• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CCC Help

I have just spent 2 hours trying to find information on a Custom Computer Configurator program and only found one little posting on it and it looks more like a history of the program and it's progress through versions.

I can't believe that more people aren't using it and that there aren't more posts on this or am I just not looking in the right place on here?

Is this the only option for computer configurator to use with oscommerce?

Where would I post to get help with this? I have sent several emails to Stephen Walker but have not received any replies.

Thanks - a true beginner! (please be patient with me if I posted in the wrong area!)

• 2 weeks later...
I have just spent 2 hours trying to find information on a Custom Computer Configurator program and only found one little posting on it and it looks more like a history of the program and it's progress through versions. 

I can't believe that more people aren't using it and that there aren't more posts on this or am I just not looking in the right place on here?

Is this the only option for computer configurator to use with oscommerce?

Where would I post to get help with this?  I have sent several emails to Stephen Walker but have not received any replies. 

Thanks - a true beginner!  (please be patient with me if I posted in the wrong area!)

There is a contribution named ccc9.3 which is probably the best to use, and certianly the easiest to set up. It can be found in the contributions section.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thomas,

You can forget about the CCC by Stephen Walker (CCC9.3). It is hardly supported anymore and there are dozens of bugs in the download. If you are 'just starting out' you will have a hard time with it.

There is another one that goes by a similar name such as customer computer builder(?) that has some support here.

• 2 months later...
Thomas,

You can forget about the CCC by Stephen Walker (CCC9.3). It is hardly supported anymore and there are dozens of bugs in the download. If you are 'just starting out' you will have a hard time with it.

There is another one that goes by a similar name such as customer computer builder(?) that has some support here.

I have had no trouble with this contribution, even if the support iss not what it should be. Its easy to install, easy to use.

I have had no trouble with this contribution, even if the support iss not what it should be.  Its easy to install, easy to use.

I guess your money was greener than mine then!! I had a local developer look at it and he said the code is junk and wouldn't touch it! I asked a second guy and got a quote back of $1200 to fix it. More specifically this is what I want changed - right after you click on the CCC and it brings up the page where it lists Intel and/or AMD systems in black and white text - I'd like to have a picture there and also on the next screen where it gives you the option of which type of AMD or Intel system you'd like to configure. If you can do it, make me an offer........

I already paid a different guy to do it but it's been a month or better and still no changes............I even got ahold of him once and he said he was going to go ahead and do it but he still hasn't?!?!?!? Sheesh, what has this world come to when you trust someone, pay them and then they don't follow through with their end of the bargain!

Thanks, Tom.

Thomas,

If there are bugs and you know about them then why don't you update the contribution like others have?

• 2 weeks later...
I guess your money was greener than mine then!!  I had a local developer look at it and he said the code is junk and wouldn't touch it!  I asked a second guy and got a quote back of $1200 to fix it.  More specifically this is what I want changed - right after you click on the CCC and it brings up the page where it lists Intel and/or AMD systems in black and white text - I'd like to have a picture there and also on the next screen where it gives you the option of which type of AMD or Intel system you'd like to configure.  If you can do it, make me an offer........

I already paid a different guy to do it but it's been a month or better and still no changes............I even got ahold of him once and he said he was going to go ahead and do it but he still hasn't?!?!?!?  Sheesh, what has this world come to when you trust someone, pay them and then they don't follow through with their end of the bargain!

Thanks, Tom.

Cant you just add a picture as html in the text box for each section. I havent tried it, but it works on every other page in osc.

What bugs are there in ccc9.3. My setup worked first time, and is still working with no trouble. If i can install it, anyone can. All i did was to follow the instructions.