• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to use dynamic MOpics

I'm a little confused as to how to use dynamic MOpics. If I put one pic called image_big.jpg into big image folder and a small one called image_pic.jpg into thumbs folder, I add product and type in something like /images_big/image_big.jpg for image path and the program is supposed to find it, right?

I'm a little confused as to how to use dynamic MOpics.  If I put one pic called image_big.jpg into big image folder and a small one called image_pic.jpg into thumbs folder, I add product and type in something like /images_big/image_big.jpg for image path and the program is supposed to find it, right?

The basic setup for dynamic Mopics is like this:

You have the main thumbnail inside your catalog/images direcotry

All extra thumbnails go into catalog/images/thumbs

All large pictures go into catalog/images/images_big

For your product you use the main thumbnail name in catalog/images and based upon that it will look for the large image in catalog/images/images_big

So ie. you have an image called mypicture.jpg with three extra images for it you would have (assuming the default Extra Image Pattern):

4 thumbnails called mypicture.jpg, mypicture_pic1.jpg, mypicture_pic2.jpg, mypicture_pic3.jpg

4 large pictures called mypicture.jpg, mypicture_pic1.jpg, mypicture_pic2.jpg, mypicture_pic3.jpg

Now the mypicture.jpg thumbnail uploads to your catalog/images directory automatically through the admin->catalog when defining a product and attaching that thumbnail picture to it.

By hand you upload the mypicture_pic1.jpg, mypicture_pic2.jpg, mypicture_pic3.jpg thumbnails to the catalog/images/thumbs directory and the large pictures mypicture.jpg, mypicture_pic1.jpg, mypicture_pic2.jpg, mypicture_pic3.jpg to the catalog/images/images_big directory

Of course you can use your own image pattern which you just define through the Admin->Configuration->Mopics settings.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer !

The basic setup for dynamic Mopics is like this:

You have the main thumbnail inside your catalog/images direcotry

All extra thumbnails go into catalog/images/thumbs

All large pictures go into catalog/images/images_big

For your product you use the main thumbnail name in catalog/images and based upon that it will look for the large image in catalog/images/images_big

So ie. you have an image called mypicture.jpg with three extra images for it you would have (assuming the default Extra Image Pattern):

4 thumbnails called mypicture.jpg, mypicture_pic1.jpg, mypicture_pic2.jpg, mypicture_pic3.jpg

4 large pictures called mypicture.jpg, mypicture_pic1.jpg, mypicture_pic2.jpg, mypicture_pic3.jpg

Now the mypicture.jpg thumbnail uploads to your catalog/images directory automatically through the admin->catalog when defining a product and attaching that thumbnail picture to it.

By hand you upload the mypicture_pic1.jpg, mypicture_pic2.jpg, mypicture_pic3.jpg thumbnails to the catalog/images/thumbs directory and the large pictures mypicture.jpg, mypicture_pic1.jpg, mypicture_pic2.jpg, mypicture_pic3.jpg to the catalog/images/images_big directory

Of course you can use your own image pattern which you just define through the Admin->Configuration->Mopics settings.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer !

Cool, got it working! Thanks

Cool, got it working! Thanks

I noticed some interesting things between Internet Explorer and Firefox. They both view images differently. If I leave image width and height * in OSC, Mozilla shows it fine but IE doesn't show it at all. If I put one number for width and *, IE ignores it.

The problem is, I made these tiny thumbnails. If I set image width to 100 for instance, my tiny thumbnails get blown up to 100pixels.

I'm not sure how to fix all of this. In the left column under what's new, it would be nice to have those pics smaller than product pic, while still keeping thumbnails small.

I noticed some interesting things between Internet Explorer and Firefox. They both view images differently. If I leave image width and height * in OSC, Mozilla shows it fine but IE doesn't show it at all. If I put one number for width and *, IE ignores it.

The problem is, I made these tiny thumbnails. If I set image width to 100 for instance, my tiny thumbnails get blown up to 100pixels.

I'm not sure how to fix all of this. In the left column under what's new, it would be nice to have those pics smaller than product pic, while still keeping thumbnails small.

I dont know if this will help or not, but I've stumbled upon this post and it contains the code to let you set a PERCENT instead of a pixel to "shrink" the images. That way if you have images that vary in size, it will shrink each according to the percent you state instead of every pic to 100pix.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=73351&hl=

I got it to work, but its still not what I need for my current project from what I can see...still its a good option to have :-)

Hth,

Lalla

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I am having problems getting MoPics to work correctly.

In ADMIN: I have set

big images to: images_big/

thumbs to: thumbs/

main thumb in thumb directory: false

extra image pattern as: imagebase_pic{1}

(the defaults I believe!)

In my catalog directory for product code 093:

images/093.jpg

images/thumbs/093_pic1.jpg

images/images_big/093.jpg

images/images_big/093_pic1.jpg

When I view the catalog page there is no `Click to enlarge' and the extra images at the bottom of the descriptions says `Coming Soon'.

I'm sure it's something simple but I can't see why it's not working.

Any ideas

Ernie

I've just solved it. The main image was located in the path /images/hewlett_packard/ and Mopics was looking for the other images in images/thumbs/hewlett_packard/ , once the main image was moved to the path images/ then it worked.