• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to Rename Shipping Method

fmckinnon

Hey Ya'll -

I'm sure this is pretty easy - I just don't know which .php file or include to modify, and where ...

We have a shipper who ships either USP Ground or FedEx Ground, and they decide which shipper to use based on what orders they have, what product ships best, etc. As a result, I want to use a "Ground" rate and specify in the footer that we ship either USP or FedEx Ground, whichever is best.

Just to get a good idea of shipping rates, I'd like to use the UPS shipping mod, but when it loads on the checkout_shipping page - I'd like to modify the "name" of the mod - so instead of saying "UPS" and the UPS logo, I'd like to change the verbage to just say "Ground Shipping (either UPS or FedEx Ground) w/ no logo.

Where do I change the way this text is displayed? Again - I want to use the mod because regardless of whether or not they use UPS or FedEx Ground, the rates that the UPS mod will supply will be "close enough" for us ... but I don't want it to say "UPS" and then the customer receives a FedEx package.

Any help?

Thanks,

Fred

Hey Ya'll -

I'm sure this is pretty easy - I just don't know which .php file or include to modify, and where ...

We have a shipper who ships either USP Ground or FedEx Ground, and they decide which shipper to use based on what orders they have, what product ships best, etc.  As a result, I want to use a "Ground" rate and specify in the footer that we ship either USP or FedEx Ground, whichever is best.

Just to get a good idea of shipping rates, I'd like to use the UPS shipping mod, but when it loads on the checkout_shipping page - I'd like to modify the "name" of the mod - so instead of saying "UPS" and the UPS logo, I'd like to change the verbage to just say "Ground Shipping (either UPS or FedEx Ground) w/ no logo.

Where do I change the way this text is displayed?  Again - I want to use the mod because regardless of whether or not they use UPS or FedEx Ground, the rates that the UPS mod will supply will be "close enough" for us ... but I don't want it to say "UPS" and then the customer receives a FedEx package.

Any help?

Thanks,

Fred

I did something similar to one of my zones modules but I suppose the idea will be the same for any other shipping module.

Look for the part inside the catalog/includes/modules/shipping/yourshippingmodule.php where it refers to

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                           'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES2_TEXT_TITLE,
                           'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,
                                                    'title' => $shipping_method,
                                                    'cost' => $shipping_cost)));
and there specifically for the
$this->quotes['module'] part

I made a new define within the accompanying catalog/includes/languages/yourlanguage/shipping/yourshippingmodule.php and used that to replace the default

'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES2_TEXT_TITLE
with
$this->quotes['module'] = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES2_TEXT_TITLE_ONLY_ONE_ZONE;

with what I needed for some particular zones.

HTH

Edited by wheeloftime

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Ya'll -

We have a shipper who ships either USP Ground or FedEx Ground, and they decide which shipper to use based on what orders they have, what product ships best, etc.  As a result, I want to use a "Ground" rate and specify in the footer that we ship either USP or FedEx Ground, whichever is best.

Where do I change the way this text is displayed?  Again - I want to use the mod because regardless of whether or not they use UPS or FedEx Ground, the rates that the UPS mod will supply will be "close enough" for us ... but I don't want it to say "UPS" and then the customer receives a FedEx package.

Any help?

Thanks,

Fred

open your shipping module (ups.php) from catalogue : includes: language: english : modules: shipping and make changes to reflect the wording that you would like to be seen by customer.

open shipping modules from catalogue: includes: modules: shipping and change this

$this->icon = DIR_WS_ICONS . 'shipping_dly.gif';

to this

$this->icon = DIR_WS_ICONS . 'your icon.gif';

this assumes that your icon is in the images: icons directory

this should do what you want

Geoff

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia