• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce Catalog

kymation

This Contribution removes the shopping cart portions of osCommerce, leaving all of the catalog and ancillary functions. It is very simple to set up, and simple to remove if you decide that you want an ecommerce store at a later date. All of the changed files and complete instructions are included.

I'll edit this in a minute with links to the contribution.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You might try the Free Call for Price contribution.

If all of your products are sold this way, you could just remove the prices and put a notice in the product description that the customer will be contacted with a quote.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

Just installed this and have the following fatal error, hope you can help

Paul

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home2/superfas/public_html/online-shopping-choices/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home2/superfas/public_html/online-shopping-choices/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

This error is caused by including the database functions more than once. The database functions are included in catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 62. You may have put that include in twice, or included catalog/includes/application_top.php more than once in a file.

This can also be caused by uploading a code file in place of a language file. For example, uploading the file that belongs in catalog/index.php to catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php. Substitute the file where that error appears for index.php in the above.

Regards

Jim

Many thanks,

Don't know what I did wrong but as it was a fresh install (via fantastico) I simply started again and bingo, it worked. This is a great contribution thanks. I have been looking for a solution for an affiliate website I have for some time. As you probably know for affiliates it's always a problem listing products in a normal static html website, it takes so long to do, and normally ecommerce websites are no use because of the cart. Well this sorts it out for sure. And with oscommerce pages registering so well at the moment it's a great solution.

Many thanks again

Paul

p.s

Do you fancy doing some freelance work, I wanted to install the SEO contribution on all my osc sites but it's too in depth for me. I have done the basic met tag one but not sure if this is as good.

• 2 weeks later...
This Contribution removes the shopping cart portions of osCommerce, leaving all of the catalog and ancillary functions. It is very simple to set up, and simple to remove if you decide that you want an ecommerce store at a later date. All of the changed files and complete instructions are included.

I'll edit this in a minute with links to the contribution.

Regards

Jim

• 1 year later...

Hi Jim !

Thanks for you osc catalog contrib.

Could you advise me please, how can I use osc catalog with the ability that customers will be able to SUBSCRIBE for getting from me information like newsletters/prices lists ???

Any HELP will be much appreciated. Thanks !

Elazar

• 1 month later...

Hi Jim

Very good contrib, just what I needed , I have a small problem, when testing, if you click on the What's new link the Add to cart button is still there, on the new product's Page please could you advise.

Many thanks

Graham

Edited by mandrake

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I've updated this to osCommerce 2.2RC2a and added a file that was missed in previous versions.

The forum still seems to randomly forget my notification prefs, so please PM me if I don't respond to a post here within a day or so.

Regards

Jim

• 6 months later...
Aack -- stupid forum won't let me edit.

Oh well, the contribution is here. Enjoy.

Regards

Jim

Your link doesn't work. One reason must be the double https at the start, but even when that is fixed, it does come up with a web page. How do I know what files you've supplied?

• 6 years later...

As the Addons page states, this Addon was developed for osCommerce 2.2. I'm pretty certain that it will not work for any later version.

Regards

Jim