• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AutoEmailer

Jack_mcs

This is the support thread for this contribution, which generates customer and order reports. The reports are attached to an email which may be saved as a csv file. It also has a module to send emails to your customers automatically. I use this for birthday announcements but it can be edited to suit any purpose.

All of this is accomplished via cron so this will not work on a Windows server.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having issues with the filename, for some reason my server keeps renaming the file to "ATT****.dat"

All the data is there, but kind of annoying, any ideas how to fix? I havent changed any of the filename info auto_orders.

No, I'm not sure where that gets changed at. The sript I use marks it as an excel file but that is changed at some point. Mine come is with type .att (attachement) so I suspect if is the email program doing it. It may not understand the mime type as it is set.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

BTW added a new version to this:

Modified the orders sent to picked up orders even if customer used PWA checkout. Also pulled out order status so that orders are only picked up once *no matter what status they have*. Adding the following fields to the order CSV/email: date purchase, Street Address, City, Postcode, State, Country, Telephone, Email.

The last version was fully functional, so you may want to test both versions to see which works best for you.

Only file changed is auto_orders.php, but this download includes the full package.

Also the filetype wasnt to do with the email app it was making sure the mimetype in the script matches the mimetype name on the server.

Default mime type for excel on most servers is: application/vnd.ms-excel

(however it seems better to have the file send as a .csv not .xls, so just set up a new mimetype for csv and make the script match this type) i hope this makes sense.

• 2 months later...

I just uploaded a new version. I added an interface to the options in admin. Once installed, you can change the settings as you like and receive the reports with the next cron update. I plan on adding other options to the reports but wanted to get some feedback on how this works before I spent too much time on it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Having problem setting up autoemailer please help getting this error with FCKeditor installed

Warning: main(../../admin/FCKeditor/fckeditor.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 12

Warning: main(../../admin/FCKeditor/fckeditor.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 12

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../../admin/FCKeditor/fckeditor.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 12

in my html_output i have this 'home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/FCKeditor/');

thank you

The instructions state:

require("../../FCKeditor/fckeditor.php");
but you say you have
'home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/FCKeditor/');
so I suspect that is the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The instructions state:but you say you haveso I suspect that is the problem.

Jack

I meant in the the same file html_ouput i have

////

// Output a form textarea field w/ fckeditor

function tep_draw_fckeditor($name, $width, $height, $text) {

$oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor($name);

$oFCKeditor -> Width = $width;

$oFCKeditor -> Height = $height;

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = 'http://www.mysite.com/admin/FCKeditor/');

$oFCKeditor -> Value = $text;

$field = $oFCKeditor->Create($name);

return $field;

}

and in FCKeditor/fckeditor.php I have 'home/pasword/public_html/admin/FCKeditor

am I missing Something still getting error

Warning: main(../../FCKeditor/fckeditor.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 12

Thank You!

Edited by culturebee

Try

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath	= 'FCKeditor/';

I'm not sure why you changed the fckeditor.phpfile. I can't find that in the instructions but maybe I'm mssing it..

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try
$oFCKeditor -> BasePath	= 'FCKeditor/';

I'm not sure why you changed the fckeditor.phpfile. I can't find that in the instructions but maybe I'm mssing it..

Jack

I happen to get the editor to show trying to find the right path I used

require("../../public_html/admin/FCKeditor/fckeditor.php");

Some files were also missed when installing FCKeditor I'm now installing all the files I downloaded

will recleck installation.

Thanks for your help.

You should never need to use the full path like that from within the shop, except for in the configure files. It may work but should not be needed. That would indicate something else is wrong.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You should never need to use the full path like that from within the shop, except for in the configure files. It may work but should not be needed. That would indicate something else is wrong.

Jack

Thanks for that info I'll have to recheck my installation.

maybe cause I'm still using a temp URL from my host.

I,m also getting this error when updating email in announce when page updating

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/auto_emailer_announce.php on line 103

Thank You.

Edited by culturebee

The hosts limits how long a script can run and you are exceeding that. It shouldn't happen though the way the contribtution is set up though unless you have a large number of customers with the same birthdate or join date, but that would have to be quite large.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The hosts limits how long a script can run and you are exceeding that. It shouldn't happen though the way the contribtution is set up though unless you have a large number of customers with the same birthdate or join date, but that would have to be quite large.

Jack

Thanks still in the testing zone trying to learn this great contri.

Just want to know how to exactly use this my main Ideal is I get new

products every week so I want to send member customers an email update This email

goes out once a week I'm not sure if this will do it for me.

Thank You

That's a good idea of a use for it but it can't do it as it is set up now. A new module would be needed that is a cross between the announcemnt and report options, or you could edit the announce module to load in the new products and include those in the email. I'll put that on the list for the next version but it may be months before it happens.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

I've uploaded a new version. I added a new products module which will inform your customers of new products added since an entered date, or from todays date if one is not entered. Also corrected a few minor coding problems.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

it seems to be a good feature taht i can read here , but do u plan to make it multi language, or being able to do like in newsletters some tempalte that you can save in the admin ? so far i can see that the messages u email are hard coded in the files ...

for the fck editor, there is contribution that would help you customize your installation :-)

MS2

Are you sure you are looking at the correct contribution? The FCKEditor is used and the text is not hard coded. Well, for the most part. There are a fewl Hello's but that would be easily changed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons