• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] JTS

JTS (Just The Same template structure)

Yesterday I was playing with the BTS, moving the files around a little, and a thought it would be nice to have a BTS version that would be organized a little bit more like the template structure in the current MS3 CVS version (currently only the admin side has a template structure in MS3 CVS, but the JTS is still about a catalog template structure b.t.w.).

I decided to release it separately from the BTS and give it another name, allthough 99% of the code is the same as the previous BTS versions. Because this way the BTS may be still developed (by others) in it's own direction. While the JTS (Just The Same template structure) may be developed more towards MS3 compatibility (maybe even leaving full MS2 compatibitity one day?).

Of course I have no way of knowing how the MS3 template structure will really be like, I'm just guessing by looking at the current CVS, and so I might be completeley wrong about it!

I left out some of the bloat (I added myself ;) ) of the BTSv1.4, so the JTS is a more or less an in between version of the BTSv1.3 and BTSv1.4 (but not really fully compatible with either). Very small adjustements should/can be made to the main/default template file to be able to switch between those versions. Adapted testing templates are included. The template switching feature is still available.

Only to be used on a clean osC2.2MS2 installation! No upgrade instructions available!

Only use this if you know some PHP, HTML, CSS en osC. This is not a template system (like the STS is), just a structure! Adding MS2 catalog contributions to this stucture will be harder than on a clean osC installation! (admin stayed unchanged, so there won't be any problems with admin changes and contributions)

It allows you to make major changes to your layout by edditing only one or two files, while still using normal PHP en osC code. No need to learn any $tags or something.

Due to chicken and egg problem, the download url will follow later today.

hth

Edited by PandA.nl

For security maybe better:

replace (configure_jts.php):

$tplName = $_GET['tplName'];

by:

$tplName = tep_db_prepare_input($_GET['tplName']);

I guess all data stored into the database is filtered thorougly.

Just in case you decide to leave url "Template switching allowed" on after testing.

PLEASE DO NOT USE VERSION 1.0 !

I released a security update today: JTSv1.1 = full version. Hopefully this update covers all security problems. Sorry no time to describe any detail now, RL also takes it's time ;) (maybe later, if needed)

No need to run the sql file again, delete all old files, and copy the new files to your catalog dir.

This version also includes two help template files, hope you like it, might be continued later :)

Hi Paul,

I saw a while back a tutorial for 32-final for bts at this url

http://www.eeweb.nl/osc-bts/

but when i go there i get this

Sorry, but the page you are trying to reach is temporary unavailable!

To PandA.nl

I am assuming that this was done by yourself, is this tutorial still available as a customer of mine has bought a template he wants oSc to look like, and remembered the tutorial and thought it would be of help for me.

Is there a new link?

If my assumption is wrong I apologise.

Many thanks

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

Hi Andy,

I should have replaced that text a long time ago by "this site is closed down" or something (I even forgot all about it).

The main problem with the template was that I wasn't sure about it's copyright, this still hasn't changed, I never have found the author. Another problem was that, allthough implementing the template appeared to be a lot easyer than I thougth, the support requests it generated weren't. (and there were some more problems at the time)

So I'm sorry, but really had to quit the support and close the site.

Hi Andy,

I should have replaced that text a long time ago by "this site is closed down" or something (I even forgot all about it).

The main problem with the template was that I wasn't sure about it's copyright, this still hasn't changed, I never have found the author. Another problem was that, allthough implementing the template appeared to be a lot easyer than I thougth, the support requests it generated weren't. (and there were some more problems at the time)

So I'm sorry, but really had to quit the support and close the site.

Hi Paul,

Totally understand your position on this, thanks for the response, will do a bit of code reading from BTS and cre loaded versions.

All the best m8.

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

• 8 months later...