• Last Reply
Hi

actually in oscommerce is a space betwen the boxes

i want to remove this

5kxcu3yqndvqdjd9uvd1_thumb.gif

how i can remove that?

thanks

includes/classes/boxes.php

Hi. He needs a bit to convert the shop and I wanted to add in the foot and at the top some GIF under the banner instead of the light blue belt. I already tried many solutions and I added nothing to the css file bacground-images and also not did any good. You have perhaps some solution. I am calling for help.

Hi. He needs a bit to convert the shop and I wanted to add in the foot and at the top some GIF under the banner instead of the light blue belt. I already tried many solutions and I added nothing to the css file bacground-images and also not did any good. You have perhaps some solution. I am calling for help.

Top...

edit this file:

includes/header.php

Bottom...

Edit this file:

includes/footer.php

i know where is the code

i want know how to remove that space

working with boxes.php and css file but don't work

Change

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

to

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

You' ll find this code twice on every page (like index.php and product_info.php etc) just above

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

and

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

Change

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

to

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

You' ll find this code twice on every page (like index.php and product_info.php etc) just above

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

and

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

thanks

that space now is smaller but still is there

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One thing I use constantly to over come html formatting that goes awry when adding contributions is dreamweaver. I have a modified design that has developed over the years with around 150 or so contributions. When doing modifications I view my source and paste into dreamweaver and 9 times out of ten there are errors. It sometimes takes a little trial and error to get things clean, too many nested tables, but it works for me. Although osc code may render in a browser it doesn't mean the code is OK and bots can follow it.

Hi

I have been reading this great post and have gotten some great info thank you!

I would like to know how I can remove the 'New Products' displayed from the catalog homepage. I am not talking about the box on the right or left but the main 'frame' at the bottom of the page that displays the recently added products. I would like that page to only have text.

I apologize if this has been already addressed in this post.

Thank you

Julien

Hi

I have been reading this great post and have gotten some great info thank you!

I would like to know how I can remove the 'New Products' displayed from the catalog homepage. I am not talking about the box on the right or left but the main 'frame' at the bottom of the page that displays the recently added products. I would like that page to only have text.

I apologize if this has been already addressed in this post.

Thank you

Julien

Just remove the last of the include products_new reference lines close to the bottom of the index.php file

• 3 months later...

Well that worked.

I would like to know how I can alter the height of the "information box" on the front page.

I do not want to change any of the others.

appreciate any help

You can do that by editing this file:

includes/boxes/information.php

You can do that by editing this file:

includes/boxes/information.php

Hi there, thanks for your advice regarding altering the index.php to remove all the new products added on the front page.

i was wondering if you knew how to add products that I want on the front page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi there, thanks for your advice regarding altering the index.php to remove all the new products added on the front page.

i was wondering if you knew how to add products that I want on the front page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Install the Featured products add-on , it replaces the new products with a system where you in admin can choose which products to show.

The look of osCommerce is fairly easy to change...it usually only requires the change of no more than 5 files..

1. includes/header.php

2. includes/footer.php

3. includes/left_column.php

4. includes/right_column.php

5. Stylesheet.css

Have fun... B)

Hi toyicebear

I downloaded your basic design pack, you suggest that all is needed is to drag it across shop?? do you mean drag the folder to somewhere in oscommerce page? what I am creating is an oscommerce site that resembles my website, so perhaps your vanilla install tutorial will help me most?

any advice appreciated, thanks for your help and posts

regards

Stephen

Hi toyicebear

I downloaded your basic design pack, you suggest that all is needed is to drag it across shop?? do you mean drag the folder to somewhere in oscommerce page? what I am creating is an oscommerce site that resembles my website, so perhaps your vanilla install tutorial will help me most?

any advice appreciated, thanks for your help and posts

regards

Stephen

You use a ftp program or your web hosting control panels file manager to add up the specified files and folders overwriting the "same" ones from the original shop.

Or you can follow the instructions given in the step by step design tutorial and do the cahnges manually.

Has any one got a tip on how to edit the basic pages when I have already installed a new layout contrib.

This is my site http://www.mistatees-rc.co.uk

I have checked for the basic layout of 5 files as highlighted earlier in the thread, but those files do not exist any more.

Thanks in advance

If you installed a template, then the only one who can really tell you whats going on is the template seller. Impossible to know how each one create his websites, what files he use and what he change on the core osCommerce. Did you ask?

If you installed a template, then the only one who can really tell you whats going on is the template seller. Impossible to know how each one create his websites, what files he use and what he change on the core osCommerce. Did you ask?

Thanks for the reply.

I did not buy the template its free and no info on who did make it.

My problem is its not obvious (unlike normal HTML) where the content is stored. If you searched a normal site with say 10 pages for the word book , where book was a heading under which books were listed you would locate the code that needed altering. With PHP its not like this is it!

I searched the whole site for the word book and it seems not to exist.

The stupid part is I actually already altered the text in the center of the site but can not for the life of me work out how to do it now.....? Weird.

One thing I use constantly to over come html formatting that goes awry when adding contributions is dreamweaver. I have a modified design that has developed over the years with around 150 or so contributions. When doing modifications I view my source and paste into dreamweaver and 9 times out of ten there are errors. It sometimes takes a little trial and error to get things clean, too many nested tables, but it works for me. Although osc code may render in a browser it doesn't mean the code is OK and bots can follow it.

How do you find out what files to alter as they are produced in real time are they not??

Archived