Sign in to follow this  
WendyLady

Newseletter w/o Account

I don't usually post this kind of question -- but in searching the forums & contribs, I can't come up with a good answer. This subject is coming up a lot recently . . .

I would really like to have this option for people who are watching our site for the upcoming products but don't want to open an account just yet (most people don't want to unless they are ready to buy).

A few days ago I downloaded newsletter_subcribers_v052 and I'm sure it is just my own stupidity, but I really don't understand the install directions at all, & I'm a bit afraid to embark on it.

Can anyone direct me to whether this is the best working contrib for this purpose, or which one is the most debugged & most stable? I don't intend to slam any particular contrib (all the authors are WAY above me in coding skills & I appreciate ALL the hard work that goes into those contribs for no pay or reward) -- so if I have the best one, I'll try to muddle through the install & see if I can get some help on that.

Thanks,

Wendy

Adding here (for clarification) --

What I don't understand in these install directions is that many things are listed for all the past versions of the contrib, and I don't know if I can ignore this whole section of the instructions since I have no former version installed... whether I just need to file compare & add the code to each file here & do the sql part. It appears that instructions are given for updating from each particular version of the contrib (which is very cool for author to do) -- but I want to make sure before I mess something up badly.

Thanks,

Wendy