Sign in to follow this  
Simplyeasier

Page Cache v1.5

Hi

I installed the page cache today and at the bottom of my index page I get these following errors

Can any1 help me get rid so i can test before applying to live site ?

Warning: fopen(/home/simply/public_html/shoptest/catalog//cache/_shoptest_catalog_index.php__english_GBP.cache): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/simply/public_html/shoptest/catalog/includes/classes/page_cache.php on line 258

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/simply/public_html/shoptest/catalog/includes/classes/page_cache.php on line 259

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/simply/public_html/shoptest/catalog/includes/classes/page_cache.php on line 260

Charles

The URL if you want to see this is http://www.simplyeasier.com/shoptest/catalog

Thanks

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Hi

I installed the page cache today and at the bottom of my index page I get these following errors

Warning: fopen(/home/simply/public_html/shoptest/catalog//cache/_shoptest_catalog_index.php__english_GBP.cache): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/simply/public_html/shoptest/catalog/includes/classes/page_cache.php on line 258

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/simply/public_html/shoptest/catalog/includes/classes/page_cache.php on line 259

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/simply/public_html/shoptest/catalog/includes/classes/page_cache.php on line 260

Charles

Thanks

Charles

maybe the double slash ?

catalog//cache

Treasurer MFC

maybe the double slash ?

catalog//cache

Amanda

Very probable -

How do I get rid of the unnecessary slash ? I cut and pasted the code into application top, bottom and html - whatever so I did not manually type anything in - therefore not really sure where this error might be coming from.

Charles

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Hi

Charles

Thanks

Charles

OK fixed - here's the lowdown

In the instal instructions in step 2 it says

STEP 2 - Create a new directory at your root called "cache"

Future versions will make this a setting that can be changed via the admin control panel but for now it is hard coded. If called in an URL it should look like http://yourstore.com/cache/

This works if your cart is installed in root ! - see the last sentence above.

In my test store where the problem arose my cart is in fact in path home/****/public_html/shoptest/catalog - i.e not in root !

I moved the Cache directory from out of root to within shoptest/catalog and bingo problem gone.

Now to test the page load speeds.

Charles