• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basics for design

toyicebear

I was wondering if there is some kind of loader or something like that for the Products Attributes . I have about 300 pruducts That I want beable to select differt makes, colors and size for just one pruduct. Any help would be greatfull..

thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you need to spend sometime going thru the contribs just like everyone else. You need to invest time in your web site and your self and that is how you will also learn about some really great things to add to your site. Really many of us have spent many hours investing in our sites. You will be surprised at all there is out there and how much help people will give if you devote some of your owne time to do some research. So please go and look up that contrib and check it out for your self. Once you do that then people will be happy to help you more. Good luck :)

Can someone tell me more about Easy Populate or any other thing I can use for this .. Thanks..

You will find Easypopulate here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,easypopulate

The best way to understand a contribution is to download it and read the readme files. Its not always totally clear even then so that's when the forums are useful!

Easypopulate is a great contrib by the way. Takes some work to get it all set up but when it is its a life changing experience.

Good luck.

Chris

(and yes it does attributes)

You will find Easypopulate here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,easypopulate

The best way to understand a contribution is to download it and read the readme files. Its not always totally clear even then so that's when the forums are useful!

Easypopulate is a great contrib by the way. Takes some work to get it all set up but when it is its a life changing experience.

Good luck.

Chris

(and yes it does attributes)

Thanks for the info chris.. you da man...

Sounds like you need to spend sometime going thru the contribs just like everyone else.? You need to invest time in your web site and your self and that is how you will also learn about some really great things to add to your site.? Really? many of us have spent many hours investing in our sites.? You will be surprised at all there is out there and how much help people will give if you devote some of your owne time to do some research.? So please go and look up that contrib and check it out for your self.? Once you do that then people will be happy to help you more.? Good luck :)

I thought this site was for tips and tricks and info.. I saved alot of time on my OS site thanks to people like Chris, davidgoogle and others. Thats what this Form is all about. people helping others out....

Hi people,

I'm gonna ask a super simple question, but i just can't find the answer to it.

Hoping someone over here can provide it;

I want to change the background colours for the left and right column, leaving the center the way it is.

I already changed the complete background colour in the stylesheet, but is it also possible to change only the column background colors (not the boxes, just the column)?

the files *includes/left_column.php* and *includes/right_column.php* consist only with php tags, do I have to add html tags or do I have to edit another file?

I hope someone can answer this, thanks! :-"

Inge

Hi people,

I'm gonna ask a super simple question, but i just can't find the answer to it.

Hoping someone over here can provide it;

I want to change the background colours for the left and right column, leaving the center the way it is.

I already changed the complete background colour in the stylesheet, but is it also possible to change only the column background colors (not the boxes, just the column)?

the files *includes/left_column.php* and *includes/right_column.php* consist only with php tags, do I have to add html tags or do I have to edit another file?

I hope someone can answer this, thanks!  :-"

Inge

you will actually have to edit all the 40 or so php files in your main folder, adding a define for color in the statement for left and right color for each and every one....

you will actually have to edit all the 40 or so php files in your main folder, adding a define for color in the statement for left and right color for each and every one....

Hi Nick,

thanks for your quick reply!

I guess I have to consider if it isn't easier to adapt some other things then.. :)

otherwise it will be lots of work..

Thanks again, maybe this will be a challenge for making a contribution that automaticly updates all pages, when I am a bit further in learning sql B)

Inge

I thought this site was for tips and tricks and info.. I saved alot of time on my OS site thanks to people like Chris, davidgoogle and others. Thats what this Form is all about. people helping others out....

Yes it was nice of someone to take their time to post a link to the contrib instead of you taking a few mins for you to look for yourself.

On the front page of your store. What file do you edit with the below txt

I thought is was default.php but couldnt find them anywhere..

"Welcome to the yourstore.com Online Catalog << remove this

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account? << And edit this

New Products For July" << I want to remove this

Thanks

Brandon

On the front page of your store. What file do you edit with the below txt

I thought is was default.php but couldnt find them anywhere..

"Welcome to the yourstore.com Online Catalog << remove this 

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account? << And edit this

New Products For July" << I want to remove this 

Thanks

Brandon

includes/languages/english/index.php

I've searched the forums and documentation for days....

what file is written to when image sizes are changed in the admin panel?

As well, what file/files are used to customize the heading portion where the CATEGORY images and the manufacturer/style filter go?

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated.

I just installed BTS but I get this error when browsing to catalog/index.php: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: bts_select() in /var/www/html/catalog/index.php on line 189. Any ideas? I thought I'd see how BTS operated and I should warn you in advance - I'm pretty close to a "newbie"... Thanks! :)

HI,

I have a simple question, I think because I don't see anybody asking it, how can I remove conditions, policy, etc. out of the informationbox into the footer. I looked in the contrib. sec. , en the oscommerce tips and tricks and did forums search on footer and informationbox. And can find no answer, if somebody kan help me out, I would be gratefull

Denice

A few more probably simple questions but I can't seem to find the answer to them doing various earches.

#1 - When I open a category I see the screen with all of the subcategories images and the name below the image. I created images for all of my categories and would like to remove the text name but I'm not seeing this anywhere.

#2 - Stylesheet question, mainly the way the text for my items are displayed, when I took at a categories content I found the place to change it but when I go into a specific item the text is really small and I'm not sure where that is dictated. Same for the What's new info box in the main page.

I apologize for not understanding Step 6:

(6. To make color changes easier you will need to replace 3 gifs in the in the folder images/infobox.

- corner_left.gif

- corner_right.gif

- corner_right_left.gif

replace those 3 with 3 empty transparent gifs in the same size.)

Exactly how does one "replace those 3 with 3 empty transparent gifs in the same size"? Size in pixels or size in bytes?

Trying to get up to speed! Thanks, :rolleyes:

replace those 3 with 3 empty transparent gifs in the same size.)[/b]

Exactly how does one "replace those 3 with 3 empty transparent gifs in the same size"? Size in pixels or size in bytes?

Replace the files with a transparent gif of the same pixel size, I think 11x14.

I've searched the forums and documentation for days....

what file is written to when image sizes are changed in the admin panel?

As well, what file/files are used to customize the heading portion where the CATEGORY images and the manufacturer/style filter go?

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated.

1. the sizes is written to the database

2. If you are talking about the center portion of the pages the category images and the manufacturer filters are defined in index.php

I just installed BTS but I get this error when browsing to catalog/index.php: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: bts_select() in /var/www/html/catalog/index.php on line 189. Any ideas? I thought I'd see how BTS operated and I should warn you in advance - I'm pretty close to a "newbie"... Thanks! :)

I suggest you do a forum search and check in the BTS support tread...

Archived