• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] FCKosc 2.2 Support

Hello again,

When I click the Define Mainpage from the catalog admin, as I stated I see the above...the 404 page not found error is gone. When I view the page source, I can see the contents of the define_mainpage.php (This module demonstrates how easy it can be to adapt existing code....bla bla bla, and I can see in the code where the editor is being called, it's just not displaying it on the page itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for any help.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again,

When I click the Define Mainpage from the catalog admin, as I stated I see the above...the 404 page not found error is gone. When I view the page source, I can see the contents of the define_mainpage.php (This module demonstrates how easy it can be to adapt existing code....bla bla bla, and I can see in the code where the editor is being called, it's just not displaying it on the page itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for any help.

Just checking.... you have downloaded FCKeditor 2.3.1 from fckeditor.net, deleted the old one that comes with FCKosc2.2 (in admin), and then copied in the new one ?

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

oops!! ... I made a small mistake on the original FCKeditor FIX I posted... it's not FCKCONFIG.ASP, but rather FCKCONFIG.JS that must be changed. :blush: ..... the corrected instruction as follows:

In catalog/admin/fckeditor/fckconfig.js

*** FIND:

// Custom implementations should just ignore it.

var _FileBrowserLanguage = 'asp' ; // asp | aspx | cfm | lasso | perl | php | py

var _QuickUploadLanguage = 'asp' ; // asp | aspx | cfm | lasso | php

*** CHANGE TO:

// Custom implementations should just ignore it.

var _FileBrowserLanguage = 'php' ; // asp | aspx | cfm | lasso | perl | php | py

var _QuickUploadLanguage = 'php' ; // asp | aspx | cfm | lasso | php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW, FOR THE BLANK define_mainpage PROBLEM:

After playing around on my live site I found that putting the full http: address doesn't work....

Try this:

In /catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php:

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = '/catalog/admin/fckeditor/';

:thumbsup: You're so close now !! - don't give up.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

Hello again,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've been waiting on an email from the board telling me I got a reply...didn't receive it and happened to come back today to post again hoping for help and I saw your posts.

Yes, I installed the new fckeditor 2.3.1, did that right after installing the cart initially.

I also had already made the changes to the fckconfig.js.

Okay, I've changed the path in catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php and now I'm getting the Page cannot be found again. I've tried all of the following paths:

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = '/catalog/admin/fckeditor/

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = '/catalog/admin/fckeditor

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = 'catalog/admin/fckeditor

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = 'catalog/admin/fckeditor/

This is crazy, and making me crazy :blink: . Too bad the initial installation instructions were not done correctly. Spending days, a week, or ermmm weeks now, to install it is nuts.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to try to help me with this.

HOLY MOLY...after posting the above reply and looking at my paths, I realized that I had just entered the folder wrong....suppose to be /catalog/admin/FCKeditor/ NOT /catalog/admin/fckeditor.....................

IT WORKED...it pulled up and I bout fell outta my chair.

Thank you soooooooo much for your help. I would have never figured the actual path out for thinking it needed to be the complete server path /home/usr/public_html/catalog/admin.....this is just so great.

Now, wouldn't it be so kewl if we could actually add pages like we can in Open Realty B)

Do you or anyone else know if it is possible to change the html code FCK generates?

When creating a new row with Return-button on keyboard you get this code: <br/>

I don't really know if that is a problem, but I have learned to write it like this: <br>

Has anyone found a way of doing this? I use easypopulate to update stock some of the time, and in the past I've had trouble with /slashes/ in html code in the description text, as it's a character also used by mySQL. I can see this happening with this if I use it. Presumably this is an issue with FCK Editor rather than the OSC port of it. Any ideas anyone?

Dude, one thing you gotta be clear of is that not all are using Dreamweaver. All ain't using the latest html editors with line numbering. I don't have the cash to spend on such snassy gadgets. I'm using Notepad, and it has the "Go to line" disabled.

Have a look at ConTEXT - it's a great programmers editor, and it's free. Line numbers aren't turned on by default, but they're there if you need them.

Also see Vim.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I have this loaded. I have loaded a bunch of items in bulk through the database and now all the fonts are white and I have search every tile I can think of and don't know where to change that.. can yo all help me.

thank you

noppie :blink:

Hello

I have this loaded. I have loaded a bunch of items in bulk through the database and now all the fonts are white and I have search every tile I can think of and don't know where to change that.. can yo all help me.

thank you

noppie :blink:

• 1 month later...
I have just noticed something and i'm not sure if it helps discover where the problems lies but in the FCK newsletter editor window the toolbar has a preview button, when I clicked this I got a preview of my newsletter looking exactly as it should.

The problem occurs as soon as I click the 'Update' button. Then it's wrecked again.

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem with FCKEditor Newsletter HTML. The actual editor seems to work like a dream - I easily put together a nice html newsletter - but when it previews there are many lines of whitespace at the top and during the newsletter. Most importantly, it isn't only the preview - the actual email is also full of whitespace. So, if you're having this problem, don't send be tempted to send it out....

Anyone got a fix (or ideas)? Is this a "problem" with the Editor? I'm thinking it is, particularly looking at what muttsnuts says above - seems to be the way in which FCK saves the file - no good for newsletters??.

[Apart from this the only other niggle with the FCKEditor Newsletter HTML contribution is the absence of an opportunity to send a test email to an address - you can only email all of the newsletter subscribers. Nor do you get to see the list of email addresses to which the newsletter will be sent (unless you look in the database)].

Would really like to know if anyone has solved the whitespace issue....

- Reb

• 2 weeks later...

When I'm on the page where you can insert an image and you click on the 'browse the server' button I get an javascript error that says that a object is missing on line 118. Anyone that knows how I can fix this problem?

• 2 months later...

I have installed this contribution with the new version of FCKEditor 2.4 and everything so far seems to be fine. There is only one problem. When I open File Browser I'm getting an error : "The server didn't send back a proper XML response (...)" I went through the whole this topic and some other FCK related forums but I didn't find the answer. Can anybody help me? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Try the following:

/catalog/admin/fckeditor/fckeditor.php

$this->BasePath = '/fckeditor/' ;

I don't see anything about FCKeditor in my admin configuration.php. It may be redundant, but wait until you get FCK running before trying to delete it.

/catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = 'http://localhost/catalog/admin/FCKeditor/';

.... OR IF YOU ARE RUNNING LIVE.. (substitute with your address)

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = 'http://www.yoursite.com/catalog/admin/FCKeditor/';

I hope that sorts it for you!!!

:thumbsup:

I had exactly the same problem and tried everything this forum mentioned

Just letting everyone know that this really works - thank you soooooooooo much tencents!

You are a genius! :thumbsup:

Guys if your having a browser problem the try this first - it will save you hours!

Ok... so I've got past the browser problem and now have this instead of a description field when I add a product:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: fckeditor in /home/sites/www.jewelleryfountain.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 259

will post the answer when i find it - meanwhile if theres any geniuses out there who know whats wrong and willing to post the answer I'd appreciate it so very much!

Reagarding my message above -

Heres where I think the problem lies:

<td class="main"><?php tep_draw_fckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','500','300',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

I have tried adding .php to the end of fckeditor but I just get a different error message relating to ()'s

I am completley stuck now, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks, Kelly.