• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What is the best way to change server directory

Hello,

I want to change my store from the /catalog/ directory to the /public_html/ directory, what would be the best way to do this? and what all files do I need to edit? any help would be great, thanks

Hi Dan,

With a forked/loaded version of osCommerce your support here will be "limited" to standard oscommerce code. Most if not all applcation questions should be directed to the osMax folks and/or your host provider.

You should be able to "move" all of your folder/files to your root and then edit the following two files.

catalog/includes/configure.php

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

Change the appropriate entries that previously had "catalog". Just remove the "catalog" text.

This is of course assuming that your pre-configured loaded version used catalog. Otherwise all bets are off and you'll need to post on the osMax forum for assistance.

HTH

Tom

Hi Dan,

With a forked/loaded version of osCommerce your support here will be "limited" to standard oscommerce code. Most if not all applcation questions should be directed to the osMax folks and/or your host provider.

You should be able to "move" all of your folder/files to your root and then edit the following two files.

catalog/includes/configure.php

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

Change the appropriate entries that previously had "catalog". Just remove the "catalog" text.

This is of course assuming that your pre-configured loaded version used catalog. Otherwise all bets are off and you'll need to post on the osMax forum for assistance.

HTH

Tom

Thanks for the reply, I am never able to get any help at the OscMax forum, thats why I tried here, I copied to the root directory and edited the configure files, everything works except none of my catalog pages are there, all the links and every thing is there, but when I click on any of the pages in my catalog box, it goes to page cannot be found, and like I said, its hard to get help at the Max forum, so if anyone has anymore suggestions, please let me know. Thanks Dan

Archived