The e-commerce.

[Contribution] FCKosc 2.2 Support

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the support forum for FCKosc 2.2:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2987

This is my first contribution to the OSC community. Please also post any ides or suggestions you might have.

Thank You!

Jody (computrguru)

http://www.total-computer-solutionz.com

I really love Fckeditor. It has all the functionality I need.

However, I've looked and looked for the answer to change the images and files path from UserFiles/Image to "images" and UserFiles/File to something else. It has been rather cryptic and it seems that people's versions are different.

I've attempted to change the paths myself and so far I've had errors and other times nothing has happened.

What are the files that need to be changed in order to specify a different path for each one - and what are the changes within those files? I've downloaded the 2.2 version provided on the contributions page.

thanks!

Also, I know how to add and delete toolbar sets in fckconfig.js -

However, some pages on my site I want to have all toolbar sets, and others I want to have basic sets. I also have other pages that I want to have another configuration.

How can I specify which text boxes have what toolbar sets. Otherwise, all automatically have the Default.

Thanks!

Would someone who has got this working be so kind as to tell those wwho cannot see or upload images whether there were any setting to change with regards image directory etc?

I cannot see anything in instructions in contrib or FCK install.

Is the image directory the default osc directory or are we supposed to be chmodding something else?

Any ideas?

cheers

stubbsy

• 2 weeks later...
I see a blank area instead of FCKeditor and text area in CATEGORIES page.

Any idea? I agree with thecure7, instructions are a bit messy...

Same here !! - just getting a blank edit area with 'define_mainpage.php' in the top-left corner.

I'm sure I have the correct path to the FCKeditor folder in admin because I was getting a 404 error before. Even tried setting permissions to fckeditor.php - nada !!

Is there something I need to download from the FCK website ?? - dunno - I'm about to trash this mod.

Terrible installation instructions. What seemed to be a fairly straightforward mod was marred by vagueness.

One of the prerequisites is phpMyAdmin, but no SQL changes were required, ?????????? - what do we need phpMyAdmin for then - to backup the database ??? - I do that on a regular basis !!

:angry: - wasted my time on this one - maybe not - could it be something simple I have overlooked ??

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

Same here !! - just getting a blank edit area with 'define_mainpage.php' in the top-left corner.

I'm sure I have the correct path to the FCKeditor folder in admin because I was getting a 404 error before. Even tried setting permissions to fckeditor.php - nada !!

Is there something I need to download from the FCK website ?? - dunno - I'm about to trash this mod.

Terrible installation instructions. What seemed to be a fairly straightforward mod was marred by vagueness.

One of the prerequisites is phpMyAdmin, but no SQL changes were required, ?????????? - what do we need phpMyAdmin for then - to backup the database ??? - I do that on a regular basis !!

:angry: - wasted my time on this one - maybe not - could it be something simple I have overlooked ??

In addition to my previous comments - I have found a clue (or something) when using Firefox, before showing me the blank area I get an error 'd is not a registered protocol'.

Note: if I do anything to the path I have already specified for the FCKeditor I get a 404 error, so I'm pretty sure I have the right path.

In addition to my previous comments - I have found a clue (or something) when using Firefox, before showing me the blank area I get an error 'd is not a registered protocol'.

Note: if I do anything to the path I have already specified for the FCKeditor I get a 404 error, so I'm pretty sure I have the right path.

Just incase anyone wants to know where I'm getting this problem. It's as per the instructions, i.e. in Admin, goto Catalog and then Define Mainpage.

Totally agree with you. What seamed to be the perfect mod sucomed to a shadowland of vagueness.

Suggestion as I posted in the contrib allready:

If you want to make it simplier for the end user to use it, and not all users have A+ in php knowledge, make it so straight forward so all understands it.

Instead of

In line xx add yy

You should have written

Find "This text" and replace it with "That text"

If you don't explain what to search for, how do you expect anyone to be able to install this trashy mod?

Dude, one thing you gotta be clear of is that not all are using Dreamweaver. All ain't using the latest html editors with line numbering. I don't have the cash to spend on such snassy gadgets. I'm using Notepad, and it has the "Go to line" disabled. So don't expect me to be able to follow your installation instruction as it is written now.

I'm willing to give this a last try, but then I really need some serious help with the FCKosc 2.2 mod.

I've installed it, and instead of showing the editor it shows an advertisement for infodial. So give me straight installation instructions so I can get this lousy mod to work as it should.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I searched the whole Forum and also Google, but everything I found did not work.

So here is my question(s):

How do I set FCKeditor (a great contrib by the way) to use the images folder from my shop?

Is thre any opportunity to get rid of the "creating Image/Flash/File-Subfolder-Feature"?

thanx in advance

Georg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys... :D

Thanx for this great mod.... :thumbsup:

I would like to know if somebody did the adaptation for Categories Description v1.9 ???

And just a little error when pre-viewing the product....

Warning: ereg_replace(): REG_EMPTY in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\categories.php on line 428

case 'new_product_preview':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'] != 'none')) {

$products_image_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'];

} else {

$products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');

}

$products_image_name = htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_image_name));

$products_image_name = strstr($products_image_name, 'src=');

$products_image_name = ereg_replace('src="', '', $products_image_name);

$products_image_name_end = strstr($products_image_name, '"');

$products_image_name = ereg_replace($products_image_name_end, '', $products_image_name);

$products_image_name = ereg_replace(DIR_WS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES, '', $products_image_name);

break;

}

}

;)

IMAGES WORKING with FCK Editor 2.2 and OSCommerce - aka. FCKOSC.....

I fought with this one - ending up where everyone else did - the 'images problem'. Or more specifically that message about the disabled connector in the asp file (....whatever.... one more nanosecond further away from worth remembering).

In the fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/asp folder there is a file called CONFIG.ASP - open it and read the first few lines of code - see the SECURITY message - well there it is. Damn - like flicking a switch.

After doing this I now have images - can browse the server - create folders - upload. Shweeet!!

Cool - it's time to test the Flash support.

10/10 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: - FCK Editor RoXX - when it it worXX !! :D

In addition to this one CONFIG.ASP file, I have found more 'disabled' config files. As soon as I've nailed them all I'll paste the names of the offenders here. What the heck - I'll do my best on revising the entire installation procedure as well.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I installed FCKEditor as I really need a way to send html newsletters.

I created a html page (my newsletter) with dreamweaver. I copied and pasted this into FCKEditor and everything looked fine in the editor window.

When I came to preview the newsletter and also when it was sent there was a mass of line spaces added to it making it look a mess.

If it helps this is exactly how my newsletter should look, Click Here

This is what i'm getting when sent through the admin newsletter manager, Click Here It's not a blank page, scroll down, the space is part of the problem.

Someone suggested in another post that all the html should be on 1 single line, so I deleted every space possible - got everything on one line - clicked update and all the lines where added again for me.

It's quite frustrating really as the newsletter is 95% intact with the exception of acres of space.

I am only using FCKEditor to try to send html newsletters, I use the stock osc editor for adding and editing products.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I installed FCKEditor as I really need a way to send html newsletters.

I created a html page (my newsletter) with dreamweaver. I copied and pasted this into FCKEditor and everything looked fine in the editor window.

When I came to preview the newsletter and also when it was sent there was a mass of line spaces added to it making it look a mess.

If it helps this is exactly how my newsletter should look, Click Here

This is what i'm getting when sent through the admin newsletter manager, Click Here It's not a blank page, scroll down, the space is part of the problem.

Someone suggested in another post that all the html should be on 1 single line, so I deleted every space possible - got everything on one line - clicked update and all the lines where added again for me.

It's quite frustrating really as the newsletter is 95% intact with the exception of acres of space.

I am only using FCKEditor to try to send html newsletters, I use the stock osc editor for adding and editing products.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I have just noticed something and i'm not sure if it helps discover where the problems lies but in the FCK newsletter editor window the toolbar has a preview button, when I clicked this I got a preview of my newsletter looking exactly as it should.

The problem occurs as soon as I click the 'Update' button. Then it's wrecked again.

• 1 month later...
IMAGES WORKING with FCK Editor 2.2 and OSCommerce - aka. FCKOSC.....

I fought with this one - ending up where everyone else did - the 'images problem'. Or more specifically that message about the disabled connector in the asp file (....whatever.... one more nanosecond further away from worth remembering).

In the fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/asp folder there is a file called CONFIG.ASP - open it and read the first few lines of code - see the SECURITY message - well there it is. Damn - like flicking a switch.

After doing this I now have images - can browse the server - create folders - upload. Shweeet!!

Cool - it's time to test the Flash support.

10/10 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: - FCK Editor RoXX - when it it worXX !! :D

I've changed this, but images still does not working. Anyone got a solution? Or am i missing something here? :huh:

Thanks SEDef .... for the distress call - who knows when I would have come back here. I'm conquering galaxies by now (psh! - right!!).

Sorry folks, while I've been lavishing in the land of FCK I seem to have left my fellow OSCers high and dry.

The FCKeditor FIX !!

The FCKosc2.2 contribution (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2987) has a bum-copy of FCKeditor (included in the admin folder) which must be replaced by the latest version of FCKeditor, available from www.fckeditor.net

Then, in addition to the FCKosc2.2 contrib instructions, the following steps must be taken to get FCK working properly.

In your domain root folder (eg. HTTPDOCS, or wwwroot on localhosts) create a folder named userfiles and allow full RW access. This will be FCK?s default media library, it will store uploaded media objects here. You can also copy your own objects in at a later stage?. once you?ve seen how FCK likes to do things.

NOTE: You can change the location of this ?media folder? ? for now let?s stick to the defaults and get it up and running quickly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SET THE FCK ENVIRONMENT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In catalog/admin/fckeditor/fckconfig.asp

*** FIND:

// Custom implementations should just ignore it.

var _FileBrowserLanguage = 'asp' ; // asp | aspx | cfm | lasso | perl | php | py

var _QuickUploadLanguage = 'asp' ; // asp | aspx | cfm | lasso | php

*** CHANGE TO:

// Custom implementations should just ignore it.

var _FileBrowserLanguage = 'php' ; // asp | aspx | cfm | lasso | perl | php | py

var _QuickUploadLanguage = 'php' ; // asp | aspx | cfm | lasso | php

ENABLE THE FCK BROWSE AND UPLOAD FUNCTIONS

In catalog/admin/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/config.php

*** FIND:

// SECURITY: You must explicitelly enable this "connector". (Set it to "true").

$Config['Enabled'] = false ;

*** CHANGE TO:

// SECURITY: You must explicitelly enable this "uploader".

$Config['Enabled'] = true ;

In catalog/admin/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/upload/php/config.php

FIND:

$Config['Enabled'] = false ;

*** CHANGE TO:

$Config['Enabled'] = true ;

And that?s basically it... I honestly didn't change anything else in FCKeditor (this time!!)

Your main concern when doing the FCKosc 'mod' will be the html_output.php file in admin functions. If you are confused about the basepath address, here is a sample of the code in my html_output file (for my localhost):

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = 'http://localhost/catalog/admin/FCKeditor/';

For my live sites I simply replace localhost with my real wwwdotcom address.

Hello,

Although I spend a lot of time in the forum, this is my first time actually posting.

I have spent the last few days trying to install this contribution. I have gone through every post in this thread trying to figure out what I am doing incorrectly to no avail. I found different things to try, which I have, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled osc and started over from scratch - installing nothing but the FCKeditor, still to no avail...now I'm just confused.

I followed all the instructions, modified all the files, uploaded define_mainpage.php to the /catalog/includes/languages/english/ chmod to 777 (tried 755 as well), uploaded define_mainpage.php to /catalog/admin/ chmod to 777 (tried 755 as well). When I log into the admin for the cart, I see the link Define Mainpage in the Catalog menu, I click on it and I see the heading:

Define Mainpage

define_mainpage.php

404 PAGE NOT FOUND...bla bla bla

Save Cancel

I have a feeling that it has something to do with the path to the editor itself, but I'm not completely sure. There are several files that contain the path if I'm not mistaken, I'm listing them below along with what I have as the setting:

/catalog/admin/FCKeditor/FCKeditor.php

$this->BasePath = '/home/usr/public_html/catalog/admin/FCKeditor';

/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php:

define('DIR_FCKEDITOR', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'FCKeditor/');

define('DIR_WS_FCKEDITOR', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'FCKeditor/');

/catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

require("FCKeditor/fckeditor.php");

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = '/home/usr/public_html/catalog/admin/FCKeditor/';

From what I have read in this thread, many of you have it working wonderfully...even with your images, which I look forward to figuring out next...BUT I just want to get this thing working initially but I can't it's about driven me out of my mind.

Can anyone help me...guide me in the right direction. If I ever figure it out I think that I'll write new instructions from a-z so that others do not have to go through this....of course that is IF I EVER figure it out.

Thanks a bunches for any help at all.

BAMMHOST

can anyone help me? please :blink: ...if I've left out information that's needed please let me know.

Try the following:

/catalog/admin/fckeditor/fckeditor.php

$this->BasePath = '/fckeditor/' ;

I don't see anything about FCKeditor in my admin configuration.php. It may be redundant, but wait until you get FCK running before trying to delete it.

/catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = 'http://localhost/catalog/admin/FCKeditor/';

.... OR IF YOU ARE RUNNING LIVE.. (substitute with your address)

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = 'http://www.yoursite.com/catalog/admin/FCKeditor/';

I hope that sorts it for you!!!

:thumbsup:

A note about the basepath address in html_output.php (admin)

The FCK Editor is independant of OSC, and to run it standalone you simply type in the address (like you would to get into your admin panel), i.e. http;//www,yoursite,com/catalog/admin/fckeditor/fckeditor,php .....

.... there's obviously a bunch of parameters that follow, but you get the picture (literally). :-"

So, the basepath address that html_output.php is looking for is the full address of your FCKeditor, i.e. the http address I have just mentioned (without the fckeditor.php on the end of course).

This applies only to HTML_OUTPUT.PHP

:thumbsup:

.... and one more thing while I'm thinking of addresses, and a good example ...

The default folder you create for your FCK images (according to the instructions in the FCKeditor FIX 2 posts back) will then be addressed as: http;www,yoursite,com/userfiles/

... and this folder (like I said) needs full RW access especially for FCK image uploads to work.

(I hope this clarifies instead of confuses). :huh:

Hello Tencents,

Thank you so much for posting.

Okay, I've made the changes you provided, and I'm no longer getting the page not found, but the editor is still not appearing.

Now all I am seeing is:

Define MainPage

define_mainpage.php

Any other suggestions?

Again, thank you so much for lending me a hand.