• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CVV Help Popup - viaklix gateway

Well, we've got the viaklix gateway working great. However, we are having one little problem that I haven't found a fix for through searching the forums.

Basically, the problem is that next to the CVV field, there is a help link that should open a popup window. When we click on the link, we get a javascript "error on page" error. The code that should open the popup is in the viaklix.php file:

array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_VIAKLIX_TEXT_CVV_NUMBER. ' ' .'<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_CVV, '', 'SSL') . '\')">' . TEXT_CVV_LINK . '</a>',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'field' => tep_draw_input_field('viaklix_cvv_number')),

I suspect (from reading similar issues here in the forums) that there may be a problem with the name of the javascript function. However, I can't find where the javascript function "popupWindow" is defined. Anyone got a clue which file I should be looking in to find the function to see if the names match?

Thanks

Jeff Nelson

Edited by oldchevy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

i followed the logic that was used in the options as images contribution (thank you!) to enable the help popup,

this may seem like a long explication, but i'll try to describe every step that i took!

if you follow these steps, you will end up with a functional (but pretty basic looking) popup showing the help text. a few little adjustments with the style and you should be ready to go!

so, without further ado, here's what i did...

1. in the catalog directory, create a new file for the help information (i called mine viaklix_help.php)

the code i used for this file is as follows (it's not too long!):

<?php
  require('includes/application_top.php');
  $navigation->remove_current_page();
  require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/payment/viaklix.php');
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body>
	<div class="boxText" style="text-align:center;padding:5px;font-size:9pt;font-weight:bold;"><?php echo HEADING_CVV; ?></div>
	<div class="boxText" style="text-align:left;padding:5px;"><?php echo TEXT_CVV; ?></div>
	<div class="boxText" style="text-align:center;padding:5px;"><a href="java script:self.close()"><?php echo TEXT_CLOSE_WINDOW; ?></a></div>
</body>
</html>
<?php require('includes/application_bottom.php'); ?>

2. now open the file: catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/viaklix.php

we'll need to add the name of the help file here.

for my viaklix_help.php file, i added the line:

define('FILENAME_POPUP_CVV', 'viaklix_help.php');

i also 'cleaned up' the html output defined for TEXT_CVV because it was missing the images, etc...

when i had finished the code looked like this:

define('TEXT_CVV', '<b>Visa, Mastercard, Discover 3 Digit Card Verification Number</b><br>
  For your safety and security, we require that you enter your card\'s verification number. The verification number is a 3-digit number printed on the back of your card. It appears after and to the right of your card number\'s last four digits.<hr>
	<b>American Express 4 Digit Card Verification Number</b><br>For your safety and security, we require that you enter your card\'s verification number. The American Express verification number is a 4-digit number printed on the front of your card. It appears after and to the right of your card number.');

3. lastly, the checkout_payment.php page needs the definition of the function popupWindow().

you should open the file catalog/checkout_payment.php

and paste the following javascript code inside the <script language="javascript"><!--

and the --></script> tags (i added mine at line 94)

function popupWindow(url) {
window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}

and that should be it!

• 2 months later...
i followed the logic that was used in the options as images contribution (thank you!) to enable the help popup,

this may seem like a long explication, but i'll try to describe every step that i took!

if you follow these steps, you will end up with a functional (but pretty basic looking) popup showing the help text. a few little adjustments with the style and you should be ready to go!

so, without further ado, here's what i did...

1. in the catalog directory, create a new file for the help information (i called mine viaklix_help.php)

the code i used for this file is as follows (it's not too long!):

<?php
  require('includes/application_top.php');
  $navigation->remove_current_page();
  require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/payment/viaklix.php');
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body>
	<div class="boxText" style="text-align:center;padding:5px;font-size:9pt;font-weight:bold;"><?php echo HEADING_CVV; ?></div>
	<div class="boxText" style="text-align:left;padding:5px;"><?php echo TEXT_CVV; ?></div>
	<div class="boxText" style="text-align:center;padding:5px;"><a href="java script:self.close()"><?php echo TEXT_CLOSE_WINDOW; ?></a></div>
</body>
</html>
<?php require('includes/application_bottom.php'); ?>

2. now open the file: catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/viaklix.php

we'll need to add the name of the help file here.

for my viaklix_help.php file, i added the line:

define('FILENAME_POPUP_CVV', 'viaklix_help.php');

i also 'cleaned up' the html output defined for TEXT_CVV because it was missing the images, etc...

when i had finished the code looked like this:

define('TEXT_CVV', '<b>Visa, Mastercard, Discover 3 Digit Card Verification Number</b><br>
  For your safety and security, we require that you enter your card\'s verification number. The verification number is a 3-digit number printed on the back of your card. It appears after and to the right of your card number\'s last four digits.<hr>
	<b>American Express 4 Digit Card Verification Number</b><br>For your safety and security, we require that you enter your card\'s verification number. The American Express verification number is a 4-digit number printed on the front of your card. It appears after and to the right of your card number.');

3. lastly, the checkout_payment.php page needs the definition of the function popupWindow().

you should open the file catalog/checkout_payment.php

and paste the following javascript code inside the <script language="javascript"><!--

and the --></script> tags (i added mine at line 94)

function popupWindow(url) {
window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}

and that should be it!

I'm still gettintg the error message, can you post the whole javascript part? Thanks Mike