• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Problems!

Maquar

Hello all,

I am using the PayPal module which was installed with the admin section of osCommerce. The payments are sent. The emails are sent out, however, when I make a purchase and the email is sent it says the domain name of the site in the "Item/Product Name:" instead of the item that was purchased. So I'm told I was sent money but am not told what item(s) I was sent money for! Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks, that solved my problems, it worked at least in the sandbox. Then I will probably be able to launch later today. :D

osCommerce 2.3.1 - QTPro 4.6.1 - Ultimate SEO URL's 5 Pro r205 - Discount Code 3.1 - Column listing with smart columns - Products Sort and some more

ok i tried this and when i got to change

catalog/admin/orders.php (line 415)

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_PAYMENT_METHOD . ' ' . $oInfo->payment_method);

to the line in the install doc, I found i didnt have this line in my order.php file...

WHAT NOW?

Well you could try adding that line in, plus the other from the install docs.

I'm a bit suprised that the one above was not there ?

That particular edit is not critical, it just displays the PayPal Payment Status in the right hand column of the orders page listings.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

oK I just saved the order.php file out after the other chanegs and moved on

I appears to be working, i see what i need to see in my sand box (lol)

how ever i see some text on the payment screen that i dont belive should be there

see the attatched image - what do you think>?.. have a missed something?

PAYPAL2.gif

also similer text appears after thr confirm order when transfering to paypal

PAYPAL3.gif

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Edited by craigob

• 2 weeks later...
ok i tried this and when i got to change

catalog/admin/orders.php (line 415)

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_PAYMENT_METHOD . ' ' . $oInfo->payment_method);

to the line in the install doc, I found i didnt have this line in my order.php file...

WHAT NOW?

What is the change that you are talking about here? According to the answer to your question:

That particular edit is not critical, it just displays the PayPal Payment Status in the right hand column of the orders page listings.

And that's exactly what I'm after. My install doc didn't specify this change, but it sounds like it does exactly what I need it to do.

Thanks,

RojanUK

I have found someones PayPal IPN change to orders.php, but there is still something wrong with it and I can't figure out what it is.

This is the code:

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_PAYMENT_METHOD . ' '  . $oInfo->payment_method);
//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
if (strtolower($oInfo->payment_method) == 'paypal') {
$paypal_payment_status_query = tep_db_query("select ps.payment_status_name from " . TABLE_PAYPAL_IPN . " p left join " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o on p.paypal_ipn_id = o.paypal_ipn_id left join " . TABLE_PAYPAL_IPN_PAYMENT_STATUS . " ps on ps.payment_status_id = p.payment_status where o.orders_id ='" . $oInfo->orders_id . "'");
$paypal_payment_status = tep_db_fetch_array($paypal_payment_status_query);
//quick work around for unkown order status id
$paypal_payment_status_value = (tep_not_null($paypal_payment_status['payment_status_name'])) ? $paypal_payment_status['payment_status_name'] : $oInfo->orders_status_name;
$contents[] = array('text' => 'Payment Status:' . ' ' . $paypal_payment_status_value );
}
//end PayPal_shopping_Cart_IPN
     break;
 }

This gives me an error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\home\test\admin\orders.php on line 462

The file is actually 461 lines long. I recon the error is in that piece of added code, but I can't seem to find it. Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

RojanUK

Never mind. I've sorted it. It was a missing }.

However, even though I have no error messages anymore, it also still doesn't display the status. So if somebody could still have a look at the code I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

RojanUK

This seems to be a complicated problem, with not many answers. I did found out in the meantime that the code doesn't work because I'm using a different - reduced - version of the PayPal IPN contribution. I'm using osCommerce-PayPal_IPN-v1.1, which is basically copying the paypal_ipn.php files to their directories and nothing more.

The code that I've been trying to use is from the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN contribution. And that one is a lot more complex to install, with more than 27 file changes! Evidently installing that contrib will solve my problem, but it could also create many more if I make a mistake.

So, a question to those of you who have the complete IPN contrib installed is: is there anything in particular that I have to watch when installing it? Are there known issues with the installation? I've got PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.0a.

I've got a problem with my payment modules in my test setup, so I have no choice but to install the contrib directly into my live store, so if there are known issues with this installation I would like to know up front.

Thanks,

RojanUK