• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GIFT VOUCHER w/ PayPal not working

webtrek

I installed CCGV_5_11 and PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.0a:

Which are working great except on little very important thing. When I use Gift Vouchers as part of a purchase the TOTAL is correct on checkout, but the SUBTOTAL is passed onto PayPal, so the customer is billed the full amount like the Gift Voucher never existed :(

I have been experimenting with the sort order of the SHIPPING, TAX, DISCOUNT COUPONS, VOUCHERS, TOTAL, SUBTOTAL etc. but no matter what I do Paypal still receives the SUBTOTAL instead of the TOTAL.

I have been scouring the message board but I have had trouble defining/narrowing my search enough to find what I'm looking for. Can you help? It is now 1:30am and I am spent. A link or word of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-webtrek

Anyone else have this problem?

I reposted this in CCGV_5_11 Contribution Forum, but no help yet.....

If you have the CCGV & PayPal combo up and running could you cut/paste your sort order, I would like to try it to see if my setting are just screwed.

Thanks

-webtrek

i don't have 5.11 and i really don't have any idea which one i have but i think you might solve your issue by changing the order of order total modules and putting the gv and coupon before total and after sub total in order

in admin/modules/order_total

Edited by tedbooks

i don't  have 5.11 and i really don't have any idea which one i have but i think you might solve your issue by changing the order of order total modules and putting the gv and coupon before total and after sub total in order

in admin/modules/order_total

Thanks tedbook, I gave it a try but it seems no matter what order I put them in, the outcome is the same, PayPal

I tried this order..

?

Sub-Total 1

Discount Coupons 2

Tax 3

Shipping 4

Gift Vouchers 5

Total 50

and I get this in Payment/order Confirmation:

Sub-Total: $208.00

(Free Shipping)Shipping: $0.00

Gift Vouchers: $130.00

Total: $78.00

Which is good right? but when I confirm the order, and are passed off to PayPal, I get a bill for $208.00.

This means my customers GV did not process, very odd, I am starting to think this is not a sort order problem. I have found others asking the same question, but I have been unable to find an answer. What do you think? Have I eliminated "sort order" as the posable problem?

I think it has something to do with the handshake between OSCOMMERCE ans PAYPAL. I need some help with this one.

?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks tedbook, I gave it a try but it seems no matter what order I put them in, the outcome is the same, PayPal

I tried this order..

Sub-Total 1

Discount Coupons 2

Tax 3

Shipping 4

Gift Vouchers 5

Total 50

and I get this in Payment/order Confirmation:

Sub-Total: $208.00

(Free Shipping)Shipping: $0.00

Gift Vouchers: $130.00

Total: $78.00

Which is good right? but when I confirm the order, and are passed off to PayPal, I get a bill for $208.00.

This means my customers GV did not process, very odd, I am starting to think this is not a sort order problem.  I have found others asking the same question, but I have been unable to find an answer. What do you think? Have I eliminated "sort order" as the posable problem?

I think it has something to do with the handshake between OSCOMMERCE ans PAYPAL. I need some help with this one.

FIXED IT!!!! I just went to admin and unistalled PayPal and reinstalled it. It must have been because I installed the Papyal module before CCGV.... That was a 60 second fix.......that took 3 days to figure out

• 3 months later...

I was having the same problem with my site. Only the subtotal was being transfered to paypal. I have paypal ipn installed. I tried the uninstall and reisntall but that did not resolve the issue. What did fix it was changing the setting in the paypal ipn from itemized to aggregated. For some reason that allowed to correctly transfer the discounted total. I'm no expert in programing but if someone could identify the lines that need to be updated in order for the ipn itemized option to properly transfer it would be very appriciated. :rolleyes:

I have ccgv v.5_12 installed, and, while I use PayPal as my primary means of payment, I DO NOT have the PayPal IPN installed. I am having a problem with the combination however.

For example, I had a customer whom I sent a gift voucher in the amount of $47.55. They redeemed in the following manner:

Sub-total: $47.50

Shipping : $5.35

Gift Voucher : $47.55

Total: $5.30

Everything checks out so far. They chose to use PayPal to pay the remainder. When they are sent to PayPal, the amount due is shown as $-0.05, which is the subtotal before shipping is added. PayPal shows the shipping amount to be $0.00. Why isn't the correct total being passed? Is there a setting that is incorrect somewhere? (I apologize if this question has already been answered).

FYI - here is the sort order for my order total: Sub-Total (1); Discount Coupons (2); Shipping (9); Gift Vouchers (740); Total (900)