• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canadapost shipping module question

loki

Hello,

I have installed the Canadapost shipping module to a dummy store that isn't my live shopping cart. First I should tell you how I installed and what I did to the code:

I placed the 16k canadapost.php in install directory\includes\modules\shipping

Then the smaller 557 byte canadapost.php in

install directory\includes\languages\english\modules\shipping

after that you have to go in to your admin module and install it in

Configuration - Modules - Shipping

The go to

Configuration - Shipping/Packaging and insure your country of origin and postal code are set up properly.

And then I added this to the code thanks to a tip found on this forum from Bob Hurst:

Find this line in: includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php

$this->_canadapostOrigin(STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP, $country_name['countries_iso_code_2']);

and replace it with

$this->_canadapostOrigin('T3J4A1', $country_name['countries_iso_code_2']);

Of course the T3J4A1 got replaced with my own postal code. Now I recieve two seperate errors when checking out on my test store. The first being this warning message:

Warning: shipping(includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/canadapost.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/web_d/d16/s36/b022fd41/www/store2/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

Warning: shipping(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/canadapost.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/web_d/d16/s36/b022fd41/www/store2/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

It shows at the top of the page and doesn't allow the process to go further. My second problem is in the shipping field the header also displays:

MODULE_SHIPPING_CANADAPOST_TEXT_TITLE

With a broken JPG saying the same thing, is there any way to fix this? I'd prefer to use Canadapost rather than the zone location calculator.

Thanks for any help in advance :thumbsup:

Edited by loki

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

I have installed the Canadapost shipping module to a dummy store that isn't my live shopping cart. First I should tell you how I installed and what I did to the code:

I placed the 16k canadapost.php in install directory\includes\modules\shipping

Then the smaller 557 byte canadapost.php in

install directory\includes\languages\english\modules\shipping

after that you have to go in to your admin module and install it in

Configuration - Modules - Shipping

The go to

Configuration - Shipping/Packaging and insure your country of origin and postal code are set up properly.

And then I added this to the code thanks to a tip found on this forum from Bob Hurst:

Find this line in: includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php

$this->_canadapostOrigin(STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP, $country_name['countries_iso_code_2']);

and replace it with

$this->_canadapostOrigin('T3J4A1', $country_name['countries_iso_code_2']);

Of course the T3J4A1 got replaced with my own postal code. Now I recieve two seperate errors when checking out on my test store. The first being this warning message:

Warning: shipping(includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/canadapost.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/web_d/d16/s36/b022fd41/www/store2/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

Warning: shipping(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/canadapost.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/web_d/d16/s36/b022fd41/www/store2/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

It shows at the top of the page and doesn't allow the process to go further. My second problem is in the shipping field the header also displays:

MODULE_SHIPPING_CANADAPOST_TEXT_TITLE

With a broken JPG saying the same thing, is there any way to fix this? I'd prefer to use Canadapost rather than the zone location calculator.

Thanks for any help in advance  :thumbsup:

You may have your path wrong, as in needing catalog in front of includes/languges etc to look like this: catalog/includes/languages........

The broken JPG is trying to open up the little canada post symbol. May just have to change the path...

Let me know if that works.