• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please Critique Paintball Site

tmoura

i think it looks great. i usally hate flash intros, but yours is quick and i found it amusing.

I found some of your categories dont have any products in them, that is a turn off. Don't have empty categories.

I would put somehting on the main page. Right now you just have the "WElcome Guest" and "New Products" box on the main page. I would add something graphical and a bit of text in the space between "Welcome Guest" and "New Products".

I like the logo in the top left. It is animated, with enough movement to increase the professionalism of the site, yet subtle enough not to annoy me.

Your bestsellers list scrolls from top to bottom. This makes me uncomfortable, most likely because I'm weird :huh:

I would prefer bttom to top scrolling.

Theres a huge white space at the bottom of your main page. I would make that smaller.

These 3 links have nothing in them:

Shipping & Returns

Privacy Notice

Conditions of Use

There is a contrib or something on the OSC site that bascially gives you the legal text to fill these in. VERY simple.

I night add a "All Products": link in your menu. Just somehting I tend to like.

Other than that, it's a great site, I like it!

I got my programmer, to set a cookie in the intro so once you enter my site for first time the intro appears and after first time it goes straight to the website. However if your use safari, since thats a bit odd of a browser we had to set the cookie reset rate in years, so if you use safari and enter my site, you will see flash intro, if you access my site in 2099 then the flash intro will be back up :)

Nice one Tom.

I think it's a very clean effective site. Obviously you need to fill in the rest of your static pages and add a lot more products.

Incidentally, how did you set up the scrolling bestsellers component on the right?

Regards, Letmos

Hi,

AIM me at tcplaya2004 or email me at [email protected] and ill give you full details. God, I also still have over 1000 more products to add..proabably gonna take until end of this month...any solutions to go faster..hire people, or what anymore would be great!!!

Thanks for your review.

Tom

the contributionis called

"coolmenu" needs a bit of tweaking..my programmer can help you out if you need help..HES VERy good and VERY familiar with OSCommerce after working about 8-10 months on my site.

Thanks

hey tmoura um....you realize you took copyrighted pictures from www.paintballgear.com? just thought i would let you know so you dont end up with a lawsuit on your hand....

ok there are many things you can do with your website. I suggest putting your website in a fixed width table. I also suggest that you get better pictures from your supplier and avoid taking copyrighted pictures (these pictures are fuzzy anyway. I would avoid the scrolling best sellers cause I personally think it's annoying. Make your tabs rollover and stick to a different color so that your customers know where they are. Other then that I got an intro page while visiting your website, though nice it did not fit the design of your store. Other then that I like the simple design but you may want to consider changing your font color from white to something else on the box titles (its hard to read on that light blue design.

Good Luck,

Andrew

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

First

I have just purchased 3 things from you... Hope they ship fast :-)

2nd

change the colors on the tab- hard to see

images still a bit blurry change default autoresizer to help you out..

Obviously keep adding products

Great site, you will sell lots of things!!!

Please let me have it, I need BRUTAL CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Very slow loading. You need to slim down the amount of images on your home page and get rid of the animation and your load time speed up 10 fold

Note I am on a dial up connection sloooow

:blink:

What animation are you speaking of...

and by the ways...how does one change the confirmation email that is sent when someone orders from you and the email when someone registers on the site...

thanks

tom

Archived