Sign in to follow this  
vrmant

handling fee for certain items

Is there an easy way to add a handling fee only when customers buy certain items - i only have to charge a handling fee for some custom items people order. I dotn want to charge them a handing fee for all items as it is not necessary.

Thanks,

vrmant

Hi, sorry I can't give an answer as I'm looking to do something similar and can't figure out how. I have some products that require a booking fee of a set amount regardless of how many are bought?

Any ideas?

Kev

:-D

Is there an easy way to add a handling fee only when customers buy certain items - i only have to charge a handling fee for some custom items people order. I dotn want to charge them a handing fee for all items as it is not necessary.

Thanks,

vrmant

If you know the product number of the items you want to add a handling fee to than write code in the shipping module to look for the these items, a compare for

the first few chars of the item if a match is made than add the handling amount to

the shipping amount...you will have to know some php coding.

Do you use the weight at all for calculating shipping or do you cost shipping on per item basis, if costing on a per item basis and not using weight then the weight section can be used along with some code changes.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Support The Project
Documentation/Knowledgebase/Discussions

Do you use the weight at all for calculating shipping or do you cost shipping on per item basis, if costing on a per item basis and not using weight then the weight section can be used along with some code changes.

All our products are Free shipping and no weight values are used.

How can I use the weight section? any help would be appreciated, thanks

Kev

:-D

Greetings,

This sounds slightly similar to what I am looking to do,

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=144613

Except, I need to identify the products attributes id and charge once for each occasion, and you, need only identify the product and charge every occasion. Both would be identified at check out, so you may start with ot_loworderfee.php and try hacking it.

Simple

Or add one attribute (option) to that product with the description "handling fee" charging what you want. If there is only one, it will appear in the drop down with no other choice but to accept the charge as part of the purchase.

:thumbsup: wazu