway) and the OSC system. Make sure you make note of this in case you update OSC!

2) Swap the PHP syntax where neccessary -- specifically, some PHP servers may require using the $_POST / $_GET super globals instead of $HTTP_POST_VARS / $HTTP_GET_VARS arrays

lata,

shakes

This fixed worked perfectly for me, Thanks!!! :D

RuKuS

• 2 months later...

Todd,

Is this the correct URL to use now ?

I work with VeriSign and the fix stated above is only a temporary fix. VeriSign is in the process of removing our cold fusion servers and the URL listed above will only be available for a short timeframe.

At this time, we are unaware of the actual reason why the shopping cart is not working as we know of other OS Commerce sites using the new URL.

The current URL for Payflow Link should be https://payments.verisign.com/payflowlink.

If anyone else is having issues, I'll be happy to work with you directly to resolve them.

Todd

• 7 months later...
Eureka!

Here is the solution!

? ? $HTTP_POST_VARS[$HTTP_POST_VARS['USER1']] = $HTTP_POST_VARS['USER2'];
? ? $HTTP_GET_VARS[$HTTP_POST_VARS['USER1']] = $HTTP_POST_VARS['USER2'];
? ? reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
? ? reset ($HTTP_GET_VARS);

}

DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE:

lata,

shakes

Hi,

I've poured through hundreds (probably) of solutions regarding this problem...yours being the latest. After implementing these changes, I still cannot get my cart to clear after an order is processed.

Do you have any current info?

Your help is most appreciated.

Tamara

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Please someone has any suggestion about this issue ?

Since now the new URL for sending a new PAYFLOW LINK Authorization is https://payflowlink.paypal.com I have done the change mentioned earlier in this post:

1) I have updated this line in my_catalog_root/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc_via_verisign.php :

from

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_VERISIGN_URL','https://payflowlink.paypal.com');

to

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_VERISIGN_URL','https://payflowlink.paypal.com/payflowlink.cfm');

'

2) I have also added these lines to my_catalog_root/checkout_process.php :

global $HTTP_POST_VARS,$HTTP_GET_VARS;

$$HTTP_GET_VARS[$HTTP_POST_VARS['USER1']] = $HTTP_POST_VARS['USER2'];

reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);

reset ($HTTP_GET_VARS);

}

before

include('includes/application_top.php');

3) then because I want to record the verisign reference number in my database I have added this line :

after

include('includes/application_top.php');

4) I have logged to my https://manager.paypal.com account and made this change:

- selected 'Return URL Method' to 'POST'

- checked 'Silent POST URL' and set the URL to 'my_catalog_root/checkout_process.php'

- checked 'Force Silent Post Confirmation' and set 'Failed Silent Post Return URL' to 'my_catalog_root/checkout_process.php'

now when I placed a new order I got this message:

"Transaction declined!

Your transaction was approved! However, a communication error with the merchant's site occured.

The transaction has been voided, please contact the merchant."

It seems like osCommerce wasn't able to handle the silent post from the new PAYFLOW LINK server.

but of course step (3) which is another issue works fine.

Please if anyone has already fixed this issue would send the fix here.

Khaled Rachico

Hi Again,

In my previous post I said that the change suggested didn't work for me. Sorry it was a my mistake.

Now I tested it many times and believe me it works comme une merveille.

I want to add something :

If someone wants to have both normal post and silent post he can do that.

How ?

just go to the PAYFLOW Link configuration in https://manager.paypal.com and

1. do what I have done in step (4) from the previous post

2. set 'Return URL' to 'your_root_catalog/checkout_success.php' (it is checkout_success.php (or any other page) but avoid checkout_process.php because you don't want to submit the same order twice especially when it is a virtual product like a PIN number which of course would make your customer very happy but not you)

Here I would like to thank all osCommerce contributors, especially osCommerce Team and many others like Rahman and Silencer for their wonderful 'Virtual Unique Products' contribution.

Good luck

Khaled Rachico

Hi,

I have forgot to mention something in my previous post :

- For now when you go to your https://manager.paypal.com account to set your PAYFLOW LINK configuration don't check 'Force Silent Post Confirmation' because if you check it your customer will get this message :

"Transaction declined!

Your transaction was approved! However, a communication error with the merchant's site occurred.

The transaction has been voided, please contact the merchant."

I noticed that even though the error message 'Transaction declined' was generated the order will still be sent to your customer of course only when the CC is valid.

I think this option in conjunction with Silent POST would be a very interesting option since it will adds more robustness to your payment process by charging your customer only when your web store has confirmed to PAYFLOW LINK that it has received the Silent Post data.

I wish someone could work on this issue so osCommerce will be able to send back a confirmation to PAYFLOW LINK server once it receives a silent post data.

Khaled Rachico